Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

Today was watering day. Here she is at day 35 of bloom, getting more beautiful by the day! We can see a bit of a potassium deficiency in the leaf tips. I think next watering I need to feed her, even if it is a day or two early. No one is going to be able to convince me that there ever was a need to feed this Auto plant lightly, especially not now.

DSCF1410.JPG
DSCF1409.JPG
DSCF1408.JPG
DSCF1407.JPG
DSCF1411.JPG

Greetings friends!
Yes, I know... I am the one that said she would never grow an Auto. I am also a girl and I can be tempted by shiny objects and yummy sounding things. One of you recently grew this one and I had to get me some after seeing it perform, and I just drool imagining what it must taste like.

:drool:

I give you the variety that finally brought me to my knees, Banana Sherbet Double XL, Auto. I hope I can be forgiven, but it just sounds so very tasty, I couldn't help myself!

1653072059587.png

I just put the seed into water... cross your fingers and wish me luck! I have no idea what I am doing!
DSCF0753.JPG
Really looking forward to see how it goes i know it'll probably be amazing! I've kinda bin sticking to auto's some of the best smoke to me

Greetings friends!
Yes, I know... I am the one that said she would never grow an Auto. I am also a girl and I can be tempted by shiny objects and yummy sounding things. One of you recently grew this one and I had to get me some after seeing it perform, and I just drool imagining what it must taste like.

:drool:

I give you the variety that finally brought me to my knees, Banana Sherbet Double XL, Auto. I hope I can be forgiven, but it just sounds so very tasty, I couldn't help myself!

1653072059587.png

I just put the seed into water... cross your fingers and wish me luck! I have no idea what I am doing!
DSCF0753.JPG
Oh and ethos seeds probably the best ever just saying

Today was watering day. Here she is at day 35 of bloom, getting more beautiful by the day! We can see a bit of a potassium deficiency in the leaf tips. I think next watering I need to feed her, even if it is a day or two early. No one is going to be able to convince me that there ever was a need to feed this Auto plant lightly, especially not now.

DSCF1410.JPG
DSCF1409.JPG
DSCF1408.JPG
DSCF1407.JPG
DSCF1411.JPG
Looking good! I have also found that autos are pretty greedy feeders!

DSCF1410.JPG
DSCF1409.JPG
DSCF1408.JPG
DSCF1407.JPG
DSCF1411.JPG
Great job Em how many days from sprouting?

DSCF1420.JPG

As of today we can see that this Auto has exceeded her own capabilities as it is clear that she can no longer hold up all of her heavy buds all by herself. This is what greeted me this morning. We are only in week 5 of bloom, day 37.

DSCF1418.JPG

Today was feeding and watering day so she got another shot of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM, and that probably will be her last feeding before harvest. We will see what she looks like in 2 more weeks.

To shore up the leaning branch I started the construction of one of my plastic build it as you go tomato cages. One horizontal support was all that was needed for now, and we can always add another leg and more supports if necessary, and I am thinking that by week 8 all of these branches are going to be dragging. Two levels of cage are just perfect in here under the @NextLight 420h, with several inches to spare.

DSCF1422.JPG

You can see that this one horizontal brace has solved the problem for now, without needing to bunch anything up in the middle.

DSCF1421.JPG

Here is a close up bud shot of this heavy leaning branch, and looking at the trichome development already you can see why these buds are getting so heavy.

DSCF1419.JPG

DSCF1420.JPG

As of today we can see that this Auto has exceeded her own capabilities as it is clear that she can no longer hold up all of her heavy buds all by herself. This is what greeted me this morning. We are only in week 5 of bloom, day 37.

DSCF1418.JPG

Today was feeding and watering day so she got another shot of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM, and that probably will be her last feeding before harvest. We will see what she looks like in 2 more weeks.

To shore up the leaning branch I started the construction of one of my plastic build it as you go tomato cages. One horizontal support was all that was needed for now, and we can always add another leg and more supports if necessary, and I am thinking that by week 8 all of these branches are going to be dragging. Two levels of cage are just perfect in here under the @NextLight 420h, with several inches to spare.

DSCF1422.JPG

You can see that this one horizontal brace has solved the problem for now, without needing to bunch anything up in the middle.

DSCF1421.JPG

Here is a close up bud shot of this heavy leaning branch, and looking at the trichome development already you can see why these buds are getting so heavy.

So very hairy :cheer:, this plant has become an absolute Muse to me. Thank you for this amazing thread. Its going to serve as a reference manual for m when I grow next, indoor. Superb.

This amazing plant really hit a growth spurt after being fed and watered. I am starting to be amazed how much this plant is producing. These buds are hard and tight too,,, they really love the @NextLight 420h and the @GeoFlora Nutrients !

DSCF1429.JPG

DSCF1431.JPG

DSCF1432.JPG

DSCF1433.JPG
Yep. This strain is even more out of control than the Watermelon WeddingCake. Way more stretch. From the looks of your buds and the insane size of my scrog buds, we both may set auto records for our yields here. You have a leg up on that one, lol. Pretty sure this will be your auto record.:laugh: That yield is impressive you have there and they aren’t even in final fattening mode yet. Nice job.

Btw - the first week lag thing? It’s not just soil, and it’s not just the XXL genetic. More of them do it than not, although not all. To test this I popped a regular auto, a White Widow, in a Solo of coco. It has behaved exactly the same. Pop > lag time > explode. The Forbidden Runtz and Watermelon WeddingCake also both acted this way, although they’re going nuts now. It’s an odd thing. I like to think of it as them prepping themselves for the explosion in that lag time. Storing energy.

@Emilya - I have a question for you. When your plant was just into budding and you had cotton balls spread out on stems, did you think at the time that there was little chance they’d join together and make the colas you now have? Mine look just like yours did at first, almost exactly (albeit in scrog form). And I’m looking at them and saying wow, if they all join together these colas will be huge. So are you surprised they filled in as they have? I am for you - I thought we’d both end up with bud space bud space etc.

@Emilya - I have a question for you. When your plant was just into budding and you had cotton balls spread out on stems, did you think at the time that there was little chance they’d join together and make the colas you now have? Mine look just like yours did at first, almost exactly (albeit in scrog form). And I’m looking at them and saying wow, if they all join together these colas will be huge. So are you surprised they filled in as they have? I am for you - I thought we’d both end up with bud space bud space etc.
No, I'm not too surprised. Somewhere during the stretch I made a comment about this, mentioning that the purpose of the stretch was making the room for the buds she wanted to put on. With weak lights and distance I could have caused her to stretch beyond that, but with intense light down close to the plants, I discourage stretch. I believe that given those conditions, stretch will sync up with what the plant actually needs, and stretch will happen only to the point that is needed for the buds that are coming in to fill up that space. Finding this balance seems to be mostly a function of the light. If this plant had been sitting in a room with a bunch of tall plants, and was not allowed to get this close to the light, I believe she would have stretched more, and the bud density along the branches would be a lot more spread out.

Back
Top Bottom