First Grow Ever - Humboldt Dream 2024

Hey Raven, good to see someone else growing Humboldt Dream. It's one of my best plants so far here in Hawaii, cuz it's fairly bud rot and leaf mold resistant. HSC's HI-BISCUS is actually even better for bud rot resistance (amazingly good), and I'm doing a comparison grow of HI-BISCUS right now using a SIP I designed.

It's interesting, though, because it looks like you're growing a sativa pheno of Humboldt Dream, whereas mine is an indica pheno...
1727487341769.png

I've done a ton of research in my thread, "Quest for mold-resistant strains..." linked in my signature, as relates to specific strains/phenos that are bud rot resistant, and also as relates to terpenes.

:ciao:
It looks sativa dominant I agree 👍 the strain info where the seeds were bought says 70% indica 30% sativa but everything so far about this plant screams sativa. This just so happened to be my first strain haha I had two og kushs but they were male so I pulled them and replaced them with Humboldt dream.

Are you growing Humboldt dream this year? I'd love to see some photos of her for a comparison I have seen plenty of other Humboldt dreams and the version I have is just significantly higher yeild from what I have noticed the smaller versions of her end up becoming a blue color I was kinda hoping mine would turn to a blue or purple but I have yet to see any cold stress temperatures yet so I doubt I will next week it's supposed to be 100° here for a few days.... where is the fall weather at????

It looks sativa dominant I agree 👍 the strain info where the seeds were bought says 70% indica 30% sativa but everything so far about this plant screams sativa. This just so happened to be my first strain haha I had two og kushs but they were male so I pulled them and replaced them with Humboldt dream.
did the seeds come in HSC's packaging?

1727490959872.png

Are you growing Humboldt dream this year? I'd love to see some photos of her for a comparison I have seen plenty of other Humboldt dreams and the version I have is just significantly higher yeild from what I have noticed the smaller versions of her end up becoming a blue color I was kinda hoping mine would turn to a blue or purple but I have yet to see any cold stress temperatures yet so I doubt I will next week it's supposed to be 100° here for a few days.... where is the fall weather at????
The photo I posted above in flower is from this year.

Just prior to flowers appearing, this year:
1727491244564.png

Flowering in 2023
1727491342101.png

1727491446613.png

1727491467907.png

2023 in veg
1727491589207.png

The photo I posted above in flower is from this year.

Just prior to flowers appearing, this year:
1727491244564.png

Flowering in 2023
1727491342101.png

1727491446613.png

1727491467907.png

2023 in veg
1727491589207.png
She's looks just like my girls! They definitely share some phenotypes mine are just like 15 feet tall 😄

She's looks just like my girls! They definitely share some phenotypes mine are just like 15 feet tall 😄
Only other strain he tried to grow was og kush and the mother was a father lmao 🤣
Yours are sativa dominant... narrow leaflets. Mine are wider. My plants would have been a lot taller, but I needed to top them (more than once) to fit in the flower house.

Are the clones you are growing all from the same mother? It is quite possible that you just got a sativa dominant pheno of Humboldt Dream. Did your friend have any that look more like mine?

Yours are sativa dominant... narrow leaflets. Mine are wider. My plants would have been a lot taller, but I needed to top them (more than once) to fit in the flower house.

Are the clone you are growing all from the same mother? It is quite possible that you just got a sativa dominant pheno of Humboldt Dream. Did your friend have any that look more like mine?
No all his plants are monsters lol 😆 way bigger then mine... he has mothers so they had like an extra month and a taproot.

Lol just putting the recent pics back at the top

I would love to grow one of mine outdoors, outside of the greenhouse in the ground. Alas, I can't do that because plants here in Hawaii flower immediately year round as soon as they are sexually mature. I grow N-generation clones (clones of clones), so I can't plant them in the ground... they will start flowering in a week. I grow them in my veg house using night interruption lighting to prevent flowering. Then transfer to my flower house when ready. I tend to be lazy about that, and the plants get too big in veg, and then can be root bound by the time they reach the flower house. I am transitioning to SIP buckets instead of 10 gal nursery pots, so that will generally help my timing some. A 5 gal SIP bucket w/ 4.4 gal of soil in it can produce a 1 lb yield no problem. Well, we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom