Cooking with The Chronic

Did chocolates today. I decided to do them the cheat way: I mixed my oil in with “candy melts”, a home candy making product. It was on sale and cheaper than real chocolate, and it’s made to be less finicky to work with. It tastes kinda waxy out of the bag, so I added some extra cocoa powder to bump up the chocolate taste and a bit of vanilla to brighten the flavor.
49E0A9BC-5368-43B0-95DD-997BBB07BC7A.png

5F0D25BA-09F1-448E-B6CE-2CF2033F8E33.jpeg
0F667172-4719-408C-9080-408367BCB7DB.jpeg

Have to say it worked pretty well. It set up well in the fridge, and sat at room temperature on the counter without going soft.

BF3B7E0D-86B4-4D15-8A85-F2E546E2368A.jpeg

Next batch I think will have puffed rice cereal added. It will add some texture and volume and I think make it so that I can do one piece as a serving. Right now a half brick is about my dose. It make about 18 chocolates in my new mold. That’s about equivalent to when I make my brownies, which I cut into 15 pieces per pan and eat half.

I can also see mixing in toffee pieces, dried fruit, or caramel.

Texture is good. It’s firm enough to give a good bite, but melts in the mouth quickly with a good mouth feel. Taste is not bad, if you like the taste of weed. You can definitely taste chocolate, but there is no disguising the flavor of my infused oil. Lol

:drool::drool::drool:and here they say.. The way to a man's heart is to his stomach....
Well, mine is watching chocolate..

Note to myself... IF I ever decide to have a man in my life again... He has to be able to make things like this...just to make me smile.

:drool::drool::drool:and here they say.. The way to a man's heart is to his stomach....

Note to myself... IF I ever decide to have a man in my life again... He has to be able to make things like this...just to make me smile.
*blush*. And that’s without even decorating them! :p

Did chocolates today. I decided to do them the cheat way: I mixed my oil in with “candy melts”, a home candy making product. It was on sale and cheaper than real chocolate, and it’s made to be less finicky to work with. It tastes kinda waxy out of the bag, so I added some extra cocoa powder to bump up the chocolate taste and a bit of vanilla to brighten the flavor.
49E0A9BC-5368-43B0-95DD-997BBB07BC7A.png

5F0D25BA-09F1-448E-B6CE-2CF2033F8E33.jpeg
0F667172-4719-408C-9080-408367BCB7DB.jpeg

Have to say it worked pretty well. It set up well in the fridge, and sat at room temperature on the counter without going soft.

BF3B7E0D-86B4-4D15-8A85-F2E546E2368A.jpeg

Next batch I think will have puffed rice cereal added. It will add some texture and volume and I think make it so that I can do one piece as a serving. Right now a half brick is about my dose. It make about 18 chocolates in my new mold. That’s about equivalent to when I make my brownies, which I cut into 15 pieces per pan and eat half.

I can also see mixing in toffee pieces, dried fruit, or caramel.

Texture is good. It’s firm enough to give a good bite, but melts in the mouth quickly with a good mouth feel. Taste is not bad, if you like the taste of weed. You can definitely taste chocolate, but there is no disguising the flavor of my infused oil. Lol

Wonderfull!:drool: If you want them more firm in the future(
this looks perfect so it might not be needed) you can add sunflower lecithin, agar or other products that bind :)
It really does looks tasty!:bravo:

Well thats gonna be a pretty confusing polygamous relationship with so much chefs around here:rofl::hug:

Milk chocolate with puffed rice (light brown topping), dark chocolate with trail mix (white topping), and some extras with a mix of both (no topping).

A cup and a half of infused coconut oil made 80 chocolates. I’m gonna grab some foil wrappers for them tomorrow

Milk chocolate with puffed rice (light brown topping), dark chocolate with trail mix (white topping), and some extras with a mix of both (no topping).

A cup and a half of infused coconut oil made 80 chocolates. I’m gonna grab some foil wrappers for them tomorrow
Forgot to add the picture. I was taste testing, you see, and licking the bowl...and it may have caught up with me. Had a bit of a lie down this afternoon when I got done with the chocolates. Lol

My drizzling skills need work.

AB335290-3178-4906-A55E-5550DB3E740E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom