Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds

Very interesting discussion on CBD. Like Azi, I was always under the impression that THC targets pain and CBD targets inflammation. And, that is what works for me.

Personally, I find CBD helpful more with mental health issues. For example, I take CBD to treat depression. Prior to taking CBD for depression, I took Vitamin D oil and used a therapy lamp. Since, starting CBD, I no longer use the Vitamin D for depression or the therapy lamp as the CBD seems to be doing all the work.

Additionally, Felonious' (my husband) mum has Alzheimer's so he's taking CBD in hopes that, in the long term, it will prevent him from getting Alzheimer's and in the short term, will improve his day-to-day memory. I believe it's helping him.

I've touted the book we have on CBD multiple times here on 420 as it really lays out the best way to treat multiple conditions right down to providing all the possible doses based on a person's weight, condition and whether to start at a micro, standard or macro dose. If you want the book info, let me know and I will post it again.

Personally, I think of CBD like a multivitamin. It's just good for you.
Yes, please to the book.

THC seems to work for pain based on nervous system issues. CBD can help with pain if it's related to inflammation which then pushes on nerves.

The studies I've read on Alzheimer's all were THC based. That's what originally got me into all of this. My father and his family all died from that disease.

So, based on my research, I started growing to try to offset it for me, much like your husband.

I don't smoke or heat it, but rather chop the raw flower up and stick it in olive oil which I then put on my lunch five times a week. So, for me it's THC-A.

I'm also surprised at your use of CBD for depression. The reading I've done all suggested THC based medicine. Interesting.

As to your CBD as a multivitamin, Dr William Courtney has done quite a bit of research in this area and he says essentially the same thing. He uses the term "Dietary Essential" or something similar.

He claims to have cured his patient (now wife) from an unbelievable set of conditions by daily juicing the leaves of fresh plants.

He studied Cannatonic quite a bit.
Oh yes, cbd Cream and Cheese at 22/18 last I looked.
I would still question why one wouldn't want to just mix two strains to get an ideal ratio.

After all, few of us are only growing one plant at a time.

Yes, please to the book.

CBD: A Patient's Guide to Medicinal Cannabis by Leonard Leinow and Juliana Birnbaum.

I'm also surprised at your use of CBD for depression. The reading I've done all suggested THC based medicine. Interesting.

I also get high on high THC cannabis multiple times a week so maybe that's helping as well.

I would still question why one wouldn't want to just mix two strains to get an ideal ratio.

After all, few of us are only growing one plant at a time.

I suspect people just think finding a strain that suits all their needs is easier than figuring out how to blend the 2.

Very interesting discussion on CBD. Like Azi, I was always under the impression that THC targets pain and CBD targets inflammation. And, that is what works for me.

Personally, I find CBD helpful more with mental health issues. For example, I take CBD to treat depression. Prior to taking CBD for depression, I took Vitamin D oil and used a therapy lamp. Since, starting CBD, I no longer use the Vitamin D for depression or the therapy lamp as the CBD seems to be doing all the work.

Additionally, Felonious' (my husband) mum has Alzheimer's so he's taking CBD in hopes that, in the long term, it will prevent him from getting Alzheimer's and in the short term, will improve his day-to-day memory. I believe it's helping him.

I've touted the book we have on CBD multiple times here on 420 as it really lays out the best way to treat multiple conditions right down to providing all the possible doses based on a person's weight, condition and whether to start at a micro, standard or macro dose. If you want the book info, let me know and I will post it again.

Personally, I think of CBD like a multivitamin. It's just good for you.
I'd like the name of the cbd book please. I have a very basic understanding.

I don't smoke or heat it, but rather chop the raw flower up and stick it in olive oil which I then put on my lunch five times a week. So, for me it's THC-A.
This is very interesting and progressive to me! There are so many ways to ingest this medicine!
Understandable, it's in the world is all. When that plant came to my view the ratio was no less than a miracle. The 1:1 was getting noted as being the way to go too. That wasn't too long ago, and look at how behind I got by not staying on top of the wave of knowledge.
CBD: A Patient's Guide to Medicinal Cannabis by Leonard Leinow and Juliana Birnbaum.
Found it pre owned for under 8.00!! I love a good deal! Thank You!

Such an interesting discussion. Look at the range of information that has been presented here in a very short time. Goes to show that what we are talking about is among the most idiosyncratic elements there is to the plant. It seems as much consensus as there is on some stuff, you turn around and everyone is different. I can't do edibles, for example, of any type except gummies. Every other edible I ever tried puts me right to sleep. But gummies ram me up. Doesn't seem to matter what the strain is either. I find that excessively odd. But there's so much we don't know....who can say that the gelatin in a gummy does or doesn't affect how it affects you? Or whatever, just saying. These kinds of discussions are where I tend to learn the most on the site. Awesome stuff everyone. At the same time, I just posted in my journal that I just, somehow for the first time ever, did an entire bonghit of red hairs off a Dos Si Dos plant. The relaxation I felt in my back was instantaneous and way more pronounced than any time I ever smoke flower itself. It was very odd and that bonghit got me excessively high. Now I'm wondering if the Thc/cbd ration in any bud is different in different parts of the bud. Like kief, vs red hairs, vs the flower, for example. Hmm....

Such an interesting discussion. Look at the range of information that has been presented here in a very short time. Goes to show that what we are talking about is among the most idiosyncratic elements there is to the plant. It seems as much consensus as there is on some stuff, you turn around and everyone is different. I can't do edibles, for example, of any type except gummies. Every other edible I ever tried puts me right to sleep. But gummies ram me up. Doesn't seem to matter what the strain is either. I find that excessively odd. But there's so much we don't know....who can say that the gelatin in a gummy does or doesn't affect how it affects you? Or whatever, just saying. These kinds of discussions are where I tend to learn the most on the site. Awesome stuff everyone. At the same time, I just posted in my journal that I just, somehow for the first time ever, did an entire bonghit of red hairs off a Dos Si Dos plant. The relaxation I felt in my back was instantaneous and way more pronounced than any time I ever smoke flower itself. It was very odd and that bonghit got me excessively high. Now I'm wondering if the Thc/cbd ration in any bud is different in different parts of the bud. Like kief, vs red hairs, vs the flower, for example. Hmm....
Red hairs huh? Keep looking at that one! Such effect! Yeah, that's the way to figure stuff out! Interesting, I'll be over to check it out more! I can't wait to get the cbd book!

UPDATE TO THE BEGINNING UPDATE

Found the original information Dope sent me in a PM in 20. So glad! 55 to 60 days to Wedding Cake! WooT!

Wedding cake female seeds

Genetics: cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies x OG Kush

Effect: Relaxed, Happy, Euphoric, Uplifted, Creative

Outdoor Yield (g): up to 2kg per plant

Indoor Yield (g):up to 650g/m2 gr/m²

Flowering Time (days): 55 - 60

Height Indoor (cm): 90-100cm

Height Outdoor (cm): 180-200cm

Indica %: 80%

Sativa %: 20%

Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica

Aroma: sweet and sour earthy scents, vanilla and old skunky undertones

Dos-si-dos female seeds

Genetics: Dos Si Dos x Gelato #33

Effect: Relaxed, Sedative, Happy

Outdoor Yield (g): up to 2000

Indoor Yield (g):up to 700 gr/m²

Flowering Time (days): 60 - 65

Height (cm): 90cm

Indica %: 60%

Sativa %: 40%

Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica

Taste: Mint, Lime, Spice

Aroma: Cookies, Sherbet, Lime

At the same time, I just posted in my journal that I just, somehow for the first time ever, did an entire bonghit of red hairs off a Dos Si Dos plant.
Wait. What!

You had the patience to cut off enough red hairs to make a bong hit? Just red hairs?

How did you do that? You have a tiny pair of clippers?

Wait. What!

You had the patience to cut off enough red hairs to make a bong hit? Just red hairs?

How did you do that? You have a tiny pair of clippers?
Hey GDB, Happy New Year! And :rofl: - my GOD no, who has that much patience or that small a pair of trimmers? I got completely lucky. I use a Trim Bin to kief my sugar leaves and some flarfy buds so as to extract the trichomes. It's the easiest way to get it I've found, and I get plenty enough doing it with that that I've never bothered with the dry ice extraction and bags and such - that's next. Anyway, when one uses the Trim Bin, you probably know, you have a pile of super dried crap in an open container and you bounce the stuff all around to scrape it against the screen (screens, in my case, I installed a second, smaller one under their 150 so I'd get a finer end product - I keep it all separate by strain when there's enough - I love it and find it as different to smoke as strains of flower are). I might press and sift and do whatever. So the crap gradually breaks down as you do this, and when it gets broken down to a certain point I stop so that I don't start getting green in my kief. But that still leaves a fine dust of stuff in the bin, mostly on the bottom. The last step I take, and this is why I was able to do the red hair thing, is that I "toss" the Trim Bin - like you would toss the shrimp in a frying pan kind of thing, where the pile actually goes in the air a little above the screen and falls back down onto it. That gets the last of the stubborn trichs. And usually I do it without making a mess. Not so this time. When I moved the tray out of the way I found a very fine coating of red hairs all over the space around the bin on my work table, and it's plastic and clean. So I scraped them together and there were enough (think of how many this took!) to fill my party, large bowl that takes three or four pulls to clear. A HUGE hit of straight red hairs. I guess it's not as surprising as I thought that I had never done it cuz who the hell experiences this until you start growing? Lol. Anyway, that way how. If I had enough patience to cut them off my grows would probably be better. Lol.

Hey GDB, Happy New Year! And :rofl: - my GOD no, who has that much patience or that small a pair of trimmers? I got completely lucky. I use a Trim Bin to kief my sugar leaves and some flarfy buds so as to extract the trichomes. It's the easiest way to get it I've found, and I get plenty enough doing it with that that I've never bothered with the dry ice extraction and bags and such - that's next. Anyway, when one uses the Trim Bin, you probably know, you have a pile of super dried crap in an open container and you bounce the stuff all around to scrape it against the screen (screens, in my case, I installed a second, smaller one under their 150 so I'd get a finer end product - I keep it all separate by strain when there's enough - I love it and find it as different to smoke as strains of flower are). I might press and sift and do whatever. So the crap gradually breaks down as you do this, and when it gets broken down to a certain point I stop so that I don't start getting green in my kief. But that still leaves a fine dust of stuff in the bin, mostly on the bottom. The last step I take, and this is why I was able to do the red hair thing, is that I "toss" the Trim Bin - like you would toss the shrimp in a frying pan kind of thing, where the pile actually goes in the air a little above the screen and falls back down onto it. That gets the last of the stubborn trichs. And usually I do it without making a mess. Not so this time. When I moved the tray out of the way I found a very fine coating of red hairs all over the space around the bin on my work table, and it's plastic and clean. So I scraped them together and there were enough (think of how many this took!) to fill my party, large bowl that takes three or four pulls to clear. A HUGE hit of straight red hairs. I guess it's not as surprising as I thought that I had never done it cuz who the hell experiences this until you start growing? Lol. Anyway, that way how. If I had enough patience to cut them off my grows would probably be better. Lol.
LMAO, Jon!

Thanks for that. I was imagining something more like this!
jon cutting hairs.png

Geez, that's a lotta' budz! :Rasta:

Happy New Year Otter! :passitleft:
Happy New Year GT! :passitleft: It's Black Poison skunk so far today. Got a real Yum to it!
Geez, that's a lotta' budz! :Rasta:
A field of dreams is what it reminds me of:kiss:
God it's a field....
That's an amazing shots.
WoW:cheer:
Hope you are well my friend @StoneOtter

Stay safe
Bill

It's a pleasure to go and visit and go home. My BIL has been, like us, doing a little better each grow. He really doesn't need me. I'm just bringing coffee basically now and having a fun hour or so out of the house.It's nice to just talk grow with a human in the garden too!

Back
Top Bottom