Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

Yes. What a whirlwind! Not quite as comprehensive as I’d have thought, but great to see the awful crusher utterly graceless in defeat. NZ dodged a bullet or two there!
She wouldn’t have let us have a cannabis referendum, but she was quite clearly off her chops. She could barely speak. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Well done NZ!

Now all we need is a thumb on the scales of justice. 420 FTW!

Does the clear lean to the left bode well for the cannabis referendum?

It’s the first time I’ve been optimistic about it since it was announced.

I was happy to see the country do a few things right yesterday.

Smell that, boys? That’s the smell of a crisp dew on the National mourning* of new beginnings.

*:cheesygrinsmiley:

Does the clear lean to the left bode well for the cannabis referendum?

As DD mentioned, it's the first real indicator that optimism may not be misplaced!

The short of it: the election results show that the polls have been skewed to the right.

(The referendum results will only be out on the 30th of October. Not sure why?)

The polls were indicating that the reeferendum would be very close or in favour of the the No vote.

If the referendum goes the same way as the election did, with most of the country voting left, we may have a shot!!

AND the Green candidate, Chloe Swarbrick, who initiated the legalisation referendum (it's her bill) also WON our biggest city's central electorate (Auckland Central), which was previously under a National MP. Chloe's like 26 or something. The Greens haven't had an electoral seat since 1999.

Not quite as comprehensive as I’d have thought,

For me it was WAY more comprehensive than I'd have thought! :laughtwo:

Hey Sy, Nov 6th referendum results out.....fingers crossed brother.
Hows the girl's going?

Oh man, I've been behind on life since election night, lol!

And even further behind on all your journals!

All 3 are doing great. I scoped up Desert this morning and she's still not ready yet. More brown hairs, and "1 or 2" (y'all know what I mean) ambers here and there and a lot of cloudy. Not quite there yet, but not long either. I'm not expecting her to be done until at least this weekend.

RH has been a bit more of a battle with rain all week. The new dehumidifier has been keeping it at bay, just! Thankfully it will dry out in the next few days.

Yeah, preliminary results on 30th October and final results on 6th November. :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

I've noticed rh is a bit higher this week and with heaps more rain for the rest of the week it'll be much the same.
Not much longer to find out the results......

Eeek good luck man! It's forecasted to be dry here for the rest of the week.

Honestly, early on during COVID lockdowns etc., even though it didn’t affect my lifestyle at all, we watched queen Cindys nighttime addresses. Our own leadership was so non existent ... we adopted yours. Aunty Cindy indeed. :)

All best for the referendum. Talk about suspense, won’t know for a few weeks...
:passitleft:

Honestly, early on during COVID lockdowns etc., even though it didn’t affect my lifestyle at all, we watched queen Cindys nighttime addresses. Our own leadership was so non existent ... we adopted yours. Aunty Cindy indeed. :)

All best for the referendum. Talk about suspense, won’t know for a few weeks...
:passitleft:
Just the fact that NZ has had a referendum on legalizing recreational cannabis is huge. I can imagine it falling short, but even if it does, it created a big media conversation about it and probably there is a sizable Yes vote. So with Aunty Cindy getting back in and the Greens also done well (they got my vote in thanks for getting the referendum started) in the disappointing event of it failing probably the next Govt is likely to be as weed friendly as we could hope for to bring prohibition to an end. Then, the next time around hopefully I don't have to care who gets in. Hopefully if it does then Ozzie will too, great that Canberra has already. And you're right, it is very suspenseful. I keep googling for the appearance of any positive analysis of the outcome that points to the Yes vote winning, but so far, bugger all unfortunately.

Our American friends won't know for years who the next President is. ;)

And only a handful have ever served twice so they typically always change every 4 years. We find out in a couple weeks who the next one is...or isn't...

Good to hear about the plant progression syenite! Counting down the days man...Hope you have some other means of smoke to keep the temptation at bay...:blunt:

And only a handful have ever served twice so they typically always change every 4 years. We find out in a couple weeks who the next one is...or isn't...

I believe Mr "Cheeky Cheeks" Sauga was jokingly alluding to either a) Trump refusing to step down or b) Trump winning! :eek::rip:

Good to hear about the plant progression syenite! Counting down the days man...Hope you have some other means of smoke to keep the temptation at bay...:blunt:

Thanks man! Not long not long :yummy:

I am an anxious, hypervigilant control freak - I always have AT LEAST a month's worth of flower stashed as a buffer!! :laughtwo:

Grub, day 59 above ground

Finally forked out for a genuine SaugaView® after struggling with the cheaper, knockoff "SaugerView" all this time! Apparently the real thing features 24/7 technical growing AND emotional support from @MrSauga himself!

IMG_0238.jpeg

Canopy has gotten wild pretty fast! I need to make more space for the branches in the middle.

I'll also have to accommodate for the fact that the box has a rectangular rather than square base.

You can also see little Bigfoot Glue (unnamed) to the left of her.

And here's a look at Grub's quad base.

IMG_0239.jpg

Satisfyingly low!

I'm aware I could flip her now pretty much, but I'm in no rush! I'll let her get a little thiccer and a little taller and make sure her root system is well developed.

:thumb::thanks::surf:

I had no idea the Sauga View was a thing..lol Plants look good and healthy and I hope your election goes well for freedom.
Thanks Jim! We'll find out soon enough. I've generally been able to distract myself from thinking too much about it, but it's always lurking :lot-o-toke: Nothing we can do now but wait and see!

Grub, day 59 above ground

Finally forked out for a genuine SaugaView® after struggling with the cheaper, knockoff "SaugerView" all this time! Apparently the real thing features 24/7 technical growing AND emotional support from @MrSauga himself!

IMG_0238.jpeg

Canopy has gotten wild pretty fast! I need to make more space for the branches in the middle.

I'll also have to accommodate for the fact that the box has a rectangular rather than square base.

You can also see little Bigfoot Glue (unnamed) to the left of her.

And here's a look at Grub's quad base.

IMG_0239.jpg

Satisfyingly low!

I'm aware I could flip her now pretty much, but I'm in no rush! I'll let her get a little thiccer and a little taller and make sure her root system is well developed.

:thumb::thanks::surf:
gorgeous pic brother

Back
Top Bottom