First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Why thank you kind sirr.....i knw it's somewhere in your post but ur thread is so active I miss alot haha...how long did u hang dry u blueberry I believe it was that u did out here I'm having issues with this damn fridge and I'm gonna go old fashioned....wen u finished drying was there a hay smell

I hung Blue 1 in a box in a very hot casita for ~ three and a half days. I think it was 80-87º in there so not an ideal start. Then I went into jars and then added the rice balls to suck out some of the remaining moisture. Not sure if it was hay, more like mowed grass. Still smells a bit like that but the wife said it smokes pretty well. So even if it stays that way, it gets her high and that was the plan!

I thought the low/slow thread had some advice on your RH problem, no? Something about testing the RH at room temps in a jar? Might have been a reply to someone else as I don't read that thread all that carefully bc I'm going traditional for now.

I hung Blue 1 in a box in a very hot casita for ~ three and a half days. I think it was 80-87º in there so not an ideal start. Then I went into jars and then added the rice balls to suck out some of the remaining moisture. Not sure if it was hay, more like mowed grass. Still smells a bit like that but the wife said it smokes pretty well. So even if it stays that way, it gets her high and that was the plan!

I thought the low/slow thread had some advice on your RH problem, no? Something about testing the RH at room temps in a jar? Might have been a reply to someone else as I don't read that thread all that carefully bc I'm going traditional for now.
Got it...yeah I ordered some hydrometers to test. I took a few out and jarred them the small popcorn to see wat happens so I'll give it a few days. I still have that mowed grass smell that's only reason why I'm worried but then again I'm a newbie so maybe patients like they all say. Just hate that hay smell

Got it...yeah I ordered some hydrometers to test. I took a few out and jarred them the small popcorn to see wat happens so I'll give it a few days. I still have that mowed grass smell that's only reason why I'm worried but then again I'm a newbie so maybe patients like they all say. Just hate that hay smell

With a good hygrometer you should know within a few hours after they get to room temp what the RH is in the jar. Also, you might want to test it with some denser buds to get a more accurate reading. Not sure how much moisture there is in popcorn to begin with.

With a good hygrometer you should know within a few hours after they get to room temp what the RH is in the jar. Also, you might want to test it with some denser buds to get a more accurate reading. Not sure how much moisture there is in popcorn to begin with.
Yeah got a few off Amazon...then slipped and got the whole GH series haha

Dull and grey Wednesday today. Quick update for the record.

AK-47 top drying continues, day 4. Not low and slow but definitely slow! Box this morning was at 63% RH and the temp was 72°, so the temp is good but the RH is about 10% high. Not much I can do about that besides give the box to Scientific for a few days, but as long as there's no mold growing on it I should be okay. From what I read, drying should take 5-10 days and this top is nowhere near crunchy on the outside yet. I'm considering this box on target all things considered.

Blueberry 1 is in the jars for 13 days today, but the first few days were too wet, so I'm going with about 8 days of cure so far. I moved the hygrometer back in the jar this morning, and if it's around 62% when I get home I'll go to burping every third day instead of 2x a day.

Blue 2 and the bottom of the AK are drying out so I'll be watering them soon. Both will be getting low doses of TigerBloom as they got flushed on Saturday but still need more time to ripen. Starving them of nutrients at this point seems pointless.

Hope you're all having a good and pain-free week!

Sunny Thursday to all. Took two days off work because vacation time is now use-it-or-lose-it. Hate having to use it in December when the weather is feh.

Blueberry 1 is tucked away in jars for a three day rest since the RH was 62% when I got home last night. I got the meter out first so I could use it for the drying box of AK-47 top. One of these days I need to buy another hygrometer!

Here is the top of the AK-47, day 5 in the box. It's beginning to feel dryer, but it's happening way slower than the crazy Blue 1 box dry-fest! The small spot in the rice bowl is not broccoli, but a bud I took off by accident when I was trimming. It will serve as a tester this weekend, as I figure it should dry pretty quickly in the rice. I plan on burying it in there later today...that will give me something to do ;) Also need to pull the battery in the meter so I can reset the highs and lows. Those numbers from the cooler are distracting.

20170817_091704.jpg

Here's AK-47 bottom on day 91. Still not seeing enough amber to make me feel desperate to chop it down, though depending on how the test goes it may come down this weekend amber or no:

20170817_095310.jpg

Here's Blue 2 on day 90, looking kinda old and sad with all the yellowing leaves. Still not a lot of amber in those buds, but tomorrow I will compare trichome pics to Blue 1 before the chop for a direct comparison:

20170817_095158.jpg

20170817_095247.jpg

Both plants got fed this morning with 3ml cal/mag+ and 1tsp TigerBloom. AK was 476 PPM in and 439 PPM out. Blue 2 was 480 PPM in and 543 PPM out. Water alone was 100 PPM.

:thumb: Done Good luck bro!!

Thanks! Don't think I have a chance against that competition but it's appreciated! And check out the tops on that Blueberry with the LST. I just followed around the edge, and anything that grew toward the middle also got pulled down so it could have more than one top as well. Most of the ones on the bottom and the right (on the pic from above) were pulled off the main and then grew multiples. LST is lit!

When I take it down I'm going to cut the tops so I can take a pic of the actual LST before I harvest the branches.

Quick update for the record...weighed the drying AK-47 top. Came in at 28 grams total. Original weight was 138 (including some wash water but evs). So it's at 20% of its original weight. Might be jarring tonight.

20170817_165449.jpg
That's wassup man. Happy everything is going well for ya

Thanks KD! How's your low and slow going? I have to say having read a lot of that thread I still don't understand why drying dope at 40% RH is slower than drying it at 60% RH. It obviously has something to do with the cold, but I guess the relative part of relative humidity is something I don't get.

Still, I am going to give it a go with the Blueberry 2 given how many buds there will be to dry. Hopefully no one will notice a small sandwich bag in the back. Does your fridge smell?

Thanks KD! How's your low and slow going? I have to say having read a lot of that thread I still don't understand why drying dope at 40% RH is slower than drying it at 60% RH. It obviously has something to do with the cold, but I guess the relative part of relative humidity is something I don't get.

Still, I am going to give it a go with the Blueberry 2 given how many buds there will be to dry. Hopefully no one will notice a small sandwich bag in the back. Does your fridge smell?
Ya I don't get it either haha but hey why not try....my fridge has zero smell kinda werid....i think I'm gonna dry this one the old fashioned way and hang her after chop...i got my small RH readers so I'm resdy

Ya I don't get it either haha but hey why not try....my fridge has zero smell kinda werid....i think I'm gonna dry this one the old fashioned way and hang her after chop...i got my small RH readers so I'm resdy

Which RH meters did you get? This swapping back and forth is getting a bit old, and will get worse once I have three plants in various stages of drying and curing - in a box, in jars, in the fridge...!

Which RH meters did you get? This swapping back and forth is getting a bit old, and will get worse once I have three plants in various stages of drying and curing - in a box, in jars, in the fridge...!
Some small one off Amazon for like 7 bucks called digital thermometer shows temp and RH. I think I'm gonna chop the auto top now I'm pretty bored haha and I'm off today. Ya I knw what u mean bro i have 2 places one drying...one for growing it's a pain going back and forth between the 2 haha

Back
Top Bottom