First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

So I get home from the movies and I'm about to move the plants into the shed, and my path is blocked by this complete and picture-perfect spider web. Well I'm not about to undo what this spider has spent half his night creating, so I had to carry the pots through the house to the back door in order to get to the CFLs. Of course this was flush day so they've never been heavier! Oh the things we do for the beneficial insects in our lives...
20170812_222347cr.jpg

My only grow was the same. I watered/fed till 10-15% runoff. And didn't repeat for 5-6 days.

Good morning, researching how to build a grow closet, I ran across this somewhere. Said don't bother with foil as it only reflects 55% of light, & because of the crinkling, it can cause hot spots & could burn your plants. Just FYI. How do the buds smell bro? Anything good yet? Great day to all.

Good morning, researching how to build a grow closet, I ran across this somewhere. Said don't bother with foil as it only reflects 55% of light, & because of the crinkling, it can cause hot spots & could burn your plants. Just FYI. How do the buds smell bro? Anything good yet? Great day to all.

Not sure if you mean the tin foil hats or the reflector roll around the plants. I happen to have both on hand. I'll probably replace the foil hats in the future, but I have to use the roll because it needs to be constantly moved around.

Blueberry 1, still in the early curing phase, continues to smell green this morning. I aired them out to around 62% this morning and jarred them up for the day.

Live plant update to follow. Waiting for the pics to upload...

420-magazine-mobile1961669920.jpg

420-magazine-mobile594895531.jpg

420-magazine-mobile60543717.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine-mobile1080469748.jpg-mobile1526017409.jpg[/IMG]

I just wanted to shamelessly show off my first auto grow .. I have white widow, early miss and Blueberry.

Most of the trichs are clear, cloudy still, with very few amber. Wondering if they will gather much more weight while they turn amber? I'm hoping the buds get denser, but I like more of a head stone than a couch lock...it's just so hard to wait.
Dang!! That's what's up. Nice

Not sure if you mean the tin foil hats or the reflector roll around the plants. I happen to have both on hand. I'll probably replace the foil hats in the future, but I have to use the roll because it needs to be constantly moved around.

Blueberry 1, still in the early curing phase, continues to smell green this morning. I aired them out to around 62% this morning and jarred them up for the day.

Live plant update to follow. Waiting for the pics to upload...

So no hint of blueberry during grow? Damn I was looking forward to that big time.

Well, I hope Arachna the Spider Goddess smiles on my AK-47, because I took the top off this morning, on day 87! It was 24" before the cut and I took off exactly half. I washed it with H2O2 and the water, rather than looking oily like Blue 1, looked more like it was caterpillar poop.

Here are the stats:
Weight at cut: 143 grams
Weight after wash and fan dry: 162 grams (19 grams additional water)
Weight of trimmed fan leaves: 13 grams
Weight of trimmed trim: +/- 1 gram
Weight of trimmed plant: 138 grams, some of which is additional wash water
Here are the pics:

Before the top chop:
20170813_081409.jpg

After the top chop:
20170813_084201.jpg

The open wound:
20170813_083735.jpg

Washing:
20170813_083024.jpg

Caterpillar poop?
20170813_083406.jpg

After final trim:
20170813_093849.jpg

Hung and ready to dry. I took off a side branch because it was a bit close to the others and I wanted to avoid mold:
20170813_094423.jpg

So no hint of blueberry during grow? Damn I was looking forward to that big time.

Not during the grow, and still not during the dry. During the grow it is very smelly, but I'd call it skunky. My neighbors keep wondering why we have so many skunks around lately.

And keep in mind for your grow, mine ran 84 days. Of course, if you're doing yours in the tent YMMV. Make an 420 Blueberry journal!

Not during the grow, and still not during the dry. During the grow it is very smelly, but I'd call it skunky. My neighbors keep wondering why we have so many skunks around lately.

Dammit. Lol. Skunky no good for me indoors. May have to go outside. Thanks, & please keep posted if it improves to b berry flavor/smell

And keep in mind for your grow, mine ran 84 days. Of course, if you're doing yours in the tent YMMV. Make an 420 Blueberry journal!

Thanks for the info shed. If you have time & don't mind, stop by and check in and give me some pointers!!:thumb:
I actually forgot how to add a journal to my sig. Had to step back and smoke out before I could figure it out. I knew I remembered that before......huh??? What did I just say? Lol

Monday feh day ya'll. Just how I'm feeling, nothing to do with the grow.

Quick post this morning...

RH is kinda high in the AK-47 top drying box, sitting around 68% with a bowl of rice to try to suck up some moisture. I have the fan on it so at least there's air cycling through (check out the pics on page 30, post 448 if you missed it). The temps are in the low 70's in there so I don't have to deal with a heat issue this time. The bottom of the plant survived the night and is back outside. I'm curious to see how it responds to being topped at day 87.

I only have 1 hygrometer so I can't measure the RH in the jars of Blueberry 1 and the AK drying box, so I'm leaving the box without a meter today and I put it back in the jars to see where those are currently.

I feel like I've gone into the farming business all of a sudden. I've got buds curing in jars that need to be burped and rotated, branches hanging in a box with rice that needs to be oven-dried, cooled, and put back, and still two plants that I move into the sun every morning and under the lights every night, checking trichomes every morning now. I had no idea when I started this how much running around there was!

And Blueberry 2 on day 88 with its 13 tops! Some amber but it will be at least this weekend before I think of taking this down.

20170815_075543.jpg

20170815_081053.jpg

20170815_081142.jpg

20170815_081104.jpg

20170815_081151.jpg

Blueberry 1 getting burped twice a day, in the morning for a quick breath of fresh air and about 10 minutes in the evening. Still smells pretty green but I'm hoping that will change as the days go by. It's been 14 days since the chop.

Also, don't forget to vote for Plant of the Month here:
420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - August 2017
Check out mine as well as KnottyDread's!
Why thank you kind sirr.....i knw it's somewhere in your post but ur thread is so active I miss alot haha...how long did u hang dry u blueberry I believe it was that u did out here I'm having issues with this damn fridge and I'm gonna go old fashioned....wen u finished drying was there a hay smell

Back
Top Bottom