Carnival: A Community Grow Experience

Did you get the lime edge to the fragrance? It's what Graytail and I always get excited about.

Yes. Bingo! I was wrapping up a cob of it just now. Since it’s been drying 24 hours there’s a bit of that fresh harvest/hay smell at close quarters, when I was actually sticking my nose in there trying to find the smell, but while I was preparing it the whiffs of lime that rose up were amazingly clear.

See if "raspberry diesel" fits. :slide:

I’ll work on this one. I know what diesel smells like, and raspberries, just not together in connection with bud.

Lime is great! :thumb:

It may go more fruity over time. My Carnivals always have a petroleum backnote though - maybe more gassy than diesel, but that similar sort of aromatic.

Ordered Bloody Skunk instead...I have one more DD seed.
You will love the bloody skunk I grew several and they smelled and tasted like grape soda. Also my buds were almost black. It is a beautiful plant.

Blew.....Whoa! :bravo:

Where did you get those mini-clippers?:rofl: WOW!:thumb::Namaste:

The rain forest site sells them dynamo. Right now they're on sale. Think I'll grab a set while I'm thinking of it.

Then again......they sell non-stick clippers. I think I'll look for them instead.

Hey.....my Carnival's blooming! :yahoo:

Hiya SweetSue, Guys,

I have 3 carnivals growing in my garden, and are in the transition from veg to flower. Some of the sugar leaves around where the white pistils will be are showing a little purple. I've read the journal, but I can't remember if showing purple is one of carnival's traits. Anyone know about this? Thanks!

I had a pheno that would take on a bluish tinge at harvest, but the rest have all been green to the end.

Hi again SweetSue, Guys,

I took a couple of shots of my Carnival ladies with the purple in the sugar leaves.
P1000547.JPG

Does it look like carnival? Does she look alright? She looks fine to me. No issues during the grow. Thanks.
This shows purple color coming through, a day or two before the pistils will start showing. Here's another lady with another cola top:
P1000548.JPG

And another cola top from the same plant:
P1000549.JPG

Not as much, but showing, none the less. Here is one of the ladies:
P1000545.JPG

Sue do you usually take cutting during flowering? and is it different than before flowering?

I can’t believe I missed this drift. Please forgive me. :hug:

I take cuttings the day before I flip or on day 15 following flip. It depends on when I want the next plant to be ready. What seems to work the best if you’re running perpetual is the cutting in flower. By he time it roots and is grown large enough to flip your mother is ready for harvest.

We have @Dave Groomer to thank for that successful plan. :hug:

When you take a cutting that far into the flowering schedule it’ll gonthrough a wonky stage while it realigns the growth hormones back to veg.

Then they explode in growth and you have monster bushes to send into flower. :slide:

A cutting taken before the flip progresses without any wonky behavior.

Showing my girl off today. :circle-of-love:

Hi again SweetSue, Guys,

I took a couple of shots of my Carnival ladies with the purple in the sugar leaves.
P1000547.JPG

Does it look like carnival? Does she look alright? She looks fine to me. No issues during the grow. Thanks.
This shows purple color coming through, a day or two before the pistils will start showing. Here's another lady with another cola top:
P1000548.JPG

And another cola top from the same plant:
P1000549.JPG

Not as much, but showing, none the less. Here is one of the ladies:
P1000545.JPG

Oh Bode... *gasp* You caught me off guard, dropping my own pictures. What I’d give to stand next to one of those lovely trees. :battingeyelashes:

The purpling of the leaves is highly unusual, as far as I’ve seen. The breeders might want to see those pictures.

Gosh..... how beautiful.

I agree Sue! @Bode my oh wow oh my :D

I have visions of growing some plants like that, and I totally have the environment, except for the hungry and resourceful critters in this here forest. It’s a truly beautiful sight. POTM worthy when in full bloom, I’m gonna say. :love::yummy:

I have Carnival cobs, and my base meds are Carnival brownies. But my favorite is flower, smoked in the bong, and I'm never without the setup for an occasional hit. When I use the bong I've a habit of using hemp wick.

But not with Carnival. The Carnival buds require a hotter flame, and I use the lighter.

Anyone else finding that the Carn buds need to burn hotter? I don't smoke joints, so I have no idea how they burn. @Graytail, you use the one shot, and I'm betting a lighter. :battingeyelashes:

I suppose my observation sparked a curiosity. What's your favorite way to enjoy Carnival?

Hiya Guys,

I'll post some updates occasionally so you all can see what happens to the color. I took some clones, but was an experiment, and won't grow them out. All organic grow.

I'm to busy to look at back pages, how much stretch can I expect from Carnival? Thanks :Namaste:

I personally haven’t had much stretch from any but one Carnival, that one I did in hempy that shot up to 6’. :eek:

I think they stretch less than a foot in my garden.

Back
Top Bottom