First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

It's Monday trichome day. This is all Blueberry 1 on day 62 (of a 55 day spec!). Not seeing any amber at all and nothing starting to lay down, so there's a bit of time left on this baby. No pics of the others because 1. nothing's changed and 2. late for work this morning.

Let me know what you think. These are taken with my phone:

20170710_083541.jpg

20170710_083530.jpg

20170710_083527.jpg

20170710_083510.jpg

And this one with my phone through a loupe (which isn't easy!):
20170709_172910.jpg

Thanks! I'm trying not to get impatient as harvest day nears. Like grabbing that big peach off the tree and then realizing it was two days too soon...
I did that my last grow plucked a week or so too early ended up with 7ounces of GARBAAAGGE!!

And finally, on day 63, Blueberry 1. No signs of amber yet but who doesn't like some trichome pr0n anyway.

20170711_074514.jpg

Top cola:
20170711_074530.jpg

Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up
20170711_074526cr.jpg

20170711_074343.jpg

That's it for today. Seems to be a holding pattern, though I'm a bit concerned about the RH under the lights. It was up around 80% this morning. Does the fact that it spends 12 hours outside compensate for that?

Tuesday and the heat has dissipated some. Both of the younger two got watered last night before being put under the CFLs. That's two days in a row, and this time with 3/4 tsp TigerBloom and 1/2 tsp Open Sesame. No nute burn this morning so let's get some photos up!

AK-47 on day 53:
20170711_073527.jpg

and the top cola:
20170711_073553.jpg

No nute burn but she is showing that some kind of watering issue. The tips of your fans are burnt either due to over watering by using too much water to feed or ph is slightly off i had it for awhile on my crit mine was a ph problem.

No nute burn but she is showing that some kind of watering issue. The tips of your fans are burnt either due to over watering by using too much water to feed or ph is slightly off i had it for awhile on my crit mine was a ph problem.

The pH for the nutes has been around 6.0-6.2 or so if the digital meter is accurate, though the 2-prong soil meter always says 7 no matter what. I water to run-off every time, but I don't water unless the moister meter (same 2-prong thingy) says it's almost to the dry level. I also feel the top inch and the sides of the cloth pot to see if it feels dry. It was over 90° outside for a few days now, and it has been hot and moist under the lights. Would that cause that on the leaves? Or the top is too close to the CFLs?

Here's a close-up of the lower leaves further from the lights:
20170711_073527cr.jpg

I only water 6 cups on my crit so it may be too much water bc even on some of the lowers the tips are turning and thats common in autos when they are overfed/overwatered

I always have watered (every potted plant I've ever had) until it runs out the bottom. I was under the impression that overwatering meant how often rather than how much at once. Since these are fabric pots they don't retain any moisture except what the soil can use, and it's 30% perlite so there should be good drainage.

Maybe it is too much food. Since there's a good 2 weeks left on it I'll cut back the nutes next time and see if that helps.

Oh and you might want to trim off the rest of the fans on the bb1. a) since the leave are yellowing they are dieing. b) at this point they are just sucking the nute that should be going to your bud, instead its going to the dieing fans

Yes...I actually meant to do that this morning but completely forgot! Will do as soon as I get home.

As for the potted plants i have a tomato that gets a half gallon of feed water every three days that is in a cloth pot its also in a 50% perlite mix but even so my cannabis only get what she needs just enough water to feed and water her they really dont need much but i also flush about every week or two with three gallons of near 0 ppm water or even distilled water

Quiet day today without much change. But if my moisture probe looks like this and the top inch feels dry, but the leaves aren't drooping, do I water? I would think that you don't want leaves to droop as that's stressing the plant.

Moisture scale, not pH:
20170712_080359.jpg

As I've mentioned before, my soil always reads 7.0 pH on this meter even if I just watered with 6.1

Quiet day today without much change. But if my moisture probe looks like this and the top inch feels dry, but the leaves aren't drooping, do I water? I would think that you don't want leaves to droop as that's stressing the plant.

Moisture scale, not pH:
20170712_080359.jpg

As I've mentioned before, my soil always reads 7.0 pH on this meter even if I just watered with 6.1
those probes are garbage ...not reliable in any sense...ph or moisture..they lie...they are off ..and they cause problems. always have...water the plant evenly and then keep track by how much it weighs ...SO you know if it needs water before it needs water.

GFP

Back
Top Bottom