First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Quick smoke report on the little AK-47 bud that was sitting in the rice. Wife saw no reason to wait and thought she'd try it before any cure at all (as opposed to the Blueberry which had been in the jar for a week or so).

Knotty would not be happy with this one at all! Smooth with very little taste and hardly any effect. This will be a perfect test to see whether curing makes any change in whether you get stoned or not. I've got 28 grams I'm going to cure that I hope will eventually create more high. If not this top will go in with the trim, which I think I'm going to make lotion out of...stay tuned for that process.

So far this strain has no smell at all and very little high. Wonder if this was just a bad seed as it's listed at 20% THC, and all the reviews (now that I finally read them) say this is a stinky plant. Hmmm...will be soaking two more seeds this weekend and I'll try again in a different journal. I've got 5 or 6 left of this strain so I hope this is an outlier!

No matter what happens with the cure, I'm giving the rest of the plant a lot more time to get amber! Probably going to wait for close to 50%.

Have a good night all!

Quick smoke report on the little AK-47 bud that was sitting in the rice. Wife saw no reason to wait and thought she'd try it before any cure at all (as opposed to the Blueberry which had been in the jar for a week or so).

Knotty would not be happy with this one at all! Smooth with very little taste and hardly any effect. This will be a perfect test to see whether curing makes any change in whether you get stoned or not. I've got 28 grams I'm going to cure that I hope will eventually create more high. If not this top will go in with the trim, which I think I'm going to make lotion out of...stay tuned for that process.

So far this strain has no smell at all and very little high. Wonder if this was just a bad seed as it's listed at 20% THC, and all the reviews (now that I finally read them) say this is a stinky plant. Hmmm...will be soaking two more seeds this weekend and I'll try again in a different journal. I've got 5 or 6 left of this strain so I hope this is an outlier!

No matter what happens with the cure, I'm giving the rest of the plant a lot more time to get amber! Probably going to wait for close to 50%.

Have a good night all!
That makes me wonder about the autos or maybe we are doing something wrong this no smell thing is crazy haha because the plant smells so why the cut grass hahaa. But I'm planning on trying to regular method to see of that makes difference

That makes me wonder about the autos or maybe we are doing something wrong this no smell thing is crazy haha because the plant smells so why the cut grass hahaa. But I'm planning on trying to regular method to see of that makes difference

Don't think this applies to all autos, as the Blueberry def had my wife high on two hits and it stunk like dope. The cut grass smell is supposed to go away with curing which my Blue 1 is not yet. Don't think you're Bubbalicious is either. Lots of time at 62% in jars is supposed to "cure" a lot of ills!

And I don't care how it smells if it works!

I'm hoping either the AK-47 needs more time to ripen, or this one seed was a freak! I won't know until I cut down the rest of the plant when it's WAAAAAY more amber.

Don't think this applies to all autos, as the Blueberry def had my wife high on two hits and it stunk like dope. The cut grass smell is supposed to go away with curing which my Blue 1 is not yet. Don't think you're Bubbalicious is either. Lots of time at 62% in jars is supposed to "cure" a lot of ills!

And I don't care how it smells if it works!

I'm hoping either the AK-47 needs more time to ripen, or this one seed was a freak! I won't know until I cut down the rest of the plant when it's WAAAAAY more amber.
I got u ya the stuff i just put in jars have a very faint grass smell so I'm hoping it goes away because I need that GELATO to boooooom!! Haha

Have a good night all!

Damn shed. That sucks bro. I dried my first grow I. My tent that I brought indoors with a fan for bout 4-5 days, slightly crisp on outside & spongy inside. Then jarred and burped 2 x's a day (15) min ea time, for 3 weeks. Not consistent, or anything scientific, and we and our peeps got ripped off puffing that grow right from the start. I wonder if it's a strain high in CBd they got mixed up. Hoping it gets better bro. Starting to get concerned I ordered from wrong seed company. Great day to ya bud!!

Damn shed. Starting to get concerned I ordered from wrong seed company. Great day to ya bud!!

Hey Moon, don't sweat my mild AK! You're growing the Blueberry and I've already got a good review on that! I still have "high" hopes that the AK just needs more ripening to feel that alleged 20% THC.

I'm going to start soaking the next 2 AK-47 seeds today based on the fact that a) I already own them, b) this one plant might be an anomaly, and c) it may need a lot of amber to get you high.

I will continue posting in this journal all the way through the curing process for these 3 plants so if anything changes with the AK you'll know! But your Blueberry will be fine, and you can always let it go longer than I did if you want to go for a different high.

Friday y'all but I'm off work again for staycay.

Plowing ahead with the AK-47 dry in spite of the meh review from the green bud test last night. I put 24 grams into a jar this morning with the hygrometer, so I'll know in a bit how dry the dry was. I cut the buds completely off the stems this time just to be different from Blue 1, but also bc there wasn't a real top cola on this one.

20170818_090924cr.jpg

Only macro pics of the plants today bc they look the same as yesterday! I'm ignoring the amber on the sugar leaves for now bc those get the most sun and I'm going to gauge by the trichomes closer in.

Here's the AK-47 on day 92:

20170818_093127.jpg

20170818_093151.jpg

20170818_093217.jpg

And here's Blue 2 on day 91:

20170818_093231.jpg

20170818_093318.jpg

What are y'all seeing that I'm missing? Anything?

Friday y'all but I'm off work again for staycay.

Plowing ahead with the AK-47 dry in spite of the meh review from the green bud test last night. I put 24 grams into a jar this morning with the hygrometer, so I'll know in a bit how dry the dry was. I cut the buds completely off the stems this time just to be different from Blue 1, but also bc there wasn't a real top cola on this one.

20170818_090924cr.jpg

Only macro pics of the plants today bc they look the same as yesterday! I'm ignoring the amber on the sugar leaves for now bc those get the most sun and I'm going to gauge by the trichomes closer in.

Here's the AK-47 on day 92:

20170818_093127.jpg

20170818_093151.jpg

20170818_093217.jpg

And here's Blue 2 on day 91:

20170818_093231.jpg

20170818_093318.jpg

What are y'all seeing that I'm missing? Anything?

I like gettin shit done high, so that has me all over it. I see mostly milky ..some amber ...a few still clear. I hate zombie couch lol I weed. :thumb:

thats crazy @91 days man, I wonder if the breeders of the seeds put the estimated finish time for the fastest phenos of the select strain. Seems like every auto journal i come across they have to grow them for 2-3 weeks longer than what was stated. I can see some amber but she looks like she can go another week or so. I keep trying to convince myself to try some autos, but I guess im not sold on them yet. I really like the difference between LST and no LST tho, you can really tell the difference in what its going to yield.

thats crazy @91 days man, I wonder if the breeders of the seeds put the estimated finish time for the fastest phenos of the select strain. Seems like every auto journal i come across they have to grow them for 2-3 weeks longer than what was stated. I can see some amber but she looks like she can go another week or so. I keep trying to convince myself to try some autos, but I guess im not sold on them yet. I really like the difference between LST and no LST tho, you can really tell the difference in what its going to yield.

Quite true. 91 days and not done yet is more than a month over spec. I'm pretty sure they spec them indoor at 24/0! They even spec their yields in grams/sq. meter. But since I grow (mostly) outdoors in southern California I can grow the autos all year. Indoor growers can probably do way better on yields with photos vegged as long as you like and then flipped.

And I've mentioned before...YES on LST!

Just a note-to-self for the next grow journal...I wanted to get this written down before I forgot. I roughed up 2 AK-47 seeds and 1 Blueberry seed in the sandpaper matchbox and dropped them in bowls of distilled water at 2pm on 8/17. Within 12 hours I got them all to sink with a slight tap. Within 24 hours later all three seeds had split and there were tiny tails on one AK and one BB. I'd like to get them all in peat at the same time so I'm waiting for the last split seed to grow a tail. They're in the dark at ambient air temps ~ 75°.

Quick update on Blueberry 1 drying. Burped the jars this afternoon and the smell was less green and more something else that I can't put my finger on yet (very helpful I know!). Ambient RH was 60% so I jarred them back up with the hygrometer to see how they are in the morning. If they're still around 60% I'll leave them unopened another 3 days, except for retrieving the hygrometer so I can put it back in the AK-47 jar!

Final weight: 49 grams = 1.72842 ounces. Not bad for a first grow!

20170819_174609.jpg

I gotta say bruh I respect ur hard work....i remember telling myself I was gonna record it all and take run off samples and ph levels...tjen I did it one day and was like this take entirely too much time so I fasho take my hat off to u bro ecspecially since it's your first grow

I gotta say bruh I respect ur hard work....i remember telling myself I was gonna record it all and take run off samples and ph levels...tjen I did it one day and was like this take entirely too much time so I fasho take my hat off to u bro ecspecially since it's your first grow

Thanks KD! I try to record what I do so I remember where I screwed up. Sometimes I can't even remember what nutes I put in by the time I get back into the house! Yours look amazing without recording a thing so stick with what is def working :cheer:

Sunday morning and the Sun finally came out.

The AK-47 bottom is on day 94 and Blue 2 is on day 93. Jeez this is ridiculous. I could have had some 6 foot tall photos by now, left them in the sun for 12 hours and then put them in the dark shed. If the rest of my auto seeds run this way I may order some photos for the spring and just run autos in the fall and winter.

Fed both of these late bloomers this morning. 3ml cal/mag+ and 1 tsp TigerBloom. AK was 440 PPM in and 409 PPM out. Blue 2 was 455 PPM in and 601 PPM out.

Just for a change of pace from the boring nothing's-happening-with-the-trichome pics, here's a shot of a drying bud from the AK-47 top. Not as dense as Blueberry 1 but at least it's starting to smell a bit now. Still burping it 3 times a day for now. RH hovering in the high 60's in the jar.

20170820_102630.jpg

Sunday morning and the Sun finally came out.

The AK-47 bottom is on day 94 and Blue 2 is on day 93. Jeez this is ridiculous. I could have had some 6 foot tall photos by now, left them in the sun for 12 hours and then put them in the dark shed. If the rest of my auto seeds run this way I may order some photos for the spring and just run autos in the fall and winter.

Fed both of these late bloomers this morning. 3ml cal/mag+ and 1 tsp TigerBloom. AK was 440 PPM in and 409 PPM out. Blue 2 was 455 PPM in and 601 PPM out.

Just for a change of pace from the boring nothing's-happening-with-the-trichome pics, here's a shot of a drying bud from the AK-47 top. Not as dense as Blueberry 1 but at least it's starting to smell a bit now. Still burping it 3 times a day for now. RH hovering in the high 60's in the jar.

20170820_102630.jpg
.. . . !!!

Greetings to all. Just a photo of AK-47 top taking in the morning air while it dries out before the cure. It's finally starting to smell like marijuana! The live plants STILL not showing enough amber to justify cutting them down, though at 96 (AK) and 95 (Blue 2) days it's getting kind of absurd. I might put them in darkness on Thursday night and leave them there until Saturday and cut them down regardless.

20170822_081358.jpg

One other thing...Please follow my second grow. I just planted Blueberry 3 in the soil today and two AK-47's are waiting to sprout. It will be LST³ so please join in the continuing fun!!!

Greetings to all. Just a photo of AK-47 top taking in the morning air while it dries out before the cure. It's finally starting to smell like marijuana! The live plants STILL not showing enough amber to justify cutting them down, though at 96 (AK) and 95 (Blue 2) days it's getting kind of absurd. I might put them in darkness on Thursday night and leave them there until Saturday and cut them down regardless.

20170822_081358.jpg

One other thing...Please follow my second grow. I just planted Blueberry 3 in the soil today and two AK-47's are waiting to sprout. It will be LST³ so please join in the continuing fun!!!

On my way bro!! Interesting for us to grows to be so close together with both blueberry auto from 420. Sweet!! See you there buddy. I'm a week ahead of ya!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom