Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow

Stone you make an important point, IMO. Pot size is important. I grow in 3 gallon pots and they do not retain enough water for an extended drought.
For my 2 cents. We are probably tending to approach droughting like Kaplan did where he applied it for a specific length of days. I have mentioned before that my first droughted plant was unintentional, but she is still my best and she grew in a small ceramic pot 3-4 gallon, she wilted badly every hot day in the sun and I would water her daily to revive her. Her buds were airy but they were the 'hardest buds' I have grown as they appeared to be coated in varnish, melted trichomes I wondered.

The purposefully droughted Mango Sherbert I grew last year was the most sticky of that crop and accordingly it makes the most mess in the grinder, but my first unintentionally droughted plant was the best. I think this is the point the Otter made above that you can give them a 'revive' drink and yet continue to give them droughting stress just by watching for the leaf drooping response. To me it is not all or nothing, droughting doesn't have to be 1 long period of no water as that will only work for some conditions.

Highya SO,

Congratulations on the Geopots. Are you going to SIP them with a container underneath? Btw, have you decided what to grow outdoors this summer? Happy Smokin'

I got way behind but I'm happy to see I didn't miss the ending. Congrats on the seed making, new cleaning kit, cool, new pipe (Could I smoke hash with it?) plus your GJoTM prizes!

Your garden is bursting with good health and lots of trichomes.

For my 2 cents. We are probably tending to approach droughting like Kaplan did where he applied it for a specific length of days. I have mentioned before that my first droughted plant was unintentional, but she is still my best and she grew in a small ceramic pot 3-4 gallon, she wilted badly every hot day in the sun and I would water her daily to revive her. Her buds were airy but they were the 'hardest buds' I have grown as they appeared to be coated in varnish, melted trichomes I wondered.

The purposefully droughted Mango Sherbert I grew last year was the most sticky of that crop and accordingly it makes the most mess in the grinder, but my first unintentionally droughted plant was the best. I think this is the point the Otter made above that you can give them a 'revive' drink and yet continue to give them droughting stress just by watching for the leaf drooping response. To me it is not all or nothing, droughting doesn't have to be 1 long period of no water as that will only work for some conditions.
Hehe, I agree but I have to laugh! My point back there was that I would see them leaf angle out and be done with it, Adding another drought after a rescue drink is good and proper approach! I didn't think of that because mine are usually well done by the time droughts over.
Highya SO,

Congratulations on the Geopots. Are you going to SIP them with a container underneath? Btw, have you decided what to grow outdoors this summer? Happy Smokin'
Hi Bode, I don't have an immediate use for them. A SIP like you mentioned with an auto outdoors is a thought but just a thought.

I want to grow try growing one fast finishing African sativa from TableMountainsativa, maybe I @Lerugged will help pick it out, and one other indica. I haven't figured that out yet.
I got way behind but I'm happy to see I didn't miss the ending. Congrats on the seed making, new cleaning kit, cool, new pipe (Could I smoke hash with it?) plus your GJoTM prizes!

Your garden is bursting with good health and lots of trichomes.
It's nice to see you're getting back in the swing of things! Your garden is looking beautiful too!

AWAY TEAM GROW UPDATE

The away grow is cookin with gas! my BIL has 6 plants, 3 Cherries DubeLee, and 3 Wedding Cake from his last grow. I'm thinking they will be good grow mates! They just got water in the pic and are drooping from thirst. @Remo Nutrients is fueling them nicely! Today we set timers to 12/12. Flower on! We'll be celebrating this septuagenarian birthday next week!
Have a great day!

Highya SO,

I hate to be the spoiler in this, but today is only Saturday. But it is April 1st, and I'm not foolin'. She's a gorgeous lady! All frosty and puting out even more trichomes! Happy days ahead!! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

I hate to be the spoiler in this, but today is only Saturday. But it is April 1st, and I'm not foolin'. She's a gorgeous lady! All frosty and puting out even more trichomes! Happy days ahead!! Happy Smokin'
We must currently be on the downhill side of the globe as it is 'rolls away' from Saturday, currently it's 10am on Sunday April 2nd, for us here in NZ.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself Stone! Trying to speed up the drought? :)
Me, Alfred E Otter, again? Me and the calendar again brother.
That is a nice big grow room space he's got.
It is! He let's then grow tall and wide in there. It's a different kind of growing than in a tent.
Highya SO,

That's just me being off a little. Happy April!
We must currently be on the downhill side of the globe as it is 'rolls away' from Saturday, currently it's 10am on Sunday April 2nd, for us here in NZ.
Or my mother bent the continuum when she dropped me on my head that time!

COMBUSTION AND FILTERING UPDATE

Sunday again! Seems like just yesterday I was saying that! Nyuk!
Had an interesting thing happen while enjoying combusting a bowl in my new pipe and using an off the chart filter! I pulled the filter out after one bowl and noticed something different about it than when I installed it. Where it kind of butts up to the screen in the pipe is tar deposits from each hole of the screen. Wherever one of these holes lined up with a solid part of the filter it made a worm of tar. If it hit a hole in the filter it passed and got filtered.
Combustion is nasty! I love to do it! I'm glad to be filtering on the odd day of enjoying it!
Look

Have a great day!

I was wondering if you had those same strange looking trichomes that @Krissi Carbone had? CL🍀

That was my first thought Carmen! Then I realized how lucky I was to have seen it! Vaping has to be my first choice. Combusting, though it's my favorite, has to be put in the moderation bin. Edibles are nice too but don't float my boat like a good smoke!
That was all tar destined for your innards. Im doing so much better in the chest since I mostly retired all combusting. Im using the @MagicStone Alchemy and yeah never going back to combusting as a regular method. I feel better, I can actually taste all of the terp profile from flower, and if I have to buy flower Im buying way less because the highs are so much more deep hitting.

I cant get past the tar worms. Just wow :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom