Donpaul.p's Latest 400 Watt HPS Grow

Congrats on the pending MOTM win. Id like to add a personal comment or two...
I believe your one of the few here that go out of your way to give pesonal experience to almost all the questions you answer. You are willing to go out on a limb and try breeding and different techniques to advance the growing industry. Most are just happy to hang a bud to smoke later. But you are helping push the enevelope and I respect that.
I think you are a deserving winner and will continue to fight the good fight.
:bravo:

congrats on the pending motm win. Id like to add a personal comment or two...
I believe your one of the few here that go out of your way to give pesonal experience to almost all the questions you answer. You are willing to go out on a limb and try breeding and different techniques to advance the growing industry. Most are just happy to hang a bud to smoke later. But you are helping push the enevelope and i respect that.

:bravo:
i second that.

thanks everyone,

your are all way way to kind, i experiment and it seems to work, if it didnt then im sure you would all be speaking differently of me, ive not been growing long and learned what i know from this site, so its down to all the growers on here that i know what i know and can try what i try.

i cant thank you all enough for voting for me in the contest, its a huge deal just been nominated let alone getting that many votes, theirs many deserving growers on here that should be nominated and im sure they will be nominated and win.

thanks spimp for the kind words, if it wasnt for this site id have no where to discuss these plants, the only people that know i grow are on this site,

nice work finding that eagle,

cant wait to get my hands on the prizes, we have amazing sponsors who offer the prizes month after month, plus i always push produces and suppliers that work well and does what it says it should do, its probably going to cost me and arm and a leg to pay for the postage but i think the prizes are more than worth it.

ive not wont anything in years, maybe the odd £1 on a scratch card and thats about it, so i owe you all a huge thank your and many reps for all the votes and for putting up with me and my ideas.

thanks you everyone, your all to kind

DP, sorry to ask on your thread, but I'm right in the middle of looking for fans, ducting, and filter. Do you think 170CFM fan is too much for a 30 cubic ft space? I don't know if I actually mount the fan to the cool tube or what? Should I get a speed controller. I wouldn't get any of this if it weren't for the fact that smell is already an issue here in the cabin. Been using the ona block. So unfortunately this is a purchase I must make, and it looks like for curing all I will have ar gallon sized ziplocks. That WW Auto will be ready for harvest before October rolls around I believe, and I wont be ready.

You were nominate for a reason dp! don't think for a reason that another deserves this more than you as it was you that stayed with us all day every day. that's not an easy task when conducting your own affairs within your life. Thank you SIR!!

thanks skybound,

@Sativa, cant help with the fan mate as i dont use one yet, well not to do what your doing, so hopefully someone else will jump in and help, id be carefull using ziplock bags as the buds will stick to the bags more than a jar, you dont need to use jars though either, you can use plastic tubs, i bought a load from the 99p store, they have sides that clip down to make it air tight, so the lid sits on the tub then it has these tabs that you push down and it pulls the lid tighter onto the top of the plastic tub, i use them for doing the cure as well as jars,

remember you need to dry the bud before you cure it, you can use a cardboard box for this with string running from either side then hang the buds on the string, or what i do sometimes if i want them to dry a bit quicker is to cut the buds off the stem that you can get to the stem of, then i use a shoe box and place the buds in their making sure their not touchng each other then i turn the buds every couple of days, they dry quicker this way as their not on the long stem which holds a lot of moisture,

the other drying method i use is an old sock hanger type thing, its a round plastic thing with lots of clothes pegs on it, i clip the buds onto that and hang in a wardrobe i dont use for clothes and then in a week or 2 its dry enough to go into jars or plastic tubs.

also remember when you put the buds in jars i leave the lid off the jar for the first day as i find the buds get mositure off the other buds then i tip them out on a tray for a few hours until they feel dry again, then they go back in the jars and put the lid on, but then a couple of times a day for the first week i take the lid off anad pour the buds out and let the sit out for about 15 to 20min to let the moisture out a bit quicker, then back in the jars, after the first week to 10 days i can then just open the lid for a few minutes to let them breath and then put the lid back on, the last thing you want is the bud rotting in the jars, if their not dry enough they will rot over night so you need to make sure their dry without been to dry before they go into the jars.

hopefully someone can help you out with the fan info, i know you used the working out method to see what size fan you need and that info is on your journal if anyone wants to check it out, i just dont know enough about the fans to be able to help

Mounting the fan to the hood could prove disastrous as the fan will likely vibrate too much. when I am able, I will get the 4" fan for a small grow. If in the future I get my bigger space, that 4" will make a great intake fan after the pre-filters.

that auto is getting pretty big, you should easily hit an oz with that maybe even 2, just depends how fat the buds get,
you got a very nice auto though,
my kc45 auto fem is starting to flower, another few days and it will be getting pollenated, wont be getting any bud from it as im turning the whole plant to seed,

i need a good stock of auto seeds, so the kc45 auto will get the kc45 pollen, the auto northern lights fem will also get pollen and possible the auto bubble but its slow growing but i may repot it if it dont pick up in a day or 2 and try this other compost i picked up,

Congratz on the MOtM DP. should have happened way before this:bravo:

DP, sorry to ask on your thread, but I'm right in the middle of looking for fans, ducting, and filter. Do you think 170CFM fan is too much for a 30 cubic ft space? I don't know if I actually mount the fan to the cool tube or what? Should I get a speed controller. I wouldn't get any of this if it weren't for the fact that smell is already an issue here in the cabin. Been using the ona block. So unfortunately this is a purchase I must make, and it looks like for curing all I will have ar gallon sized ziplocks. That WW Auto will be ready for harvest before October rolls around I believe, and I wont be ready.

Take a look at the pictures in my journal. I use one fan to push air through a duct into the cooltube and out of the tent (pushing the cold air rather than pulling the hot air allows the fan to deal with much lower temps and it will live longer) my fans are 250m3/h, I have a second fan that filters and pushes the tent air out and I use a passive intake behind my ballast so that the cool air cools the ballast first, then rises up the tent and only the hottest air at the top is cleaned and extracted.

170cfm does sound too much for grow room but not cooltube, use that on the cool tube and use another fan to clean the air. your suppose to swap out the air at a rate of 1 to 5 mins to replace the lot, so if my maths are right and so is your grow room size, then you only need aprox 6-30cfm extraction and a 90cfm would swap out the entire volume of air in only 20 seconds! that should cause a nice breeze but not so violent as to wind burn your plants, lol.

consider getting a 60cfm and a large good grade carbon filter and it will last you for a while =)

Back
Top Bottom