Donpaul.p's Latest 400 Watt HPS Grow

right here we go,

below is my own pheno chosen kc45 auto, i dont think its to bad considering its the cheapest auto on the market that costs around £1 per seed, i carefully crossed the pollen from the biggest male with each batch of seeds and kept doing this and now hopefully the batch of seeds from this one will produce a decent sized auto each time grown,
20131021_224108.jpg

20131021_224119.jpg

20131021_224133.jpg

20131021_224144.jpg

20131021_224208.jpg

20131021_224223.jpg

below is nirvana ice
20131021_224418.jpg

below is an auto ww.
20131021_224457.jpg

20131021_224506.jpg

next is the dwc auto northern lights
20131021_224621.jpg

20131021_224639.jpg

20131021_224648.jpg

20131021_224659.jpg

20131021_224704.jpg

20131021_224723.jpg

below is a sensi star grown from clone
20131021_224813.jpg

20131021_224820.jpg

20131021_224828.jpg

20131021_224839.jpg

below is the mazar x white rhino
20131021_224905.jpg

20131021_224914.jpg

20131021_224919.jpg

20131021_224926.jpg

20131021_224937.jpg

more pics in the next post

next up we got the sour diesel
20131021_225026.jpg

20131021_225039.jpg

20131021_225049.jpg

20131021_225056.jpg

20131021_225101.jpg

20131021_225110.jpg

next is my own strain the ken estes gdp cross purple cheese
20131021_225148.jpg

20131021_225154.jpg

20131021_225200.jpg

20131021_225211.jpg

below is the white widow x skunk
20131021_225704.jpg

20131021_225713.jpg

20131021_225723.jpg

20131021_225731.jpg

20131021_225736.jpg

20131021_225745.jpg

below is the big buddha cheese
20131021_225822.jpg

20131021_225833.jpg

for some reason the buds seem small and something dont seem right, no other signs of problems on the plant but buds seem to be small but real stinky, the whole plant stinks
20131021_225839.jpg

20131021_225845.jpg

below is another ken estes gdp x purple cheese, its another real stinky plant
20131021_225851.jpg

20131021_225913.jpg

20131021_225917.jpg

20131021_225921.jpg

20131021_225928.jpg

20131021_225930.jpg

group shot
20131021_230256.jpg

a gentle defol to let light in
20131021_231919.jpg

if you spot any problems or have any questions then let me know and ill do my best to answer,

thanks for looking

Beautiful as usual DP, I like that GDP X Purple Cheese, I hope I get a female from the one i put down. I have some of the WW X Skunk seeds, bot I don't know if my space could house even one of those bad boys!

thanks,

the gdp strain looks very nice and smells real nice as well,
the ww x sk grew really quick in veg and i had no choice but to pull it over on its side as it was growing easily 3 times as quick as the other plants, so i had to do some lst to get the plant even, i could of done with a bigger pot for it to be honest because im pretty sure it would turn into a huge plant.

it would be a very nice strain for a scrog, that would be very nice to see

I see that already. As a seedling my wwx skunk is out growing the other seedlings.

ive never had anything that grows that quick, i honestly though it was male, males tend to grow real quick and get taller much quicker than females so i thought it was going to be a male so didnt train it, then it showed me it was female and i had to do some training to get it back level with the other plants,

so lesson learned, i now know to train plants even if i think its male, its such a strong plant and really hoping it flowers as well, it looks to me like all the buds ill be getting will be nearly a foot long, not sure how fat the buds will be as its to early to tell,

i take 1 clone from each female plant i grow then if it produces well and im happy with the results then the clone will live to get slaughtered at a later date, if im not impressed then it goes in the bin and i dont waste time and nutrients growing something thats not going to do any better than 2nd time around

Just driving thru to see what you have growing. Man looks kind of busy. GDP one day.. As a fact it's going to be on my next wish list. Gardens looking great there +++'s and Keepem Green

thanks both

@Norcaliwood, your right it is a bit to busy, i wont be growing as many plants next time round, ill be working on some purple strains and hopefully can lock down a purple pheno and make a nice stable purple strain. im happy with the kc45 auto pheno ive managed to produce so the seeds will be stored and used for future grows, the gdp cheese may need more crossing but depends on the results from this harvest, but i been hunting the purple pheno for a while now so going to give it one last try with 4 different strains, so fingers crossed ill have some purps at next harvest.

2 of the purps should guarantee me purps, or at least thats what the write up by the breeder says, the other 2 are a bit hit and miss, subcools strain has many pheno types so clearly not a very stable strain and possibly an f1 cross, the blue mystic is the other strain that seems to produce different pheno types, so hopefully ill have some purps next harvest, but certainly not as many plants but might go bigger plants

now this is how it's done! you got your own seeds? exactly what strains did you cross?

i got a long list mate, let me see what i can remember without going to get my seed stash, i must have over 5000 seeds in my own collection and most of those are my own strains, ive probably got around 150 strains in stock that ive bought but not grown yet,

so from what i can remember this is what i got,
kc45 auto, with this i crossed it with itself to produce a big yielding big auto, so back crossed with the strongest male with each new batch of seeds and now im producing a good kc45 auto with each seed planted, the one i got growing now will give me around 300ish seeds at harvest,

ken estes gdp male cross with purple cheese auto.
this will give me a gdp cheese regular and a gdp cheese auto. im on the first cross with this so might need more work depending on results and ill need to cross and auto male and female from this strain to make a stable auto then i can work on the pheno types and produce the best auto from that cross

i got a very nice sensi star fem pollen cross with ak47 x uk cherry cheese.

ak47 x uk cherry cheese pheno selected cross,
ak47 x uk cherry cheese x skunk
ak47 x uk cherry cheese x sour kiwi

ive got a few more but id have to go and get my seeds from where i store them as each cross i make i keep a selection of seeds and store them in case i need to go back a step just in case of have any genetic problems with a cross.

now seeds ive purchased and not grown yet are below,
10x big bud#2
5x samsara green love potion
5x sativa blackberry
5x delicious cotton candy (great strain, grown it before and produces well with nice tasty buds)
5x kc brains brains damage
5x white lable white skunk
5x nirvana white castle
5x super skunk
5x kc brains mango
3x kc brains kc36
3x nirvana ice (got 1 in seedling stage)
3x nirvana blue mystic (got 1 in seedling stage)
5x ww x sk (got one in flower at the minute, huge plant that grows 3 times as quick as any other plant ive grown)
1x TH seeds akorn aka snowbud (free fem seed with last order from herbies plus 2 ww x sk)

some of them above are purple and or white strains, the ones below was my last purchase and these are what im growing next as i will work on producing a stable purple pheno
3x TGA subcool Deep Purple
3x high quality purple tops
3x big bud depot ultimate purple.
so these 3 will be planted in the next couple of days, possibly 2 seeds from each strain as their regular seeds, so with these and the blue mystic im hoping to at least have 1 purple plant, but the purple tops and ultimate purple are suppose to be very stable purple strains, but ive read this before and not got any purps, subcools strain is going to be nice what ever it produces but if i hit the purps then ill lock that pheno down and either produce fem seeds with the purple pheno or back cross it to produce regular seeds.

ive got more seeds but id have to go and collect them, this is just what i got at home, i dont like to keep everything here because if i lose them then i lose all the work ive put in, so ive got plenty stashed away, from my own strains ive got between 100 and 500 seeds per cross, so plenty for future grows and future crosses, i only keep the best of the best and if the seeds produce poor plants then they end up in the bin.

i only buy seeds from herbies, get great service and great prices, if i just spend £1 on 1 seed then i could end up with £20 of free seeds as you always get 1x fem or fem auto and 2 x regular, the more you buy the more you get free, but ive often had the extra bonus seed thrown in with my order or a seed tin with mints in it, if a breeder has a promotion on then herbie sends it with some orders, so ive had plant pot markers from greenhouse seeds, stickers etc etc, just depends if herbie gets sent any promotional stuff sent from breeders or seed suppliers.

i tend to buy 4 or 5 seeds every 2 to 3 weeks, it gives me many strains to grow and i often just dip my hand in the pot and pick a strain at random to grow and see how it does, some of the best strains ive grown was the cheapest, i certainly wouldnt pay more than £15 per seed, i think charging prices like £50 to£75 per seed is pretty damn shocking, each seed is only worth as much as any other seed, its no harder to produce seeds from one plant that it is to produce them from another plant, but if people will pay them prices then breeders will charge them, im sure if they didnt sell any seeds then their prices would drop pretty quick.

so thats a brief rundown on what seeds ive got, i got lots more but only small amounts of seeds ive bought, i only cross what i know produces well or is covered in trichs and so far ive not produced anything that dont produce well, but ive not had time to grow all strains ive crossed, i must have 3 or 4 crosses ive made and never grew out the seeds yet to see the end results.

i use the ak47 x uk cherry cheese a lot as its by far the best strain ive ever grown or smoked.

basically its not a strain that can be bought, i was sent the seeds from a seed seller as a sample to give them a review on the end results, so i was sent 10x ak47 x uk cherry cheese regular seeds, i grew them and crossed a male and female, so i sent them a review and heard nothing back, then i was blown away with how stable it was and everytime i grew it all the females looked and produced as well as each other, so i contacted beany and asked him what the strain is now called, he said he will try and find out,

thats the last i heard, i did contact him again and he said he often sends out packs of 10 free seeds for certain breeders so the products can be tested and results sent back to the breeder, but he said he cant find out what its not called due to the breeder not releasing it or possibly wanting to work further with it, but so far its the best strain ive grown, produces well each time with very nice strong bud. but ive tried searching the net for the strain and their is nothing on their,

so my only option is to keep it in my own collection so i can grow it when i like, its why ive used it to cross with many strains as its such a strong plant to start with so makes perfect sense to use it to cross with,

i think the best cross ive done so far is sensi star x ak47 cherry cheese, the sensi star was nearly as nice as the ak47 cheese trichome wise but not as good in strength or couch lock affect, so ive not found anything that is as good as the ak x cherry chz, nothing has come close yet.

im hoping subcool's strain will be as nice or better, or maybe i got very lucky with the ak47 x uk cherry cheese and wont find anything as nice, at least thats what im getting so far, ive found nothing that is on par with it, hopefully the big buddha cheese i got growing is going to be on par or better, but wont know until harvest.

the ken estes gdp x purple cheese auto was never a planned cross, i kept buying gdp and kept getting males, so i decided to keep the best male and collect pollen, so i collected the pollen and the only plant i had far enough in flower was the purple cheese auto, so put pollen on a few of the buds.

the purple cheese auto did not yield well but the buds was very nice to smoke and pretty potent, so im hoping the gdp will remove the auto from most of the seeds and give me a photo plant that can produce big buds and have a gdp background and a strong cheese back ground, so far the gdp cheese is looking very nice and really stinks, buds are developing well and producing trichs all ready, but again the sensi star i got growing is super frosty all ready and looks like its going to be more frosty than the last time i grew it, last time it was a dwc grow this time its in soil. so will be interesting to see how it compares to the dwc sensi star, the soil one is a clone from the dwc sensi star so i can compare the result.

i take 1 clone from each plant i grow, then at harvest i decide if the clone is with keeping or not, if it is ill grow it out and keep it in clone form or ill take 2 clones and hermie one and produce fem seeds then i can keep it in seed form for any future grows.

so the gdp cheese will be on hold after this harvest, if it produces well this time round i may not back cross it at all, but the auto version will need working on.

my main project for the next grow is going to be the super male project and my purple project

not good people, i just snapped my kc45 auto stem, i was moving the plants around and the branch from one of my other plants had got wrapped around the kc45 auto's main stem and when i pulled the plant out it snapped, so not to happy with myself, should of been more careful,

its not a total loss the buds are fully formed, these buds below was the top few on the plant so the rest of the plant is fine, trichs are all cloudy as its not far from harvest, its been left in flower long as its foxtailing and the buds are getting pretty dense.

20131023_210731.jpg

20131023_210724.jpg

20131023_210713.jpg

im really hoping that the seeds ive collected and will collect from it will produce plants with similar traits, if they do then i wont be doing anymore crosses with this as im happy with the results and no small kc45 autos have grown from the last batch of seeds, so this last back cross should produce pretty stable results.

ill be growing 1 of them in dwc in the cfl room im going to set up so i can see how they do under cfls and see what works best

i think it would of got a bit bigger as it was foxtailing a lot on the main bud and growing new pistils on top of the ones that had dies, so im sure it would of get bigger, oh well it happens i guess.

sativa blackberry sounds like a nice strain, i might grow it alongside the purps im planting,
so far ive planted nirvana ice and blue mystic
these 3 will also be planted
BC bud depot ultimate purple (suppose to be a true purple stale pheno)
High Quality purple tops, (again another pheno stable purp)
TGA subcool Deep purple. (not pheno stable but should be a nice strain what ever it produces)

ive got a few nirvana strains id like to grow but will have to wait till the grow after next, white castle, nirvana super skunk,

i got to many seeds and not enough room to grow huge amounts or i dont want to take the risk with high numbers of plants, i could convert the spare room and easily do 30 or 40 plants in their but way to many plants for 1 person to consume.

so ill go with the blue mystic, nirvana ice as it looks like such a nice strain, the 3 i mentioned above and on your recomendation ill plant the sativa blackberry,

that will be it for the next grow, i might do an extra dwc or use one of the ones above for the dwc, really not 100%sure yet, got a few weeks to decide on the dwc, the seeds im planting within a few days so their big enough to go under the hps when i harvest what i got in their at the minute.

Sorry for the accident man, but it left you a nice reward :blunt: Very nice stash as well :bravo:

WW x Skunk is getting really popular down here, in Mtl you will mostly find that cross which is called Jean Guy and it pretty much replaced the M39 since as you can tell, grows really fast and nice yield with good smoke.

Keep up the amazing work Don & stay safe mate :peacetwo:

That sounds like a good plan..... I agree sir don't convert the spare room to risky :)
Nivarna ice iv read up on previously but never grown. Nivmce strain for sure.
Sounds like uv got it all going on mate
The ultimate purple sounds promising in your quest :)

thanks Laverns, im pretty amazed with rate of growth and looks like it will flower well as well, certainly a nice strain, ive got a few seeds now so will either make it fem or stock up on regular seeds at some point, ive cloned it anyway so will keep it around if it flowers as well as it grows. might be something i ues for one of my own crosses at some point but got to many of my own strains im working on so thats another cross for another day. im just amazed at the growth so might be something i cross with a cheese or some other potent strain.

@AleX, i hope so mate, i been after the purps for a while but gave up when i could not get even 1 to turn purple, so ill give it one last try with the strains i got now and after that i wont be working on getting a purple, if i get one this time round then ill try and make a stable pheno that produces purps each time grown which hopefully 2 of them strains will,

i think my kc45 pheno selected auto is done, so wont be doing anymore back crossing with that as im happy with the results and should have 300plus seeds from it.

the ken estes cross gdp cheese ive only crossed once so ill see how it produces with the 2 plants i got in flower, might even cross this with a purple to give it some colour, really not sure yet. if it gives poor results at harvest then the seeds will go in the bin or planted outdoors in spring and left to do their own thing. i dont like keeping poor pheno types or strains that dont produce well,

That makes sense to not keep the bad/imperfect phenos seeds. Selective breeding my man :)
Those 300 kc45 seeds will keep u go in for a lifetime lol
Purples seem to be very hit n miss mate as wee spoke before bid seems to have it sust right out. I realy hope ur latest round producers what u want.
Also not familiar with ken este but guessing GDP cheese is GDP crossed with cheese....sounds a tasty strain in itself..... Good idea about sowing the underachieving seeds in the spring outdoors. Pick a place off a country lane u think no one wil pass :) then nip back few times. Might work out well

Back
Top Bottom