First Grow - 400W HID

Here is the ph of the runoff water :/
Not sure what to do.

420-magazine-mobile2125397776.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes sir. That is definitely pH fluctuation. Hey Grant are you going to leave plants in those pots? I recommend a larger more uniform shape pot. One size all the way down. More than likely you're going to have a phosphorus deficiency later on.

Hello Grant. I know nothing about runoff, so you'll have to take the advice of those gathered or wait for someone else to follow me throughout the door. I stopped to encourage you to put a link to your journal in your signature line. That way, no matter where you go and post on site members will be able to more easily find your journal. Here's a link to those directions.

How to Add Links to Signatures

Best of luck on your grow. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Yes sir. That is definitely pH fluctuation. Hey Grant are you going to leave plants in those pots? I recommend a larger more uniform shape pot. One size all the way down. More than likely you're going to have a phosphorus deficiency later on.

I planned on it but if you recommend that I switch them then I probably should. Any websites with cheap pots or at least ones shaped the way you mean? Thanks for letting me know

I planned on it but if you recommend that I switch them then I probably should. Any websites with cheap pots or at least ones shaped the way you mean? Thanks for letting me know

You'll probably be better off going to local grow store or Nursery. You can also use the bags soil came in for pots. In desperate times I've used a pillow sheet. Worked Great!

Would those fabric "smart pots" work there's a hydroponic store nearby that I've seen those at

Those do work good. Kind of hard to water once the soil Settles. You have to water slowly. Fabric pots prune the hell out of roots. I recommend getting twice the size of fabric pot then you would a plastic pot. Like if you wanted to use a 3 gallon plastic pots, transfer into a 6 gallon fabric pot for example.

Hey Grant! Welcome to :420:!

Your grow looks good. I agree with the person that said to hold off on defoliating and plants need darkness. Do you have a temp/humidity gauge? Your issue with the leaves seems pretty minor so I don't think you need a remedy just yet but could be wrong, I'm pretty new myself. Also more info the better, I.e what is the nute schedule, are you still on 24/7 or did you go to 18/6? What are the temps, do you circulate in some fresh air etc....

I'm new to Doc Buds High Brix Blend, aka the kit but look forward to some amazing results as can be seen in many members journals, I'd encourage you to check a few out, Duggan, Shiggity flip, Masonman, noob 4X4, doc bud himself and a bunch of others. Just look for "doc bud" or DBHBB.

Also, I got root pouch fabric pots and like them a lot! I have the iPower 600w dimable.

Keep up the good work!

:theband:

:passitleft:

Hey Grant! Welcome to :420:!

Your grow looks good. I agree with the person that said to hold off on defoliating and plants need darkness. Do you have a temp/humidity gauge? Your issue with the leaves seems pretty minor so I don't think you need a remedy just yet but could be wrong, I'm pretty new myself. Also more info the better, I.e what is the nute schedule, are you still on 24/7 or did you go to 18/6? What are the temps, do you circulate in some fresh air etc....

I'm new to Doc Buds High Brix Blend, aka the kit but look forward to some amazing results as can be seen in many members journals, I'd encourage you to check a few out, Duggan, Shiggity flip, Masonman, noob 4X4, doc bud himself and a bunch of others. Just look for "doc bud" or DBHBB.

Also, I got root pouch fabric pots and like them a lot! I have the iPower 600w dimable.

Keep up the good work!

:theband:

:passitleft:

I do have a temp and humidity gauge the temp is usually around 75 and humidity around 45 but for the past few days it's gotten really hot where I live and it's been getting to 91 at the highest. Right now they have still been on 24/7 light I'm still deciding weather or not to make the shift because I've seen people on threads say 24/7 makes them grow faster but then some people say it's the same or that the dark period is better. Anyone have the answer to this? Also I have 3 20" box fans running 24/7 as well I have one hanging blowing on the light, one acting as an intake and one in the window pulling fresh air in constantly. I leave the door open slightly on the opposite side of the close because the two fans inside create enough airflow that I can feel it blowing out on the other side but I plan to get another fan for an outtake. Most recently I have given them just regular water for the past few waterings(I water around every 3-5 days) but I'm waiting for the next time I water to give them nutes and I'll give the amounts of all of that stuff then.

Thank you for all the good info, also do you run your 600w 24/7? when I go to feel the side of the ballast (the part connected to the wall) it's really hot I just want to make sure it isn't overheating or anything like that

I have not felt the ballast in a while but will next time I'm out there. Last I checked it wasn't even warm. It's currently on 12/12 as its in bloom. I have another tent for my veg plants which is on 18/6. I'm pretty sure you want to do the same. Plants need dark. You may consider having the dark period during the hottest part of the day. In veg, you want your soil to dry out completely, wait u til your plants start drooping before you water, the roots seek out moisture and if there's always moisture they don't need to go far so drying them out promotes healthy roots which is more important then what's above the soil, when you flip to 12/12 is when growth above the soil is more important and having a good root structure will help this. These are things I learned right here. I've asked and continue to ask a lot of questions, there are lots of helpful people here!

Back
Top Bottom