Closet Farmers 1st Soil Grow - White Ruski

Thanks Miwa!! I appreciate the compliment!! I want bud developement too. However. I have a lot of headroom in my growroom. The more stretch the more Buds!!! :high-five:

love the air pruning pots bad ass , looks like your ladies love them and they look beautifuly grown but if you havent looked at scrog i would suggest that as you can keep them sort and yeild more than just letting them stretch..just a suggestion ...personally though your doin awesome good job:adore:

Thanks Miwa!! I appreciate the compliment!! I want bud developement too. However. I have a lot of headroom in my growroom. The more stretch the more Buds!!! :high-five:

You are right about stretching increasing buds...makes even more sinse if you have vertical space...however plants don't stretch much when flowering...if you want to increase buds by stretching...stretch while vegetating...or if flowering...use side lighting...or LST...

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Miwa, I have always had my plants stretch most during the 12/12 cycle. I am expecting the plants to stretch at least 50 to 75% from where they are now. This is my first soil grow though. That is what I would expect doing hydro. I guess we will see.

Justintym2. I have looked into the SCROG and was thinking about doing it next grow. The only thing that has stopped me is I have good amount of headroom in my closet and not as much floor room. I do not like having to tie up the heavy branches. It would be nice to have a screen in place that would hold up for me.

Sisco. I stopped doing LST in the 80's!! LOL! Just kidding. I am always looking to do different things. :thanks:

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Miwa, I have always had my plants stretch most during the 12/12 cycle. I am expecting the plants to stretch at least 50 to 75% from where they are now. This is my first soil grow though. That is what I would expect doing hydro. I guess we will see.

Guess what...its been my experience that plants in soil flowering sometime double their height..upward growth slows but it don't stop until well into flower...

NOW I HAVE 421 LIKES!!! It sure is nice to be liked!!! Thanks Everyone! I will make sure it goes to my head!!! :thumb:

yeah i am just trying the scrog on one of my grls and , from what ive seen you get a more even canopy with the bud sites getting the same amount of light , i have always just let them do their thng . after lookin at scrog i tend to wonder if it yeilds better so im tryin it on one this tym . and yeah ( headroom ) this is my problem when growin in a closet that bein said i clone and flip every month or so ...i have also just started a perpetual grow so i can try different thngs ...anyways thx for the likes guys , without all you we wouldnt be as we are .:thumb:

You all crack me up!!! Everyone is liked here!!!

I am seriously thinking about doing a scrog next grow. I too like to just let the plants grow.

I do have a real serious question.....

When I mix my nutes I always check the PH just as a habit. BPN recomends letting your nutes areate in a bucket to let oxygen in. I notice that when I let the nutes areate. My PH gets off balance. It will go from the 5.9 area to around the 4.5 area. I do not feel comfortable putting low PH nutes on my plants. I have been using the PH up before nuting the last few time. I am thinking about just mixing up the nutes on a as needed basis. That way I will have the proper PH. What do you all think about this?

I can't wait to hear what you all think.

Thanks!! :thanks:

Hey CF! Aerate the premix will cause pH to change due to bonding of molecule in the water. If your water is cold (not ice cold) it should contain enough oxygen for the plants, plus the additional oxygen being pulled into the medium when watering. You can still aerate the premix, just pH the water before feeding the plants instead of pH the mix before aerating.

I recommend aerating the Farmer's Pride Organics in order to get the microbial population going really well. The ph will bounce around a bit but it should drift up if you aerate long enough. Ph'ing the nutes right before you feed is what I recommend if it needs it. Don't pH before you feed because the aeration will cause the ph to change and you will just have to adjust it again. Some folks have had the ph stabilize in the mid 6's after a day of aeration and this seems to be the norm which is why I have said before that the organics don't need to be ph'ed. But, others have reported ph swings which need to be corrected before feeding.

I recommend aerating the Farmer's Pride Organics in order to get the microbial population going really well. The ph will bounce around a bit but it should drift up if you aerate long enough. Ph'ing the nutes right before you feed is what I recommend if it needs it. Don't pH before you feed because the aeration will cause the ph to change and you will just have to adjust it again. Some folks have had the ph stabilize in the mid 6's after a day of aeration and this seems to be the norm which is why I have said before that the organics don't need to be ph'ed. But, others have reported ph swings which need to be corrected before feeding.

Damn this guys is smart! You are on the money and thanks for explaining for everyone's grow level. Kudos to BPN!!! And Closet Farmer for this journal ;-)

as the clohr evaps you may have the fluctuation set your water out for a day and see if that helps , it will stablize as the microbes build . i had a slght issue like this but i stoped having to put in my ph by doin it this way .

Cory! Thank you my grow bro. You answered my question on the private and my journal!!! I am glad so other growers can see too.

Thanks everyone! I have mixed up another batch of nutes and they are being airated now. I am already starting my next plants under a UFO LED light. I am starting....

Skunk #11
White Widow
Orange Bud
Royal Haze

Back
Top Bottom