Cooking with The Chronic

Making evoo tonight! Hoping for gummies tomorrow...trim is nice and dry. Got a solid 2 1/2 ounces of trim to work with!

Will update with my progress, hope it works out :oops:
Sounds like a recipe for success!
:passitleft:

Alright y'all... it's time to revive this party!
:yahoo:
Sorry, I've been in a funk lately... Zero motivation for several weeks. Ugh!:oops:

Anyhow, after a quick chat with my homeboy @NaturalSpirit this morning, I found some much needed motivation to get back at it.
Thanks brother! I needed it.
:hug:
I've been saving trim for a big run in my new MB2 but don't have enough yet. That's why I've been waiting.
I'm in pretty dire need of different meds right now, so I grabbed around 30g of popcorn buds to run a small batch.

I'm also trying a new oil.... hope it works well.
2018-11-28-10-44-23.jpg

I'm infusing a little less than 1 cup.

2018-11-28-10-44-33.jpg
2018-11-28-10-44-42.jpg

Keeping it easy, I'm just gonna run it in a water bath with my crock-pot.
2018-11-28-10-45-47.jpg

I'll run it up over 200° for an hour or 2 to decarb, then drop to 180° for another few hours.

I didn't want to skunk my house out with an oven decarb today. No Turkey bags. Doing it this way limits the smell to the short window of time when I'm stirring the oil. Very minimal stink.

Stay lifted y'all!

I hope that's 3/4 cup of oil or you messed with my calcs son!
LoL... I wanted to do half cup, but it needed jus a smidge more. More than half but less than a whole cup....

I use -ish way too much. LoL

Got busy in the kitchen today making gummies from the oil I infused yesterday.
2018-11-28-10-44-23.jpg

Almost everything I did this time was different, so I will try to make sense of it all. LoL
Used a mixed coconut & evoo this time. It infused perfectly. But did not blend as well when heating mixture. I got it to take, but it was markedly more difficult. Overall, I will probably use again, just maybe not for gummies.

I also infused my oil differently this run because I was making a small batch. 3/4 cup oil, and around an ounce of dry popcorn buds (not decarbed yet), into a jar and sealed up.
I decarbed it in a pot of boiling-ish water for 2 hours. It isn't easy to keep the jar upright in a rolling boil, so I shot for 200°-210°. We boiled a few times, but maintained an acceptable temp range. IMHO. I burped the jar and stirred about every 30 min while on the stove.

After the decarb bath, the jar was moved to the crock-pot and set in another water bath @ 180° for 6 more hours. I burped the jar and stirred every 2 hours in the crock.

Turned out a strong batch of oil, for sure.

I will used this slow/low infusing again for all future small batches. No smell and worked like a mofo.
:thumb:

Now, on to the gummies...

I made 2 batches today. Both containing: 1/4 cup of infused oil
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup juice
2) .25 oz gelatine packs
6 oz Jello mix

First batch was strawberry banana and poured into 1" molds.

Second batch was raspberry and they were put into tiny bears for easier dosing.

I'm pretty stoked about these. :yahoo: They are potent lil buggers! I'm headed out for a gummy coma, right now...

Peace out homies!

Hey everyone! I just found this thread and will be catching up in the next few days. Seems like a great thread so far!

Now that my grow season is over (outdoor only so far for me) I want to experiment and learn more during the off-season on the cooking side of things -- after all, I've got jars and jars of bud and trim that I need to do something with :).

Hey everyone! I just found this thread and will be catching up in the next few days. Seems like a great thread so far!

Now that my grow season is over (outdoor only so far for me) I want to experiment and learn more during the off-season on the cooking side of things -- after all, I've got jars and jars of bud and trim that I need to do something with :).
We can hook you up for edibles. We got your back. :)

So, what do you want to start with?
Canna butter to make cookies? Gummies?
Chocolate?
How are your cooking skills?

Well, I've made a couple batches of brownies using butter and oil with some success, but inconsistent. I've never tried chocolate or gummies so I might give those a try. The delay from consumption to onset is something that I'd like to get a handle on. Sometimes it takes 90 minutes, but sometimes it takes as much as 4 hours before I feel the effects. Maybe it's just my metabolism, but maybe something I can improve upon on the cooking side.

By the way, my cooking skills are very good - eating skills, even better :p.

Well, I've made a couple batches of brownies using butter and oil with some success, but inconsistent. I've never tried chocolate or gummies so I might give those a try. The delay from consumption to onset is something that I'd like to get a handle on. Sometimes it takes 90 minutes, but sometimes it takes as much as 4 hours before I feel the effects. Maybe it's just my metabolism, but maybe something I can improve upon on the cooking side.

By the way, my cooking skills are very good - eating skills, even better :p.
There is a difference between, empty or full stomach and eating canna edible or even eating something after eating a canna edible.

I hear you on the variation in onset. Most of the time I get full onset within an hour to an hour and a half, but one batch of brownies done with olive oil (a fresh harvest oil) took about three hours to kick in.

It could be how completely the material is decarbed, the carrier oil, what you eat before or after as @AngryBird said, it could be the strain, it could be timing of harvest, all sorts of variables. This is why I approach each new batch with caution - since I don’t know how it’s going to effect me until I eat one, even though it looks like I do the same process each time.

Back
Top Bottom