Cool.. well, I've been a champion in my own right and so I can definitely relate. I love the sports analogies, as you know. Going from learning how to ride a motorcycle to racing at an expert level in 5 short years, I have that same drive you do.
I think this is one of the reasons why we have always gotten along so well RM
I haven't followed your caterpillar experiment or hobby yet so I'm curious as to why raise these? That sounds like a disaster with your plants, but obviously I don't know what you're doing.
Lmao they are nowhere near the plants. Caterpillars have a little table and soon to be 2 butterfly tents set up instead of the singular one I have now (aquired too many caterpillars!) It's super easy!

For Swallowtail:

16585219918466919539449542553472.jpg

16585220200431074194133908984042.jpg

16585221077164509409239883788616.jpg

16585224354297090889125322795967.jpg
20220708_121342.jpg

20220706_111437.jpg

Buy curley parsley and leave it out on a relatively high area, i.e. a table, by a garden or flowers is generally best.
Check the parsley for eggs every day. They are small and yellow and almost glisten like a pearl but you have to search. Many times they are on the bottom side of the leaves. And when there is one, there's usually more! They don't come down and just drop one egg. I say 2-3 per bunch average. Then clip the parsley the eggs are on and stick it in a filled water bottle or similar container. Set aside from the main, say on your patio table or bench. Beware of predators on the curley parsley when there are eggs; things like spiders and wasps love to eat them! I have learned to put them in the butterfly tent and keep them there until they are ready to form their chrysalis because even ants can eat them up. And as they get bigger and closer to metamorphosis time, they are bright green and fat and birds see them like a piece of chocolate cake. This has also happened to me...hence my adamant use of netting now. They will morph/shed like 4 times before becoming the bright green color that is the last caterpillar stage. They will slow down eating and eventually stop and just start slinking around. Their slinking is much like a dog trying to find the best place to lay down except their nap is 10-14 days and they make a cocoon. At this time. You will add in a rock weighted plastic bowl and stick a piece of styrofoam in it. Find some smooth sticks and dig them into the styrofoam till they look like trees in the winter. The caterpillars will move off the parsely cup and onto the tree you built or walls of the butterfly tent. Within 1 day there will be a silk string attaching the top. By the second day, a second string that attaches the bottom. Then by day 3/4 the chrysalis will begin forming. In 10-14 days they will just pop out of there. Their wings are wet so they will just kind of flop around for a while and get their bearings. In an hour to an hour and a half they are ready to fly. You can go in and let them come on your hand. Take them out and they will just fly away. If they don't and they fly onto the grass, just scoop em up and give them a little more time to dry out is all.
I'm actually looking to pick up a new hobby. I just found a guy online that picks locks and thought that would be a fun hobby and maybe a good skill to have to supplement my medicine growing. You really don't know when and where these might come in handy in the future.
I feel like I don't think we should be talking about your future lock picking endeavors on here, maybe text me instead :rofl:
"A lot of people"? You must be getting flak somewhere other than here because I think most of the comments in this thread have been positive, or at least respectful.
Kind of, in a way. Nothing terrible of course and yes for the most part, absolutely respectful and I appreciate the candor also.
Plus, if you have confidence in the technique, who cares what others think, whether educated on the topic or not?
Oh I don't I just don't value a close mind, I think it hurts my soul more than anything. My head knows that this is something out of my control and that I believe in it and that's ultimately what matters. It's just like a gut punch feeling, if you know what I mean...
I kind of lump this technique in with bud washing. Many who have tried it will never not do it again. Some have tried it and won't continue, and some will just add their uninformed two cents and may criticize along the way.
Hell, I lump in it with a whole shit ton of techniques from that to dark periods to everything else out there. Every single technique is criticized in some way from potting to watering to light schedules, etc.
Whatever, that's true of any technique, much less one as new to the scene as this one.
True
Many of us have had different levels of success using it but it's not your job to convince us of it's benefits. You've done a great job spreading the word and many of us that have tried it will add it to our process. But not all. Doesn't mean you've failed in your efforts.
That was the goal, still is the goal, spreading the word. I didn't expect it to take off as much as it did and so fast either. I am blessed to be a part of this and excited as many of us are for what is to come and all the actions many have taken to help us better understand this process
I think you're being too hard on yourself.
Always have been. Always will be I fear sometimes
Celebrate the successes and let the other less positve comments roll off your back. Life's too short to dwell on the negative.
Definitely have went passed dwelling. My perception of negative energies and the way they affect me has changed dramatically over the last 10 years or so.
Easy for us to say as we often aren't the ones the comments get directed to, but we will continue to share our attempts, good and bad, and see if we all can learn something along the way. There's been lots of experimentation already in this thread from different mediums, to timelines, to rescue drinks and not.
This is what reaffirms everything and I am so thankful again, to all of you. It's because of all of you that the words of this thread continue to spread!
Kind of an interesting process if you ask me.

So, keep your head up and just accept unconventional ideas bring a wide range of feedback as part of disseminating the ideas.

:Namaste:
Thank you Azi and much love to you my friend.
Poor plant
Aaah she ain't doing too bad...bottom leaves were wilted this morning though. She may have met her droughting extent by the time lights go back on tonight.

Notes: At Start of Day 5
-Most upper leaves were still relatively turgid but I know from past experience, once those bottom leaves start dropping quickly, it isn't long before others do the same.
-She showed no signs of yellowing but did have her first Cal-Mag spot (visible on pic #1)
-Because of her foxtailed buds, she may be pulled tonight for harvest based off of her trichomes whether or not she can continue to drought

As always, thank you to everyone and I appreciate your support and efforts very much!

20220721_090738.jpg

20220721_090718.jpg

20220721_090654.jpg

Forgot I had clipped off her farthest bottom branch yesterday morning and trimmed it and set it out to dry. I just stumbled across it farming around the grow room lol

Here's the link to Eva's at that point, 4 day droughted most bottom, teeny branch. I should have probably cut it off when doing her undercarriage trim weeks ago, but I kept it.

Post in thread 'Bigger Than Big, Better Than Best: A Weed Seeds Express Big Jack Widow Auto Grow Under the Maxsisun MG3000 Using Prescription Blend' Bigger Than Big, Better Than Best: A Weed Seeds Express Big Jack Widow Auto Grow Under the Maxsisun MG3000 Using Prescription Blend

OK I'm back so let's do this. I've got curing Big Jack Widow buds for you to show in a few days.

Until then, today marks Day 1 of Chi-Chi's drought. Her last feed was yesterday.

She is 76 days above ground. I neglected to get bud shots last night but we will start with plant shots and trichome shots.

I'll be posting to 420 and then onto here to stop me from double and triple uploading.

Chi-Chi, a @Weed Seeds Express Gelato autoflower grown under the @Mars Hydro FC4800 and with their 6 inch temp/humidity controlled inline as well as with @Prescription Blend nutrients.

I think you are scientific. You used the word “bulbous” 👩‍🔬
Lmao :laughtwo: I could use big words, I choose not to, makes it seem too hard of a concept
You do a great job ! A lot of us have stayed with you from the get go :ganjamon: You rock girl
Awwww thank you doll, I know you have and I appreciate you 110%! I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I'm here to do what we do, spread the love and hopefully make some friends along the way-which I absolutely have...

:love: happy to be here with you and the gang Burk

Lmao :laughtwo: I could use big words, I choose not to, makes it seem too hard of a concept

Awwww thank you doll, I know you have and I appreciate you 110%! I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I'm here to do what we do, spread the love and hopefully make some friends along the way-which I absolutely have...

:love: happy to be here with you and the gang Burk
Hey Krissi I don’t know if yer interested or not but there’s a site that sells seeds of the prairie for attracting butterflies,bees and hummingbirds. They are relatively inexpensive and I think some have free shipping.

Hey Krissi I don’t know if yer interested or not but there’s a site that sells seeds of the prairie for attracting butterflies,bees and hummingbirds. They are relatively inexpensive and I think some have free shipping.
Yes, please! Will you PM me?

Stellar plant with bulbous flowers! Well done Krissi. :)
Bulbous. Oh yes and Shed, I just thought as a CA native, you would have known Fast Times at Ridgemont High!!!!

I’m not sure if I did it right, did you receive the message?
I did but I couldn't reply to it! Thank you so much! I'll look them up for sure!

It wasn't the kind of movie I was seeing in my 20s, and anyway I'm a NY native! :cheesygrinsmiley:
You mentioned that before I thought you were kidding that you were from NY!!! :laughtwo:
Your welcome, I wish everyone would plant them, that’s the only food for Monarchs and several other beneficial insects.
Especially now. And they are just such remarkable creatures. No one really notices just how much

Born and raised and stayed until I was 30!
Small world, huh. I also began my journey there. Moved to NJ when I was 8. Aaah something else to smoke to :passitleft:

Even though I am omitting trichome pics tonight, I've inundated you all with a plethora of:

Chi-Chi Gelato Auto Day 77
Drought Day 2-Plant/Leaf Shots
@Weed Seeds Express @Mars Hydro @Prescription Blend Gelato Autoflower

Happiest droughting for her early in the game for her but her pot is getting dry quick. She was already a sugary lovely so excited to see how she proceeds with this technique!

Salute! Be back tomorrow with updates!

Even though I am omitting trichome pics tonight, I've inundated you all with a plethora of:

Drought Day 2-Plant/Leaf Shots
@Weed Seeds Express @Mars Hydro @Prescription Blend Gelato Autoflower

Happiest droughting for her early in the game for her but her pot is getting dry quick. She was already a sugary lovely so excited to see how she proceeds with this technique!

Salute! Be back tomorrow with updates!
Wow they’re beautiful, sure would like to get a whiff of there aroma.

Wow they’re beautiful, sure would like to get a whiff of there aroma.
Hi Cap. Come on over lol

Her parents definitely shine through in her aromas. I even had one hermie last year and I smoked on that for months and seeded, it was great so I'm super excited for this seedless glory. Thanks a bunch brother

They say better late than never!

Drought Day 3-TRICHOME SHOTS
@Weed Seeds Express @Mars Hydro @Prescription Blend Gelato

Back
Top Bottom