Dirt's Attempt To Flux Mighty Grape

I'm learning so much through your pictures. How do you manage to keep your end flowers symetrical to your arms (forgive my bad wording)? Mine kept stretching and stretching it was uncontrollable, and that it was also my first time. She's in flower now but there was some definite mud wrestling involved...in the garden way...lol. Sorry bad brain joke again.:thanks: Kudos for symmetry, very pleasing to the eye with growing plants in a pattern. Stellar work, won't miss this grow for sure.:bravo:

If you get a limb that starts to run away, just drop it down below the level of the other tops and it's growth will slow. Same works backwards too, if you got a short limb, lift it for a bit and a low it to stretch. The highest growth tip is the dominant one and will grow the quickest. This is why keeping your canopy level is key. :passitleft:

I'm learning so much through your pictures. How do you manage to keep your end flowers symetrical to your arms (forgive my bad wording)? Mine kept stretching and stretching it was uncontrollable, and that it was also my first time. She's in flower now but there was some definite mud wrestling involved...in the garden way...lol. Sorry bad brain joke again.:thanks: Kudos for symmetry, very pleasing to the eye with growing plants in a pattern. Stellar work, won't miss this grow for sure.:bravo:

Hello G2HM, I adjust the flux ends. When one side is growing faster I lower that side slightly and raise the other side to divert the energy to the now dominant top. Hope this explains what you were asking.

Before
20160812_164317.jpg

After
20160812_183942.jpg

I'll step in if that's OK on this one :)

So they way a flux differs from a ML plant is indeed the topping number as you said, with a flux you only ever top 3 times. Once to form the T (flux point) then once at each end of the 2 main arms, once you've reached the size of girl you want. This stays the same even with 200 colas sites ;)
Then you have the total even/flat base of a flux, also each limb will have exactly the same breadth in structure. Then a flux you also map out totally, giving each site the same space, airflow and light penetration.
Fluxing is basically plant OCD lol :)
Then there's a few of my tricks that give fluxing more hst and LST levels than you get with ML :)

Soz couldn't resist :)

Some good solid fluxing info going about in here :) always puts a smile on my mush :) Also ya plants be looking all kinds of fluxilicious :)
Thank you LA, I really need to top the ssd though,she would be at 32 if I did it today.......but what's a few more right lol. Thanks for stopping in my friend:passitleft:
Awesome grow Dirt! I'm going to be following this grow for sure.
Welcome and Thank you.

I'll step in if that's OK on this one :)

So they way a flux differs from a ML plant is indeed the topping number as you said, with a flux you only ever top 3 times. Once to form the T (flux point) then once at each end of the 2 main arms, once you've reached the size of girl you want. This stays the same even with 200 colas sites ;)
Then you have the total even/flat base of a flux, also each limb will have exactly the same breadth in structure. Then a flux you also map out totally, giving each site the same space, airflow and light penetration.
Fluxing is basically plant OCD lol :)
Then there's a few of my tricks that give fluxing more hst and LST levels than you get with ML :)

Soz couldn't resist :)

Thank you LA, feel free to step in with the answers anytime, cause chances are if I don't know em I'm asking you for em lol. Thanks again:thumb:

Thanks LA. You appear to be a founder of the fluxing technique and I appreciate the effort and innovation that you have put in. I will be trying out this technique once my current mainline round is complete. I have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 ft tent for flowering. Would you just rock one plant at a time fluxing for an area that size? Sounds like a couple months, probably three in veg at least? The mainline round I am running now is currently 2-3 weeks behind a straight LST grow and I have only made the third topping and need to establish the newest nodes before completing the trim south of that and then considering flowering.

If given the choice between a completely effortless and medium yielding process and a high effort high yielding process I think right now I would choose the latter. Not because of the yield either, but because of the relaxation and satisfaction that comes with training and growing these plants. I admit this may change after a few more months of hard work and longer hours but right now it's true.

Any recommendations for strain for this method? I have available currently Northern Lights, Carnival, and White Widow. Willing to obtain others if possible. Finally I really like how you train some of the main nodes to grow back into the center of the plant. That is really great use of the space. I will try it, but I have to say it does detract from the aesthetic beauty of the grow. Makes me want to grow a plant while prioritizing not for yield but for creativity. No offense meant; I understand that fluxing is also about the end product, it is just I appreciate the imposed right angles and non organic forms that you have pressed onto it. It becomes more of a reflection of the caretaker than of the genetics of the plant.

My 2 cents. More Olympics now.

Thanks LA. You appear to be a founder of the fluxing technique and I appreciate the effort and innovation that you have put in. I will be trying out this technique once my current mainline round is complete. I have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 ft tent for flowering. Would you just rock one plant at a time fluxing for an area that size? Sounds like a couple months, probably three in veg at least? The mainline round I am running now is currently 2-3 weeks behind a straight LST grow and I have only made the third topping and need to establish the newest nodes before completing the trim south of that and then considering flowering.

If given the choice between a completely effortless and medium yielding process and a high effort high yielding process I think right now I would choose the latter. Not because of the yield either, but because of the relaxation and satisfaction that comes with training and growing these plants. I admit this may change after a few more months of hard work and longer hours but right now it's true.

Any recommendations for strain for this method? I have available currently Northern Lights, Carnival, and White Widow. Willing to obtain others if possible. Finally I really like how you train some of the main nodes to grow back into the center of the plant. That is really great use of the space. I will try it, but I have to say it does detract from the aesthetic beauty of the grow. Makes me want to grow a plant while prioritizing not for yield but for creativity. No offense meant; I understand that fluxing is also about the end product, it is just I appreciate the imposed right angles and non organic forms that you have pressed onto it. It becomes more of a reflection of the caretaker than of the genetics of the plant.

My 2 cents. More Olympics now.

Cheers for those kind words :)

Yep fluxing is way more to me than a production method. Its about time spent with your plant and the way there's always something to tinker with :) Then ever since my first photo plant I'd discovered a passion for making my plant esthetically pleasing to the eye! So fluxing also has this influence in it somewhere.
Again though I love the total control fluxing gives, also because most of the time were using the plants own internal systems to manage things,it feels more like you and the plant are truly in a symbiotic relationship! :) this to me is almost the pinnacle of growing, being at one with your plants has got to be right up there! :)
One of my proudest moments was when an old member on here said he was going to role this out at a farm used for Veterans rehab, because it was a legal state they could grow and tend for their own meds. So he thought the style and the work involved was quite therapeutic and hopefully it all went ahead :) if so and I've helped some folks then I'm as proud as can be! :)

For that space mentioned, id go forone big lass! :) As for strains! Look for a hybrid with a pretty even split between indica and sativa. Then look for plants that are known for main colas, not big branching strains. Then after that go for your personal flavour and enjoy! :) :)

Had a couple minutes to snap a couple pics. But won't have much time with them for a couple days.
MG lowered a couple of the higher arms, not much else. Ordering the lights Monday so hopefully a week from them she will get flipped.
20160820_112653.jpg

SSD she's not as bushy as I thought so she has some time before the next defol
20160820_112833.jpg

Back
Top Bottom