First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

BTW

That website you linked to in the other thread? Noticed one comment saying their plant is flower was getting stinky. So imagine it will not be low odor after all.

Didn't you say yours were young? The comments said it was getting frosty and stinky..if your plan isn't flowering yet...maybe that is why? Maybe it gets stinky resining. Guess time will tell.

Dude. This is your first grow?? Fantastic results. :bravo::thumb: I'm seriously going to go back & read your journal over. I just got my blueberry autos and gold leaf in mail today. Shipped last tues. so 8 days from 420 to me in Florida. Nice. Hope I can duplicate your results Later. !!

Sorry, missed this post. Congrats on getting the seeds so fast! Good luck and let me know where your journal is.

That AK is looking nice. Maybe it may be a candidate after all. I thought I had read some website saying it was low odor, but I've read so many lately...they seem to blur together. Maybe the comments were fake and getting frosty and stinky sounded good for sales...lol

--update---

check search and found a description...yours may be different, but seedfinder said "Extremely STRONG odor and smoke". I've heard of that before. someone said their NL stank and NL is touted low odor....oh well*

AK47 (by Serious Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Hmmm...live plant update first or drying first?

Blueberry 1 drying first:
The Boveda 62 only managed to get the RH of the 68% jar down to 66% after 11 hours. I don't consider that a success so I took it out and will use it when/if I can ever get the RH in the jar down to 62% so it can maintain that. May have to go back to the rice if it stays this damp in SoCal.

Put the jars to bed last night at 66% RH after a 1 hour burp, and this morning they were at 67%. Left them out for about 10 minutes while I weighed them and wrapped them up for the day at 68%.

Current total weight is 50 grams. Feels pretty dry, though it is still a bit over long-term storage RH.

Found a small bud from the lower branches last night so I thot I'd do a quick dry using the toaster/canoe and get the prelim smoke report from the wife.

20170810_190938.jpg

I prob over-dried it because it was pretty crumbly when I put it in the bowl. I was using the technique for quick-drying buds directly off the plant and not drying buds already mostly dried! Oh well. After two hits, here's the ash in the bowl:

20170810_201031.jpg

She said the smoke was a bit harsh but not that much harsher than what she has on the go in her other pipe. Kinda tight at the top of the chest on first inhale, then fine. Obviously this is uncured.

The two-hit smoke report was pretty funny as my wife had no idea how to describe her high, having never had to do it before. I read her some other reviews on here so she had some words to reference. Some of this was hers, some was just my observations. All of it was good!

- Heady, bouncy legs, euphoric, self aggrandizement, losing track of sentences and activities, observant.

The effects began to wain slightly at an hour but still stoned, and she went for more after 90 minutes because she likes overlap!

One more hit produced a high more peaceful and relaxed. Of course, she had been sitting on the couch watching TV for the past hour and a half so that may have something to do with it.

No couchlock, despite being on the couch. I wonder if the top cola (more amber) will produce the same effects. Well that's why they're in separate jars!

that 2nd BB is looking great. Your wifes smoke report is funny, don't worry that harshness will go away in a week or so. Mine was just starting to smoke without the greenness finally earlier this week.

My HK is taking forever to dry...I had the same thing after I jarred it. I have taken it out a few times on the tray for a day just to let it blow off some moisture. Probably not going to try it for another week or so.

I am on a work related tolerance break for 4 days till sunday night when I get back in town. I probably have not taken an evening off since April. Excited to do that. Never smoked that frequently and taken time off.

that 2nd BB is looking great. Your wifes smoke report is funny, don't worry that harshness will go away in a week or so. Mine was just starting to smoke without the greenness finally earlier this week.

My HK is taking forever to dry...I had the same thing after I jarred it. I have taken it out a few times on the tray for a day just to let it blow off some moisture. Probably not going to try it for another week or so.

I am on a work related tolerance break for 4 days till sunday night when I get back in town. I probably have not taken an evening off since April. Excited to do that. Never smoked that frequently and taken time off.

She must have liked it because last night she asked if I had any more she could try, y'know...for science! It's really only been curing (under 70% RH in the jar) for 3 or 4 days so I'm sure it will improve with time.

That's a nice little break after 4 months of nightly partaking! You might have a whole new experience with some of the same old dope. :)

Saturday, and the livin' is easy, but the skies are all cloudy and grey.

Just a quick for-the-record update this morning.

Blueberry 1: Came home last night and the jars were sitting at 62%, burped them for an hour and put them to bed at 64%. This morning they were at 65%. The ambient RH is 67% (remember the meter is +4) so I'm only burping for 10 minutes. Here they are having some fresh air:

20170812_094346.jpg

Sealed for the day at 67%.

Should I break up the main cola and some of the larger buds for the curing process?

AK-47 (day 86) and Blueberry 2 (day 85) both got flushed today. Hose water was at 100 PPM. AK-47 first runoff was 219 and flushed it down to 110 PPM. Blueberry 2 first runoff was at 585 and flushed it down to 149 PPM.

Blueberry 2 needs more time but I'm still convinced the top of AK is coming down tomorrow morning.

Should I put something on the stem where I cut it in order to seal it? White latex paint like I use for trees? Honey? Ketchup?

420-magazine-mobile1961669920.jpg

420-magazine-mobile594895531.jpg

420-magazine-mobile60543717.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine-mobile1080469748.jpg-mobile1526017409.jpg[/IMG]

I just wanted to shamelessly show off my first auto grow .. I have white widow, early miss and Blueberry.

Most of the trichs are clear, cloudy still, with very few amber. Wondering if they will gather much more weight while they turn amber? I'm hoping the buds get denser, but I like more of a head stone than a couch lock...it's just so hard to wait.

I just wanted to shamelessly show off my first auto grow .. I have white widow, early miss and Blueberry. Most of the trichs are clear, cloudy still, with very few amber. Wondering if they will gather much more weight while they turn amber? I'm hoping the buds get denser, but I like more of a head stone than a couch lock...it's just so hard to wait.

Hey Tash, what ever happened with the stem-splitting?? I see the pic but we need details of the experiment! This is the only way we learn from what other growers are doing.

Head stone usually is all cloudy and some amber, so less waiting involved. Denser buds will either come or they won't but don't sacrifice the type of high you want while you wait for more density. There are many theories on what creates dense buds, but most of it seems to be genetics and light, followed by RH and nutrients. If you're growing outdoors then you can't do much about the light or the humidity, so that leaves you with genetics and nutes to play with. Good info here:
How To Grow Dense Cannabis Buds | Grow Weed Easy

Also, density comes with a good dry/cure.

You should start a journal with your next grow. You obviously grow without fear!

Back
Top Bottom