FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

Quick update:

It looks like K's stretch (started around Feb 7, or about a week after first pistils) is slowing down just in time. The highest colas are now within 16" of the Mini.

Now J's stretch is in earnest. She is still making pistils, but the meristems look like total veg. And there was an unexpected (to me at least) effect from topping the main meristem above the 7th node, right before stretch started. Many of the other stems have self-split, as if they had been topped also.

CE0CE1D4-503E-4813-AD39-91C7FDB0D875.jpeg

And I cleared out some of the undergrowth so I could get in there to water.

9967A561-24F6-4F9C-86DE-DE7BB05A15B8.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by! :high-five:

Looking good, you done great job on trimming. I've been trimming or lollipopping on some of mine today also. It makes it so much easier to water doesn't it lol. I like the way they look also. I've never lollipop my plants before but I will de be doing it from now on lol. I want to see how big the top buds get with all the energy going to them...️

Looking good, you done great job on trimming. I've been trimming or lollipopping on some of mine today also. It makes it so much easier to water doesn't it lol. I like the way they look also. I've never lollipop my plants before but I will de be doing it from now on lol. I want to see how big the top buds get with all the energy going to them.

Yeah it's so tight in there that the bottoms aren't seeing any light anyway!

Thanks guys! :thanks:

Hey Ghost, I guess what I did to J is considered bottom-up lollipopping. Now that K’s big stretch seems to be over, would this be a good time to consider a more significant top-down lollipop? She is really dense, and no amount of leaf tucking is going to prevent her from shading that side of J. Where do you usually start - 4th or 5th node from the top?

Shed, I tried your Extreme Leaf Tucking®️ in a few places, but because of the internodal spacing and general density, it just seemed to affect other bud sites lower on that same stem, or elsewhere in the canopy. Hence the interest in top-down lollipopping.

I generally give a defo at the start of flowering and then at about three weeks into flower. After that I will just take a few here and there when I see a bud site blocked lol. I done some more lollipopping on a couple Super Silver Haze today. I never lollilolled before now so I'm learning as I go also lol. I do like the way they look and it helps with watering big-time, let's just hope it helps a little on bud size and yield lol. ..️

I figured they would be a little droopy after I lollipopped but they didn't pay it a bit of mind. They was just as perky as can be the next morning. If I didn't have all kinds of plants going already I could have took lots of clones lol...️

Agree an up pot could do wonders! You should see the plant I have in a 1 gallon. I guarantee her root mass has consumed the entire pot . so maybe I'm not the best person to weigh in....

I do love the lollipop job you did! Spot on .

Hey guys, I need confirmation on some upper leaf damage I’m seeing on the Kryptonite. I think it’s looking like Ca def, which is a bit of surprise, since I put in lots of dolomite lime and powdered roasted egg shell. But she did jump up quickly during stretch, and maybe wasn’t ready to be that close to the light. IDK, growing with a powerful LED is new to me. Anyway, please take a look and let me know what you think.

5D331C40-645C-40C0-A353-D7F28C7481B1.jpeg

2CAA158D-919F-4161-8631-258E105660F6.jpeg

And on the Jack Herer, it looks like one of the 2nd node stems has decided to take over as the main. I really hope she is just in the stretch, and not going back into veg! I would love to keep training her into a monster, but she needs her own tent.

8F157EED-E8A9-4091-8870-94D807E7405E.jpeg

AB667E01-E846-4656-83CD-9A5C18B5591D.jpeg

221AD17C-1B42-41E9-A987-F4195393553C.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by! :thanks:

dude you seriously need to up pot her ??? she would explode if ye give her more space, remember its the roots that determine your yield ... not the foliage
I flipped her at 18 days from seed and I have so many plants flowering right now lol I'm just more or less seeing what I can get out of that small pot lol.I've see people pull 4oz out of one gallon pot with coco. One of my Early Miss are in a 2 gallon pot and she's going to yield big also...️

Agree an up pot could do wonders! You should see the plant I have in a 1 gallon. I guarantee her root mass has consumed the entire pot . so maybe I'm not the best person to weigh in....

I do love the lollipop job you did! Spot on .
As I was saying before, I have to many plants flowering right now and I just figured I would run a little experiment with small pot. I fed her twice today for the first time and once she gets more root bound I will probably have to feed 3-4 times daily but I don't mind, I have alot of fun playing around with different methods...️

Here's one I have in a bigger pot (3- gallon). She just started throwing pistils and will be starting stretch anytime. She's already over two and a half ft wide, I can't imagine what she will look like after stretch lol. She is only 38-40 days from seed...️
c3c8a0f03557bc4c2f5c787f71ece14f.jpg
03841060c725777fd8e189e8d1f3b381.jpg

She's a beautiful beast Tom! :thumb:

On the smaller than usual pots, if you have the time it takes to water/feed them, why not play around? It's a fascinating plant! :morenutes::allgood::geek::passitleft:
Thanks Felipe, I love playing around with different methods and trying all kinds of crazy stuff lol. It's alot of fun growing these plants, I believe I like growing bud just as good or better than smoking it lol...️

While I await assistance (post #273 above), check out this self-split on J’s 2nd node stem that has assumed apical dominance.
[Darn hard to get a good photo of that]

3769B067-8E00-416B-8F6F-F173D41E820C.jpeg

Assuming that I am seeing some minor Ca def, I intend to raise the pH of the water she gets (she hasn’t received any nutes except ProteKt) so that she can access all the calcium already in the soil. I think a few waterings at about 6.8 should turn things around.

Back
Top Bottom