First Journal, Bag Seeds

Now that is a nice and low res! If you can see a glow through it, definitely paint it. Or at least cover it with something. If light is getting in there you will be fighting res problems until the canopy covers the top of the bin. dont have much input on the light but i know theres a mars vendor on here than could help you choose

I already bought the 2 ts600,I’m so damn impatient lol I ordered some more seeds to lol but I don’t order a lot of seeds at a time lol
BC2138C9-5915-488E-9E51-69FDECE65E27.jpeg

My thinking in getting all autos this time is that I would like to get a low budget perpetual grow going, I have two not big spaces, a 3x3.5 closet and a DIY tent 2’x3’x4’ tall , I’m thinking about making the closet my photo flower space and the tent a veg/auto tent, till I can upgrade to a 2x4 Probably

I’m not feeling the lava rock, I only bought it cause it was all Home Depot has and I’m impatient af, but when I did the water change there was a lot of sentiment from it in the bottom of the bucket, and I soaked it and sprayed it b4 I used it, so I ordered sum hydroton

I’m not feeling the lava rock, I only bought it cause it was all Home Depot has and I’m impatient af, but when I did the water change there was a lot of sentiment from it in the bottom of the bucket, and I soaked it and sprayed it b4 I used it, so I ordered sum hydroton
Hey @Stormblessed! Nice grow you've got going on! While I'm far from an expert, feel free to tag me anytime for some thoughts (just take it as noobish advice).

Hydroton is going to need some good cleaning and soaking or you'll get the same results...even then you probably will for the first bit.

Awesome job on that low profile reservoir! How many L or gallons does it hold?

That little one might surprise you and become the leader!

Thanks for following along, I am also a noob so any advice is welcome lol, it says 10 gallons but I think they count the extra volume of tge raised lid, because it only needs 4 gal to get bout 1/2-1 inch under the net pot

Thanks for following along, I am also a noob so any advice is welcome lol, it says 10 gallons but I think they count the extra volume of tge raised lid, because it only needs 4 gal to get bout 1/2-1 inch under the net pot
I haven't even finished my first grow (as you know, thanks for stopping by, btw! :Namaste: ), but you've done your homework and it shows!

Regarding the rockwool, I'm no longer using it in the future. It makes the seed starting easier, but aside from that unless you plan on upping into larger grow blocks they're not worth it. While this is my first mj grow, I've done a bit of hydroponic gardening and am seeing similar to better results with germinating on hydroton.

I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday and he was germinating in the hydroton, I was shocked lol I have one harvest under my belt but it was just a test run so was only like a half, and bout 2-3 grows that turned out to b males, and I’ve done a lot of research since my first try, which was coincidental my Only female, with like fish tank lights, I invested some money since lockdown started, not a lot by any means, maybe just over $500 and I’m ready for sum action, I bought seeds so I don’t have to worry about males after these two

I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday and he was germinating in the hydroton, I was shocked lol I have one harvest under my belt but it was just a test run so was only like a half, and bout 2-3 grows that turned out to b males, and I’ve done a lot of research since my first try, which was coincidental my Only female, with like fish tank lights, I invested some money since lockdown started, not a lot by any means, maybe just over $500 and I’m ready for sum action, I bought seeds so I don’t have to worry about males after these two

If it was about a guy doing it in a long black plastic try with a cup upside down, that's the video that first got me to try it. I did it first using cucumber seeds, then tried it with 1 of the plants I'm growing right now in my grow cab, (one of the blueberries). Theres always the option of paper towel and just hydroton. To me those rockwool cubes just retain water too much and then theres the algae on them. Doubt I'll use them for anything other the lettuce again :rofl:

Well you've come along ways since then, and you sir are ahead of me...I've never even done a harvest. I cant wait and keep trying to take guess on what I'll yield, but with such a packed small space I'll just be happy with a few months worth of medication.

I noticed your using the GH trio, have you ever looked up the Lucas method? Saves a few bucks and eliminates the GH grow bottle. Might be food for thought for the next grow if you want to try something different!

So I was changing the air tube from clear to dark blue today and I noticed some discoloring on my roots and a slimy clump, now I did do a water change yesterday with nutrients and everything, could it just b staining or the clear tubing letting light in, or do I have a problem that still needs to b solved
6AB97753-04EF-4E92-AF72-842FA336F139.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom