Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Doc I have a few question?
Now that I've put girls into final 10gallon pots and can't dunk anymore how do you recommend to feed them? I plan on top feeding, so should I stick to 30ml drench to 5 gallons.
Should I go back to alternating drenchs?ex tp,water,GE repeat or something else.
When should I stop brix spraying and should I incorporate the snake oil at any time?

Now that I’ve put girls into final 10gallon pots and can’t dunk anymore how do you recommend to feed them? I plan on top feeding, so should I stick to 30ml drench to 5 gallons.
Should I go back to alternating drenchs?ex tp,water,GE repeat or something else.
When should I stop brix spraying and should I incorporate the snake oil at any time?

Definitely alternate drenches. 30 to 45 mils per 5 gallons....top/saucer water.

Stop spraying Brix a day or two before harvest. Add some Snake Oil to the very next Brix foliar, as your leaves are saying they could use it. I only use it once or twice and ONLY on strains that require it. This run, I haven't used Snake Oil at all.

Here we go!

I'll get mine transplanted today or tomorrow.

My zkittles girl is starting to lose some color again. But this time I know exactly, she ran outta room in little pots. I'm gonna transplant this evening. She needs a dunk daily now. But all are doing good since I upped the drenches to 1 oz or more in veg.

I just gave brix at lights on today. Other girls are drying out at 2 days now

And that plant is dry, just, and my purple is leaving. Biggest change is 60% humidity instead of 20

:laugh: Yeah ... Lol ... If only we could overlook humidity, eh?

I've been keeping my soil more uniformly moist in the bloom room this season and that helps - it automatically brings RH up into the 50s for a day. :slide:

A guy has to be careful, of course - but they have enough roots by now to keep the bottoms from staying too wet. So I water them twice as often, every 2 days instead of 4-5. You can also time the foliars for an off day. That, in addition to a humidifier, seems to be the best I can come up with.

I always watered daily pretty much in flower, just heavy drink when I give nutes or drench.

I've went through every humidifier I can find on Amazon, all junk, only raises about 5 percent max. I get 15-20 by pouring a gallon or 2 on floor every day

I don't foliar enough to raise humidity any, I must undersides if leaves and that's it, may try soaking plant, see what that does lol

Definitely alternate drenches. 30 to 45 mils per 5 gallons....top/saucer water.

Now that I've put girls into final 10gallon pots and can't dunk anymore how do you recommend to feed them? I plan on top feeding, so should I stick to 30ml drench to 5 gallons.

BTW Darkscotia Do you know an approximate H20 amount your 10 gal pots will hold at this stage ?
Just trying to put a handle on the amounts You are using.

BY my estimate, using what my 10 gal just held at transplant which was
2.5 gal with 1 to 2 cups run-off that would come out to

Math
30 to 45 mils in 5 gal h20
Divided by 2
= 15 to 22.5 mils for 2.5 gal

Divide by 10 for 10 gal pot =
1.5 mils to 2.25 mils per gal of soil

I have been running my grow at 1.5 mils per gal of soil which looks like
the low end so just curious on the amounts your pot held ?

That 30ml is for 5 water gallons. :Namaste:

If we wanted 1ml per soil gallon, that would feed 30 gallons of soil - one gallon of water for 6 gallons of soil in my case. And that's about how much my soil will hold - a little less. It does convert fairly accurately. A 10 gallon pot should take maybe 1.5 gallons?

You got 2.5 gallons of water into 10 gallons of soil? :hmmmm: That seems high.

Interesting ,...evenin Gray , Scotia , Gazoo and friends. Have played with the 26 gal. pots i use and they max out at just below 6 gal's . Those big 5 gal. plastic jugs,...each pot gets one of those, 5 gals. every time they get water , all thru veg. and bloom. Very little run off..gets sucked back in very quickly. Ya, about the RH,..i've also noticed after watering the RH gets much better for a day or two.
This wine is tasty...nothin to eat today,..at all, got those two procedures in the hospital tomorrow...yikes,..gotta start drinkin this cleanser...hahaha stuff startin at 7...not good. Ya,..ok ,..go ahead and laugh, i can see ya's..LMFAO. Can't drive home after ...too waisted:)Mare was kind enough to take the day off....cheers .
Anyhow everyone have a groovin evenin.

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:party::ganjamon:

:reading420magazine:

Interesting ,...evenin Gray , Scotia , Gazoo and friends. Have played with the 26 gal. pots i use and they max out at just below 6 gal's . Those big 5 gal. plastic jugs,...each pot gets one of those, 5 gals. every time they get water , all thru veg. and bloom. Very little run off..gets sucked back in very quickly. Ya, about the RH,..i've also noticed after watering the RH gets much better for a day or two.
This wine is tasty...nothin to eat today,..at all, got those two procedures in the hospital tomorrow...yikes,..gotta start drinkin this cleanser...hahaha stuff startin at 7...not good. Ya,..ok ,..go ahead and laugh, i can see ya's..LMFAO. Can't drive home after ...too waisted:)Mare was kind enough to take the day off....cheers .
Anyhow everyone have a groovin evenin.

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:party::ganjamon:

:reading420magazine:

I will not laugh at you about that Duggs. I have had to do it and it is awful. One time I drank a big cup of it (had to drink about a gallon over a certain period) and I seriously no more than finished the glass and ended up yakking all over my living room. No time to even get to my kitchen sink. Good luck with the prep and the procedure!

That 30ml is for 5 water gallons. :Namaste:

If we wanted 1ml per soil gallon, that would feed 30 gallons of soil - one gallon of water for 6 gallons of soil in my case. And that's about how much my soil will hold - a little less. It does convert fairly accurately. A 10 gallon pot should take maybe 1.5 gallons?

You got 2.5 gallons of water into 10 gallons of soil? :hmmmm: That seems high.

Yes I did :) but take into consideration I water VERY VERY SLOW I believe that took
nearly 2 hrs set with a 1 min on 5 min off cycle timer slow feed from top and a little in
the tray.

Has been working for all my size pots (4 cups water per gal of soil when dry)
1 gal pot = 4 cups
7 gal pot = 28 cups or 1.75 gal with 1 to 2 cups run off
10 gal pot = 40 cups or 2.5 gal with 1 to 2 cups run off

I may be seeing it WRONG but looking at it this way

I can only see it as AMOUNT of PRODUCT Divided INTO the AMOUNT of SOIL
and this can only be calculated if I know how much water is used and stays in
the soil.

The amount of WATER has no place in my calculations EXCEPT to know how
much the pot can hold. If I know I put X amount in and use X amount of water
and all stays in pot I know exactly the amount of product each pot got.

Hey Duggan! I hope the prep ain't too bad and know everything is going to go smoothly tomorrow! :Namaste:

Hey Gazoo! Once in the big pots, I have been feeding 1ml of drench per gallon of soil and .1 of tea so for my #10's they got 10ml of drench ans 1ml of tea. I used to do that in 2 gallons of water but changed to 1.5 gallons. I don't really think the amount of water matters much.

Here are my girls Dark and Doc, I am 2-3 weeks behind you guys.

IMG_280326.JPG

Hey Gazoo! Once in the big pots, I have been feeding 1ml of drench per gallon of soil and .1 of tea so for my #10's they got 10ml of drench ans 1ml of tea. I used to do that in 2 gallons of water but changed to 1.5 gallons. I don't really think the amount of water matters much.

Thanks Buddy

No I believe AMOUNT OF water is not a factor except if using more than
the pot can hold, Seems just a means to deliver the products :)

Last grow I actual went with a lot less so I could increase the FEEDING intervals.

Thanks Buddy

No I believe AMOUNT OF water is not a factor except if using more than
the pot can hold, Seems just a means to deliver the products :)

Last grow I actual went with a lot less so I could increase the FEEDING intervals.

That's the way my mind works, too, Gazoo. :cheesygrinsmiley: And since I top-water in bloom, and I do it relatively quickly, I get runoff before the soil is saturated. So I measure doses for soil gallons and plop it into enough water to get runoff from 6 gallon pots. Then I go back and top everything with more straight water.

As long as you don't get into high concentrations, the amount of water shouldn't be that closely related to the dose.

But again, for future readers, if you're running one group of plants, you'll find that it's simpler to measure for water gallons - 30-60 ml per 5 gallons of water. For individual plants, use soil gallons - 1-2 ml per soil gallon in "enough" water.

I always watered daily pretty much in flower, just heavy drink when I give nutes or drench.

I've went through every humidifier I can find on Amazon, all junk, only raises about 5 percent max. I get 15-20 by pouring a gallon or 2 on floor every day

I don't foliar enough to raise humidity any, I must undersides if leaves and that's it, may try soaking plant, see what that does lol

That's nuts! Mine looks like this one (doesn't say "vicks") and works pretty well--Pooring water on the floor of my grow would mean water on the floor, that's about it. Sounds like we got apples-and-oranges differences in our environments. Every try a swamp-cooler style set up?

Good luck out there!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom