Closet Farmers 1st Soil Grow - White Ruski

Thanks Buddy!!! After I took those pictures I went back and trimmed some more on the back ones. I just took off the major leave blocking the light. If you think I can get away with it I will trim more. How much can you trim and get away with it? I get to trimming and I am afraid I will end up no leaves at all!! :high-five:

No problem bud! I usually trim about 20% at most at once. But, now reading some others doing more extreme thinning are getting better results and it now makes sense to me and I will be doing it in my scrog now. Basically, those leaves on the main stalks are providing a storage of food. But, we feed our plants so much and so often that we don't need most of those leaves because the roots are always getting food directly. So, I will be thinning a lot more in my scrog immediately. But PLEASE don't let me talk you into anything before I can verify it for myself. I trust the other sources on here doing it but I still like to test personally ;-)

Hi CF - I know what you mean about feeling queasy. It's tough trying stepping out of your comfort zone, huh? It is for me, anyway! I'm pleased with the defoliation so far. I jumped in with both feet this round... :)

They look really healthy and vigorous. :thumb:

No problem bud! I usually trim about 20% at most at once. But, now reading some others doing more extreme thinning are getting better results and it now makes sense to me and I will be doing it in my scrog now. Basically, those leaves on the main stalks are providing a storage of food. But, we feed our plants so much and so often that we don't need most of those leaves because the roots are always getting food directly. So, I will be thinning a lot more in my scrog immediately. But PLEASE don't let me talk you into anything before I can verify it for myself. I trust the other sources on here doing it but I still like to test personally ;-)

No Problem 420! It makes sense to me too. I went back and trimmed a lot more!! :high-five::thanks:

Hi CF - I know what you mean about feeling queasy. It's tough trying stepping out of your comfort zone, huh? It is for me, anyway! I'm pleased with the defoliation so far. I jumped in with both feet this round... :)

They look really healthy and vigorous. :thumb:

You got it Xlr8!! It is always hard to strep out of your comfort zone. It is the only way to become better though!!! Thanks!! :high-five:

Here is how my plants looks after I have trimmed them up more.

vegging_girls.JPG

I am mixing up the plants next nutes. This week I am bumping up to Crazy Growth Schedule...

next_week_is_Crazy_Growth_.JPG

I am liking growing in soil over hydro more and more. I notice I use much less nutes and water. I am more in touch with my plants. I have never had healthier plants!!

I also want to mention that mixing up the nutes is very easy. I have a PH meter and the nutes really do adjust themselves!! I can't wait to introduce more BPN into the plants diet!!!

Thanks for stopping by Sisco!!! Your new avitar is much more attractive than your last one!!! Just stopped by your grow. Sorry to see your plants have to deal with going without electricity! :high-five:

Thanks for stopping by Sisco!!! Your new avitar is much more attractive than your last one!!! Just stopped by your grow. Sorry to see your plants have to deal with going without electricity! :high-five:

I liked the crazy Michael face.... ;-) Hey CF they are still looking great!

Hey CF, I took your cue. Just got back in from trimming my ladies. Your ladies are much sharper looking than mine. I have a 180 and 240 LED from blackstar and they veg very well, but I'm not terribly impressed with flowering power. Just added 4 42 watt 2700k CFL's and the plants seem to be drawn to the CFL light vs. LED's.

Anyway, your ladies are tops! Take care!
Ganja Who

Hey CF, I took your cue. Just got back in from trimming my ladies. Your ladies are much sharper looking than mine. I have a 180 and 240 LED from blackstar and they veg very well, but I'm not terribly impressed with flowering power. Just added 4 42 watt 2700k CFL's and the plants seem to be drawn to the CFL light vs. LED's.

Anyway, your ladies are tops! Take care!
Ganja Who

Glad you are able to trim your ladies up too. I think it is a great idea. Bring light to a more areas of the plant to increase flowers!!

I have some old 180 W UFO LED lights that work great for Veg too. But not great for flower.

The LED's have come a long way. I have seen a few recent grows on this site with the newer LED's and the buds appear just as good as with regular lighting. I am not familiar to the blackstar. Maybe you could use the CFL's along with the LED's and get some good results.

Thanks for stopping by!! :thumb:

This week I bumped the nutes up to the crazy growth schedule. The plants really are liking the upped nutes. I have about a gallon of nutes left that I plan on using before going to the switch to 12/12. Probably monday or tuesday I will turn the lights off for 24 to 36 hours then go 12/12.

On hydro I would normally flush the system. This grow I plan on giving one good watering of straight water before lights out.

These plants are bigger than I planned on letting them get before switching. But that is a good thing. I have alot of tops that i hope will get very heavy!!!

GROUP87.JPG

Nasty Ass Nute bucket perculating!! Releasing strong obnoxious gases!!!

NASTY_ASS_NUTE_BUCKET.JPG

Thanks Everyone for your kind responses. Yes, the organic BPN nutes do stink to high heaven but the plants love it!! I have heard and am sure that the organic grown is going to be a great tasting weed!! I can't wait!!

The lights went out last night at 10 pm. I am turning the lights back on tomorrow am with my 600W HID at 5am and will be going 12/12 through out the remainder of the grow. :thanks:

<break /> <break /> These plants are bigger than I planned on letting them get before switching. But that is a good thing. I have alot of tops that i hope will get very heavy!!!<break /> <break /> [IMG said:
GROUP87.JPG

Looks like a good thing to me....you just increased your yield....:welldone:

Here is a picture of my plants one hour before they getting light. They have been in the dark for 35 hours. I am looking forward to get some stretching from all the plants.

36_HOURS_OF_DARK.JPG

Here is a picture of my plants one hour before they getting light. They have been in the dark for 35 hours. I am looking forward to get some stretching from all the plants.

36_HOURS_OF_DARK.JPG

Looking good CF:love:

S-T-R-E-T-C-H :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom