ChronicHemphog's - DWC - Advanced LEDs - Time to Grow - Grow

Good evening weed Brotha. Your grow is looking really nice. :high-five: Heading to the next harvest.

Got the greenhouse ready for planting today. I also wired the fan system to come on and go off automatically. Still have to put a couple of intake louvers in but all in due time.

This is where I get lost... lol. So you say there is hermie gens and there is induced hermie?? I kinda figured they are all genetically capable to hermie, this particular genetic mutation can be triggered by a force exterior to the plant "stress". One form of stress is chemical by using colloidal silver, or nut stress, climate conditions stress the plant also... The thing I find challenging is trying to find that one Genotype that is so resilient that you can breed it again and again and so on until you make it slim to none the % of potential hermie. I need to keep reading... Key word: Ethylene

yes supposedly they are all capable but under normal circumstances shouldn't that's the kind you want to work with
not the one that hermies on its own that isn't in very late stages of flower in which case its trying to keep its own genetics alive and propagate itself.

Good evening weed Brotha. Your grow is looking really nice. :high-five: Heading to the next harvest.

Got the greenhouse ready for planting today. I also wired the fan system to come on and go off automatically. Still have to put a couple of intake louvers in but all in due time.

Hey Brotha Bee just hacked the XTina an hr or so ago
ogk x gdp got a couple more weeks then after that its another 3-4 for ww etc.. just trying to keep it roling
youll get it done :thumb:

There is a difference in nanners, and pollen sacs.

Anyone who hasn't seen both has a tendency to to think they're the same thing.

Nanners get that name for a reason tho, and it's because they look like a small bunch of waxy bananas.

The sacs that form from spraying CS look exactly like a cannabis male pollen sac.

They pop open like little flowers. Something I've never seen a nanner do.

CS sprayed plants don't really form nanners, but nanners do contain pollen.

The formation of pollen sacs from CS sprayed plant is a biochemical reaction to the CS.

The formation of nanners is most often caused by stress, and is a natural part of the plants survival system.

A reaction of a plants genetics to the plants environment. That's why some hermie, and some don't.

Nanners are even kinda difficult to extract pollen from, and sometimes only seed the nearest buds.

There is a difference in nanners, and pollen sacs.

Anyone who hasn't seen both has a tendency to to think they're the same thing.

Nanners get that name for a reason tho, and it's because they look like a small bunch of waxy bananas.

The sacs that form from spraying CS look exactly like a cannabis male pollen sac.

They pop open like little flowers. Something I've never seen a nanner do.

CS sprayed plants don't really form nanners, but nanners do contain pollen.

The formation of pollen sacs from CS sprayed plant is a biochemical reaction to the CS.

The formation of nanners is most often caused by stress, and is a natural part of the plants survival system.

A reaction of a plants genetics to the plants environment. That's why some hermie, and some don't.

Nanners are even kinda difficult to extract pollen from, and sometimes only seed the nearest buds.

Just wanted to share this PDF on Sex determination in Hemp. 65 | 19 | jgenet | jarch | Indian Academy of Sciences

It's an interesting article for sure.

I'm fascinated by the super male, and pure female plant genes, and was reading about it just last night.

I see somewhat how it may applied to the discussion of nanners Vs pollen sacs.

But didn't find a direct connection, so I was wondering if you were trying to make a point.

Because the connection as a reply to my post is somewhat vague.

I'm fascinated by the super male, and pure female plant genes, and was reading about it just last night.

But didn't find a direct connection, so I was wondering if you were trying to make a point.

From what I have been reading Dioecious plants like Cannabis come from hermaphroditic background by my understanding meaning they all have the genetic ability to express both staminate and pistillate in the same plant, according to some authors environmental factors do trigger biochemical hormonal reactions within the plant to show either male staminate or female pistillate, a combination of environmental factors "stress" actually are defining in obtaining the wanted female or male from which we can extract pollen. Also I believe there is only one type of Hermaphroditism, It can have a variety forms to present itself in the plant, They also talk about sterile males and sterile females, which I can imagine refers to a plant showing reproductive parts that have no reproductive value, thats where I could could fit Nanners.

Here is another PDF you might find interesting Boys and Girls Come Out to Play: The Molecular Biology of Dioecious Plants

The reason why I seek answers is just because I accidentally bumped into what is my latest experiment, so Im trying to find some sort of feedback from the more knowledgeable ones but I also wish for an objective but positive criticism. I had a few messages with donPaul he was doing something with male hermies too.

I can't wait to see whats the outcome with Crons CS experiment. Maybe later on we can compare male, female, hermie ratios on both our "feminized" seeds.

Hey I should use the gift of sight more
I only just saw the new grow space you made looking real nice Cronic:)I have got to get some DIY skills an set some thing up in the garden
And you my friend have given me an idea :smokin: as long as Pady says its OK:thanks::goodjob:

Just wanted to share this PDF on Sex determination in Hemp. 65 | 19 | jgenet | jarch | Indian Academy of Sciences

Cool Info Dani Thanks

Good morning Cronic. The girls are looking wonderful.....:circle-of-love:

High Dennise Thanks :circle-of-love:

:popcorn:

From what I have been reading Dioecious plants like Cannabis come from hermaphroditic background by my understanding meaning they all have the genetic ability to express both staminate and pistillate in the same plant, according to some authors environmental factors do trigger biochemical hormonal reactions within the plant to show either male staminate or female pistillate, a combination of environmental factors "stress" actually are defining in obtaining the wanted female or male from which we can extract pollen. Also I believe there is only one type of Hermaphroditism, It can have a variety forms to present itself in the plant, They also talk about sterile males and sterile females, which I can imagine refers to a plant showing reproductive parts that have no reproductive value, thats where I could could fit Nanners.

Here is another PDF you might find interesting Boys and Girls Come Out to Play: The Molecular Biology of Dioecious Plants

The reason why I seek answers is just because I accidentally bumped into what is my latest experiment, so Im trying to find some sort of feedback from the more knowledgeable ones but I also wish for an objective but positive criticism. I had a few messages with donPaul he was doing something with male hermies too.

I can't wait to see whats the outcome with Crons CS experiment. Maybe later on we can compare male, female, hermie ratios on both our "feminized" seeds.

that would be cool

Here comes brain bleed again. :headbanger: I need a band-aid Cronic... :circle-of-love:

yea me and you both :rofl:

nice conversation Friends, many folks should read it...

green vibes to you all’.

Thanks for dropping by EC :thumb:

Hey I should use the gift of sight more
I only just saw the new grow space you made looking real nice Cronic:)I have got to get some DIY skills an set some thing up in the garden
And you my friend have given me an idea :smokin: as long as Pady says its OK:thanks::goodjob:

Cool you can get ideas from what im doing :thumb: hopefully paddy ok's it :high-five:

I agree that the ability to hemmie is latent in all cannabis.

But the likelihood of when it happens seems to be a genetic factor.

That with breeding it seems to be controllable to a great extent.

I even think one day a spray may be developed that turns male into female.

I'm not sure all male seeds found in a batch of feminized seed can be attributed solely to the plants hermaphroditism.

Seed breeders with multiple seed projects may be guilty of an unknown cross pollination.

Random pollen from from outdoor cannabis sources could also contaminate an indoor seed grow.

How many times have you read where a grower finds a single random seed with no sign of nanners?

Pollen is invisibly tiny, and can travel well.

The seed breeder no matter how cautious can cause human errors.

For example how many nuclear plant meltdowns have now happened?

Yet I'm sure extreme caution is practiced, and taken very seriously.

oh yea I forgot to mention so I threw 2 more seeds to germ my last afghan kush x skunk seed
from world of seeds and an auto white widow from vison seeds
I don't wanna miss my 3 week mark :rofl: even tho I think im off timed somewhere already lol
its hard to time different strains lol

I felt I've learnt plenty just these past 3 posts, sharing ideas and spreading the knowledge. I honestly believe that even the best breeding company out there still hasn't managed to absolutely isolate and study the sexing chromosomes in Cannabis plants, they are to busy cashing out while creating weird new strains and auto's... We'll have to wait and see by the end of this decade how much science advances in this field.

Great chat btw

Wow those are cool seeds!

I've never tried WOS autos, but they sure look awesome.

actually the auto is vision seeds toker the afghan kush x skunk isn't an auto that's the wos
im just gonna grow the auto in a small container in soil kinda like how BReal does it

I felt I've learnt plenty just these past 3 posts, sharing ideas and spreading the knowledge. I honestly believe that even the best breeding company out there still hasn't managed to absolutely isolate and study the sexing chromosomes in Cannabis plants, they are to busy cashing out while creating weird new strains and auto's... We'll have to wait and see by the end of this decade how much science advances in this field.

Great chat btw

Glad we all can learn something on my journal Thanks to everyones inputs

Yeah I know those two aren't auto's. :)

But I like the auto's from WOS.

They got some real cool looking ones.

Even an afghan kush ryder auto.

One day I'll try them out.

Are you going to make seeds outta those?

Yeah I know those two aren't auto's. :)

But I like the auto's from WOS.

They got some real cool looking ones.

Even an afghan kush ryder auto.

One day I'll try them out.

Are you going to make seeds outta those?

actually the ww is an auto it was one of the free seeds when I purchased from single seed
actually not too fond of the ak x s well see if I get a different phenol off this one maybe ill take a few cutting s to make seeds for the hell of it

Back
Top Bottom