Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

That's hedging your bets!
I'll bet my hedge is finally flowering!...😁

How 'bout a Thursday mini update?

We know the Critical Kush in the box is flowering:
... lots of amber on those fan leaves...
bud 1.JPG

and she's pretty good at it too...
bud 2.JPG

Then there's the little Forbidden Fruit...she sort of woke up on Tuesday, she's grown 2" since then...
She woke up.JPG

She's been in the SIP for about a month, so she's a slow starter- but sometimes they're the best ones..
I may have contributed to her slow start...more on that when I'm sure..
Apx 6 weeks old.JPG

Critical Kush#2- I'd say she's flowering now....
Flowering maybe.JPG

Somango seems to be about a day behind, but she's also getting some little pom-poms..
or not.JPG

So that reveg ended up not being much of a thing- ..and they're still growing just a little- CK is up an inch since Saturday (5'8"), same with the Somango (5').
Those are going to be some long ass colas on these ladies...:oops:
Both.JPG

Found the first caterpillar on the CK this AM.🤨..I was more or less expecting that...the beginning of a long battle, I imagine...

Ya know, you see those butterflies flying around your plants, and you may think "Oh, how pretty.."
but, cannabis doesn't produce nectar, which is what butterflies eat...so, they're not there to eat, they're there to lay eggs, which turn in to caterpillars in a few days.
Not just like 5 eggs, either- more like 50.
Fortunately, butterfly caterpillars seem to eat only the leaves, so they're not the big problem...moth caterpillars- those are the bad ones, because they eat the buds...that problem will show up when the buds show up....
The joys of outdoor growing!

Thank You for looking!
See you next time..:peace:

That's welcome news about the outdoor girl's progression to actual flower! Gives me hope for my remote girl. :Rasta:

The Boxed One is a typical CarcassGrow®. Sorry if that sounds kind of like muted praise, but hey, you do what you do...and then you do it again...and again. There's just a limit to how many superlatives I can come up with! 😁

FF = diva?

I'll bet my hedge is finally flowering!...😁

How 'bout a Thursday mini update?

We know the Critical Kush in the box is flowering:
... lots of amber on those fan leaves...
bud 1.JPG

and she's pretty good at it too...
bud 2.JPG

Then there's the little Forbidden Fruit...she sort of woke up on Tuesday, she's grown 2" since then...
She woke up.JPG

She's been in the SIP for about a month, so she's a slow starter- but sometimes they're the best ones..
Apx 6 weeks old.JPG

Critical Kush#2- I'd say she's flowering now....
Flowering maybe.JPG

Somango seems to be about a day behind, but she's also getting some little pom-poms..
or not.JPG

So that reveg ended up not being much of a thing- ..and they're still growing just a little- CK is up an inch since Saturday (5'8"), same with the Somango (5').
Those are going to be some long ass colas on these ladies...:oops:
Both.JPG

Found the first caterpillar on the CK this AM.🤨..I was more or less expecting that...the beginning of a long battle, I imagine...

Ya know, you see those butterflies flying around your plants, and you may think "Oh, how pretty.."
but, cannabis doesn't produce nectar, which is what butterflies eat...so, they're not there to eat, they're there to lay eggs, which turn in to caterpillars in a few days.
Not just like 5 eggs, either- more like 50.
Fortunately, butterfly caterpillars seem to eat only the leaves, so they're not the big problem...moth caterpillars- those are the bad ones, because they eat the buds...that problem will show up when the buds show up....
The joys of outdoor growing!

Thank You for looking!
See you next time..:peace:
True about those moths, i've not seen them yet here. But there a comin :oops:

Gives me hope for my remote girl. :Rasta:
She's going to do fine- we worry about intricacies of the light schedule- but these plants have been dealing with it for thousands of years- they know what to do if things aren't quite perfect..
The Boxed One is a typical CarcassGrow®.
Yeah, they practically take care of themselves in there- I just add water...especially this last one- I haven't touched her for about a month- I can't rotate her anymore, so she's just sitting there.getting. fatter...🐖
FF = diva?
She was headed that way, but something changed on Tuesday, so she's going for the gold now...
True about those moths, i've not seen them yet here. But there a comin :oops:
Around here, they usually show up around the time the buds are almost ready...I'll probably lose a few...

Good job. Have a great weekend!! 😎✌️
Thanks, Scottay! You too!
I'm sure..
And the FF was probably just waiting for the roots to hit the res!
You hit that nail on the head, Shed! That's exactly what happened...
What I did on Tuesday morning, was raise the rez level, and lessen the air gap by an inch- and seriously, 4 hours later, I began to see a change...and she hasn't stopped since (up 1.5" from yesterday)

Adjusting the water level was pretty simple stuff....
If I angle that white pipe downward, I've got a 3 gallon rez/apx.2.5" air gap- If I angle it upward, I get a 4 gallon rez/apx.1.5" air gap...the 4 gallon version (the one that works) also exposes apx 50 more cubic inches of media to the water...this seems to be the "sweet spot" in there..🍬

I'll replace that short pipe with an elbow, if I can find one that size- otherwise, this one's working ok...
adjustable overflow.JPG

10 days on the box CK. :)
Maybe even sooner...testing will commence in a few minutes...:smokin:

Coolest rig ever!
Thanks so much, Stone..👍

And, 3 weeks later, I finally made it work!:hmmmm:
Looks good. What size container is that buddy?
Thank you, Scottay- It seems to be about a 17 gallon- I thought it was 20, but not quite...
No indication anywhere on it of capacity..

That's some top-level tinkering there, Carcass! :Rasta:

That's some top-level tinkering there, Carcass! :Rasta:
Thanks, GDB!
I'm surprised at the difference it made- I guess she was just thirsty (without the droop) for the first ten days or so.. :hmmmm:
She just wasn't willing to go that extra inch....🤪

Adjusting the water level was pretty simple stuff....
If I angle that white pipe downward, I've got a 3 gallon rez/apx.2.5" air gap- If I angle it upward, I get a 4 gallon rez/apx.1.5" air gap...the 4 gallon version (the one that works) also exposes apx 50 more cubic inches of media to the water...this seems to be the "sweet spot" in there..🍬

I'll replace that short pipe with an elbow, if I can find one that size- otherwise, this one's working ok...
adjustable overflow.JPG

@Carcass the king of slick ass DIY!! Seriously that’s pretty fricking slick!!

Seriously that’s pretty fricking slick!!
Thanks, Man!
It could make it a little easier to dial in a new SIP ...🎯
Just don't wait ten days to do it..😁👍
Good, but not as good as it will be in (Shed called it again)- ten more days!
She's not as thirsty as she has been, so she's winding down...but, the buds are still growing, so she's not quite done yet..🤏

Omg you just RUINED butterflies for me!
This guy might ruin a few of them too :oops: ..there's a herd of these things on CK#2...
another spider.JPG

2 spiders, one fly...think they're gonna share?😁
Showdown.JPG

This guy might ruin a few of them too :oops: ..there's a herd of these things on CK#2...
another spider.JPG

2 spiders, one fly...think they're gonna share?😁
Showdown.JPG

Is it a date??

:smokin:Is it a date??
Ha! I hope so- the more spiders, the merrier!... 😁
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Happy Monday!
Time for an Update on what's growin' around here...

First is the 106 day old @Barney's Farm Critical Kush- flipped 70 days ago...
basking in the 160 watt glow of the NextLight 420h.... 😁

1.JPG

There's actually 9 or 10 more buds that you can't see from here...
2.JPG

Can't see them very well from here, either....harvest time is just around the corner, so we'll be able to see what she really looks like when she comes out of the box for the first(and last) time...
3.JPG

She's back to drinking a gallon a day, but temps have been in the 90's-
4.JPG

Her buds aren't very big...but early testing indicates that they're going to work pretty well..:nerd-with-glasses:..
5.JPG

And how about those outdoor ladies..?

They're both doing well, handling the 90 degree heat like they were made for that shit...😁

Both still growing a little- CK2 is 5'10", Somango is 5'2"...both flowering now.. drinking 2 gallons each, every other day w/ RxBlend nutes...
CK-Somango 6-24-24.JPG

It's hard to see detail outdoors, so I isolated a typical top to see the flowering progress..they're gettin' there...
This one's from the CK
CK#2.JPG

And the big SIP- the Forbidden Fruit found her footing in there, so she's going to be growing pretty fast for awhile...
SIP1.JPG

If you squint, you can see the branch spreader on those top branches- that may be the extent of her training....
SIP2.JPG

A closer look at the elbow that controls the water level in the SIP-
When I can no longer see the water in that clear tubing, it's time to top off the SIP...it's full now...
Got rid of the dipstick....
I raised the water level another gallon, so now it holds 5...and the FF is even happier...:morenutes:

I won't get the air coming in the overflow pipe, but the 1" fill pipe should let enough air into the "dome" to keep the roots happy...
Close up.JPG

And that's about it for today's update...
Thanks for looking,
And have a great week..:peace:

Back
Top Bottom