Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

:welcome:Thank you so much for the good advice and if you look back in my journal you will see that for the most part that is what I did with the MG soil and have only used it with the bag seed grow. The premium seeds that are currently in the box are in Fox Farm soil and will be fertilized with Fox Farms nutes. Thank you for stopping in to take a look and hope to see you around. Are you going to do a journal on your grow? If you do please let me know as I would love to see your greenhouse set up. I have been promised one for this summer and I am sure you would have some great advice. Good growing to you Sir :circle-of-love:

Cool, but me a girl! Hahahah!

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

Hi Denise,
The reason MG is not ideal comes under several headings. First off, it is a petro product used to make synthetic nitrogen, which has heavy salts and can burn tender roots of cannabis. With good resin production you really do want the most magnificent root system possible. So, here is a simple answer to the potting mix scenario. Today I had to go up to buy some rock wool and I looked for seed starting mix. None yet, nothing outside of potting mixes with fertilizer in them. Baaaa. So, here is my answer: Buy a 3.5 cf bale of peat moss. Find in your area who actually makes good compost and it is organic and buy enough to mix at least 25% into your final amount needed. Also buy a bag of perlite or vermiculite and if you cant find those, decomposed granite is sold in bags at Home Depot or Lowes. If you can get lava sand locally, the better. You will need about 10% or less of the volume you need of lava sand or granite sand. Make sure granite is decomposed. It will say it on the bag. So:

10 parts peat moss
2 to 4 parts
2 parts lava sand, decomposed granite sand, perlite or vermiculite.

The rock sands are superior to the perlite and vermiculite because they actually have properties which are magnetic and their capacity to hold water is outstanding, but without keeping soil soggy. The amounts I gave are a rough estimate. You can do it however you want, but please avoid the synthetic fertilizers like MG, even if it is made for cannabis.

I was a professional greenhouse grower of ornamental plants in my life. I am retired now, but did it for huge operations and very small operations. I have only grown medical for myself once. Nine plants. I'm loving it. Now I am going to grow more in the greenhouse I have at my home. I actually have three greenhouses! That is what a plant hoarder looks like ;)

I ordered seeds from Herbies and they came yesterday. I am going to germinate 4 seeds this week, in a month another 4 and a month after that another 5. They are all female seeds (or so they say) and auto flowering. I'll start regular seed for fall harvest in early spring. Spring arrives in March where I live. By that, I mean it is warm and on its way to hot, so no frost after March in my area.

I'm sorry to ramble on and on. I'm just pretty excited that I found something to help my pain and insomnia that I'm very into this.

peace,
V

Hurray! :welcome: Another lady in our corner of 420!

Male, last time I checked.

NEVER THAT! But I have no problem with the ones who do as long as they know where I stand.

ok whats going on :rofl:

All 3 still stands very well, Thank you! LOL

Back
Top Bottom