Coffee Returns To The Grow! Featuring Plant Of The Grapes

Got pics?
I'm having trouble visualizing it right now.
It didn’t make it :( tape didn’t hold
IMG_1118.jpeg

I broke off a main branch on my Panama and even though it was ugly for a while it produced some really top notch buds. CL🍀
That sucks but I’m glad it worked out in the end!
Oh no. She doesn't look completely gone yet?.....
naw not yet just going to let her heal a bit before I go to plan B which is still in the works lmao
Well, the plant should survive.
She'll just need a little more TLC, and time to recover.

Edit: sorry, I was a bit too blunt earlier.
It’s all good Mel I should have waited until I was in a better state of mind never train while being rushed lol.
Hey Coffee once she recovers there’s a lot you can do to get a lot of buds from her. A little training and she’ll be putting up all kinds of colas. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
That’s good news I’m not sure if I’m going to give up on mainlining her yet might just take some time.
Omg!

Go easy with those huge hairy gorilla hands buoy!

(Says me who nearly snapped an arm off my White Widow on Saturday lolling)
lmao the woman was rushing me I tried! Really I was just trying to get the branches even I think there was already to much tension on it. Sorry about your widow :(

So thinking about options, if I cut the other branch will I be SOL or should I top the one I have left and keep trying to get it branch out and hopefully wrap around?

It looks like you already did top it?
IMG_1118.jpg

Huh. I can't figure out how to change the colours of the arrows.
Those two little shoots are the new growth points for this plant.
I would release that branch from the training wire and let it grow up until you can start to train them over towards the centre of the pot.
Others may have better suggestions though.
It might be possible to do a version of a mainline with those shoots if you treat the node they're growing from as the point where you topped the main stem, but personally I don't think that's your best bet in this case.

That sucks but I’m glad it worked out in the end!

naw not yet just going to let her heal a bit before I go to plan B which is still in the works lmao

It’s all good Mel I should have waited until I was in a better state of mind never train while being rushed lol.

That’s good news I’m not sure if I’m going to give up on mainlining her yet might just take some time.

lmao the woman was rushing me I tried! Really I was just trying to get the branches even I think there was already to much tension on it. Sorry about your widow :(

So thinking about options, if I cut the other branch will I be SOL or should I top the one I have left and keep trying to get it branch out and hopefully wrap around?
That’s what I did and when it filled out some I bent it over and then colas started from there. CL🍀

It looks like you already did top it?
IMG_1118.jpg

Huh. I can't figure out how to change the colours of the arrows.
Those two little shoots are the new growth points for this plant.
I would release that branch from the training wire and let it grow up until you can start to train them over towards the centre of the pot.
Others may have better suggestions though.
It might be possible to do a version of a mainline with those shoots if you treat the node they're growing from as the point where you topped the main stem, but personally I don't think that's your best bet in this case.
Ya both were topped at the same position think I’ll try your idea and see where it goes from there. Sucks but it’s how you learn I guess. Would it still work in a trellis net do you think? What do I do if it continues growing out instead of up after releasing?

Would it still work in a trellis net do you think?
Yes, it's basically like the point where you topped the main stem.
What do I do if it continues growing out instead of up after releasing?
If the branch they're growing from stays where it is, that's not a problem. The shoots themselves will grow upwards.
You don't need to release it, I just think that'll make it easier to train back in later.

Yes, it's basically like the point where you topped the main stem.

If the branch they're growing from stays where it is, that's not a problem. The shoots themselves will grow upwards.
You don't need to release it, I just think that'll make it easier to train back in later.
Thanks Mel followed your advice will post an update tomorrow of all the girls

LOL sure...lose an arm, take off the other. :laugh:

I'm with Mel here about moving on to a different type of training. Sorry about the break but :goodluck: with whatever you replace it with!
Thank you kindly Master Shed, there is still not to much growth but she’s showing promise. This stains need for branching is awesome and I still have one more that is readying up for mainlining I think I need to be more patient with my bends and trying to super crop. With that being said even the small branches don’t wanna super crop just had to whip out the good old duck tape cause of them damn knuckles lmao. I also need to find where the hell I put the DE got what looks like little fruit flies and it’s driving me crrrrazy

Thank you kindly Master Shed, there is still not to much growth but she’s showing promise. This stains need for branching is awesome and I still have one more that is readying up for mainlining I think I need to be more patient with my bends and trying to super crop. With that being said even the small branches don’t wanna super crop just had to whip out the good old duck tape cause of them damn knuckles lmao. I also need to find where the hell I put the DE got what looks like little fruit flies and it’s driving me crrrrazy
Sounds like fungus gnats, yellow sticky traps will help thin them out but I’m not sure how DE would work with them. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom