First Journal, Bag Seeds

Hey Stormblessed! Girls are looking good and healthy, and nice upgrade on the lighting, blurple is hard on the eyes!

I've got Inkbird controllers, both humidity and temp, the temp one is nice (I have the Wi-Fi one) to check temps on the go from a phone app.

I was also wondering what the ideal air turnover rate is in tents ? The in-line fan I have now will change the air in the 4x4 about 1x a minute, pause a tower fan, for inside
There’s more variables that go into it and I’ll try my best to explain it to you. But as a general rule of thumb you want your fan to have enough power that it can cycle the air and heat through your room/tent. An example would be.. 4ftW x 4ftL x 6ftH = 96 sq ft.. 96CFM .. now that is just the base CFM you need to circulate air through your space... this number goes up with other variables, such as humidifiers, etc (figure add 30% to be safe)... 30% of 96 is 28.8 so now your 96 is now at 124.8CFM ... A highly efficient LED light will require a 50% increase in your CFM to accommodate the heat radiating from the fixture, which for the sake of this example would leave you needing around 187.2 CFM to circulate a 4x4x6 grow tent with accessories and light that emits heat. There are ways to further dial it down, like converting watts to BTU’s and figuring out exactly how much CFM your fan needs to cool your light at a given time. My recommendation, is to buy nice high powered fans that can be dialed up and down. The AC infinity cloud line series are great fans, and hard to beat at $150 a piece.. hopefully I was able to make some sense with this. Basically your gonna want two fans that can at least cycle 200CFM, one for inflow and one for outflow.

So I was checking on the little ones this morning and I noticed a little bit more yellowing on one or two of the bottom fan leaves, it started about 5-6 days ago, and my ppms were pretty high, I fixed that issue, but could this still b that working it’s way out or think this is something else I should worry about? The PPM is about 750 now
1D5D3180-C6FF-4A69-840A-63E9470A3862.jpeg
, it’s not horrible but I want to get ahead of it, and thoughts would b greatly appreciated

When you get tip burn the leaves wont repair themselves. Whatever has turned crunchy will stay that way until the leaf is eventually dropped probably sometime during flower.

750 still seems awfully high for a plant that size but it isnt burning as bad as you’d expect for the numbers. Are you using tap water? What is the starting ppm of the water before mixing anything in? Also, what is your ph and how often do you check it?

Thanks for the input:passitleft:My tap water starts at just over 50 ppm, and I’ve been checking my ph daily, and keeping it between 5.6-6, I will probably knock the nutes down a little more, but I don’t understand why we r supposed to give 1/2 or 1/4 nutrients when they r young, isn’t that the point of a feeding chart, why wouldn’t they just make that the numbers on the chart For those stages ya kno, it’s probably just there way to sell more product

Oh i'm using half strength or less throughout the entire grow. The GH chart, or at least the one they produce, is for general plants and veggies, not cannabis. Our favorite plants tend to be a little more sensitive to nutrients than say a pepper plant. It's just super concentrated for cannabis plants.

I grew a pepper plant in a DWC bucket once, and it would crank out peppers no matter what you dumped in there. Cant say the same for the "devil's lettuce".

Just got my microscope so I wanted to play with it lol this is the bud I entered in bud of the month, it’s got a lot of amber lol
8E6E5176-5AC0-4DD4-8009-45490499092B.png

Attachments

• 4648AE47-A219-4317-B709-87827161F951.png
    4648AE47-A219-4317-B709-87827161F951.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Just got my microscope so I wanted to play with it lol this is the bud I entered in bud of the month, it’s got a lot of amber lol
8E6E5176-5AC0-4DD4-8009-45490499092B.png
They can be pretty fun!! I used a photo from mine lol

Back
Top Bottom