Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Well it went back up to 86 so for now I am going to just keep her unzipped until lights off and then when nephew is back on the road working I can just leave the tent unzipped all the time and the door closed on the room and it is dark in that room with black out shades on the window.... I have another fan ordered and on the way and maybe if I put another out take on the tent it will cool it down a few degrees... IDK..:thedoubletake:... but a few is all it needs... If I can keep it under 90 it will make me happy.... I realize they can thrive a little over 90 but I think they like it better a bit cooler.... Well if Twilight wanted to show what a total incompetent blonde idiot can do with their lights... I think they choose the right girl....:loopy:......:circle-of-love:

86° Fahrenheit is perfect for your plants. Can you reset your min/max on your thermometer so you can monitor the temperature with the tent closed?
Yes Sir I can and am doing so as I type... Well my nephew is....:circle-of-love:
:laughtwo: I can see that sticker on the box. " Blonde proven light :thumb:"
:rofl: :loopy:

On a little more serious note it is just a very big light for that seize of tent.
Well they say you can never have to much light... We fixin' to find out...:yahoo:..:circle-of-love:

I just went in and checked the tent again and it was back up to 90 degrees so I just left it unzipped and Nephew knows all he can do is go in and go to bed... he leaves for work tomorrow anyhow and hopefully I will have this figured out by the time he gets back home.... I think if nothing else I will take the intake fan I ordered and try installing it as another out take and see what happens..... I also have the flaps to play with... it's pretty funny to see the tent zipped up now with all the fans going cause it is blowing it out to about 5'x5' like a big ol' balloon... I'm really only a few degrees away from it so I got this...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

Im not sure that the Vantech 6 is designed for what we do.It is an inline fan but not the type your going to need for those kind of temp's.I own one and it just will not move enough air.The fan's Im speaking of are more geared for growing.There much more expensive but well worth it.K0ncept's set up for example is exceptional by the sound's of it.Here is a pic of how I currently have my 2 Diy flower tent's ran and the fan I use.

012854.JPG

Ok the left side is pulling heat from 2 600w hps and no intake at all.Just what get sucked threw from leak's or where ever.
The right side is pulling air from the 3 Znet 4's.It has 1 6 inch intake.
They are split using 3 red plastic folger's can.lol.Saved me 30 buck's and fit's much better then the actual "T" you would buy.
Last vent is of coarse going directly out door's.Both area's are like vac sealed when on high,but at this time of year ,no need for that.lol
0012121.JPG

also a speed controller is a must with most of these type's of fan's.

4.5' is a bit far. you should put them about 2' away for better growth.
Thanks b.....:circle-of-love:
Im not sure that the Vantech 6 is designed for what we do.It is an inline fan but not the type your going to need for those kind of temp's.I own one and it just will not move enough air.The fan's Im speaking of are more geared for growing.There much more expensive but well worth it.K0ncept's set up for example is exceptional by the sound's of it.Here is a pic of how I currently have my 2 Diy flower tent's ran and the fan I use.

012854.JPG

Ok the left side is pulling heat from 2 600w hps and no intake at all.Just what get sucked threw from leak's or where ever.
The right side is pulling air from the 3 Znet 4's.It has 1 6 inch intake.
They are split using 3 red plastic folger's can.lol.Saved me 30 buck's and fit's much better then the actual "T" you would buy.
Last vent is of coarse going directly out door's.Both area's are like vac sealed when on high,but at this time of year ,no need for that.lol
0012121.JPG

also a speed controller is a must with most of these type's of fan's.
Jimmy it is so funny you wrote this.... Just before I signed on I told my fella that I thought I was just going to ask King what "exactly" right down to the brand I needed to get. I probably would have to spend a bit more money but ultimately it will be cheaper than my try this and that's not enough so go for more..... So with all my garble said would you or King or someone that knows what the heck they are doing please tell me exactly what to get and how many and every nut and bolt required to make it work PLEASE...:helpsmilie:
This really is my first dog and pony show with anything like this.... Hell I've never even seen anything like this light before and it is intimidating the crud out of me... King could you pop down here for a bit and help me out please.... It really would be a great help.... I'm feeling really inept at this point and getting a bit frustrated again.... I know that once all is said and done... there is no doubt this is going to be an awesome light but it is not for anyone that is kinda broken and doesn't have a lot of strength unless you have some major help and thank God I do.... any how somebody please just tell me exactly what I need to order and type real slow so I understand and I will get it ordered today and installed before the nephew gets home and has to sleep under the sun again.... The noise didn't bother him a bit... He says it helps him sleep but the light was a bit much for him.... Thanks guys for helping me pull this off but once again ......:circle-of-love:

Hey D,
There a lot of different company's selling fan's I just use the hurricane because it's what my shop had.
I know there are better one's out there and also cheaper one's.I think this one was like 100 at a shop a few year's ago,so Im sure you could get one online cheaper.The speed controller was 30 at shop so...
They come in 4,6,8,12 inch.Depending on how many tent's your gonna vent and how big would be were to start.
I don't know all the cfm per square foot and all that,so if you want to go by that John will surly help you threw that ,Im sure.
I just put mine in and played with the speed controller,until I was happy.
John will have a some link's and all kind's of goodie's for ya to view.He the man like that.
Also I do not have mine hanging in a tent.It's hung from rafter's outside of tent,and I vent directly outside,so a bit different then your situation.First I think figure out which tent's your gonna want to vent first?

OK the only tent I am concerned with is the one with the Twilight in it.... the TopLed tent is perfect with how it is set up now.... My temps are not ever a problem in the small tent... there is no heat issue at all so King if you will just tell me exactly what to purchase for the 4'x4'x6' tent..... I am just lost again and I want it right...:helpsmilie:....:circle-of-love:

Here is what I am using in a 6'5" x 6'4 x 6' Grow Bay #1 and Grow Bay #2. I have used the equipment for many months without fail or issues and would recommend all.

I prefer to use a large carbon filter for maximum longevity of the activated charcoal.

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_001.JPG

https://www.perfectgardens.com phresh filter 6in x 24in 550cfm

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_002.JPG

These high performance inline fans feature superior steel construction with powder coated baked paint and convenient North-American sizes from 4 to 12 inches. Speed controllable and balanced motors with permanently lubricated ball bearings ensure vibration-free operation. Proudly made in Canada by Atmosphere. The Vortex Powerfan comes with a 6' power cord, ready to plug in, installed by the manufacturer. These blowers feature a 10 year warranty.

https://www.perfectgardens.com vortex inline fan 6in 452cfm

If you are using the equipment in an area where humidity control is not a concern I would recommend the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller to regulate the temperature of your grow tent. I have the temperature controller day set point just a few degrees below the maximum temperature of my grow area so the exhaust fan is able to operate intermittently and maintain the peak growth conditions in my grow area at 80°-85° Fahrenheit and set the night set point to minimum to allow the exhaust fan to run and remove any humidity from transpiration and ensure proper air circulation.

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_003.JPG

Titan Controls® Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller - Perfect Gardens

https://www.titancontrols.net mercury 3

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_008.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_009.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_010.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_011.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_012.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_013.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_014.JPG

Grow_Bay_1_2014-03-26_-_015.JPG

KingJohnC_Lush_LIghting_LED_Dominator_2x_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-03-28_-_020.JPG

KJC has it!! He was able to show you what I was trying to say hehehe.. I love Vortex Fans, as for the Hurricanes, a Hurricane 8" pulls 280 watts at max and pushes almost 800cfm at full power.. My 8" Hyper Fan pulls 75 watts and pushes just about the same amount of CFM and barely makes any noise.. When I tested the hyper Fan, it seriously pushed itself across the floor when I turned it on and I had to run and catch it!! And it comes with its own speed controller, but the Hyper Fan can't be used with any other speed controllers as it has a DC motor.. But it does work great with a Titan Controls Zephyr 1.. And for the Vortex like KJC said, you cant beat it tapped into a Mercury 3 or 4... I went with the Mercury 4 as it has an idle function...

So what KJC said will fix all your problems.. and for what its worth.. Those 6" "booster" fans pull in excess of 65+ watts each, and can barley push 230-250 CFM... Where for 75 watts you can blow your house down with a Hyper Fan or a Vortex at a little more wattage...

Back
Top Bottom