Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Monday!
Well, the 5 year old granddaughter has no school all week, and today is our day to babysit- so my journal update will be a day late again this week...
Have a great day, and I'll be back in here tomorrow with pics and stuff!
Not. Good. Enough.

I’ve been sat here waiting since 0400!

Happy Monday!
Well, the 5 year old granddaughter has no school all week, and today is our day to babysit- so my journal update will be a day late again this week...
Have a great day, and I'll be back in here tomorrow with pics and stuff!
Enjoy your day. :green_heart:
The journal can wait.
Stay safe.
Bill

And still we wait…
Omg I'm cracking up here.
You are just hilarious.
I could spend my day just following you around laughing my ass off. :laugh: :rofl:
Stay safe.
Bill

I’ve been sat here waiting since 0400!
Sorry about that, T! My schedule will probably be all screwed up till after the holidays...
The journal can wait.
Time with the grandkids has to come first- they aren't kids for very long... :love:
you could have sent her down here and not delayed your update!
Thanks! , but If I did that, I'd of missed out on this tiny bouquet she picked for me...:circle-of-love:
Lydians Bouquet.jpg

Isn't that just the cutest thing???

Better late than never.... it's time for an Update on the Blueberry Hill!

She's doing pretty well under the new Nextlight 420h- it's running at 135 watts, and the plant seems pretty happy with that- I'll slowly crank up the wattage as the plant gets bigger.

The SaugaView®:

1.jpg

I thought the branches would be past the edges of the pot by now, but they haven't quite reached it yet..
2.jpg

She's 6" tall now, still fed 3.5g/gal of mc- she's 32 days old today, and seems pretty happy..

3.jpg

Damn. that's a lotta sticks!- there's a few more now because I'm using them to direct some of the inner branches to the outside edge of the pot...
4.jpg

And a pic of the other, faster growing side -these branches are about an inch longer than the ones in the pic above- no big thing, it'll even out in a few more weeks...
5.jpg

One of the main tops ...it's got a while to go before I let it grow upward...
7.jpg

And finally- these 2 leaves are the only ones to complain about the new light- I guess that's light burn, but whatever it is, it's not happening anymore, and it hasn't gotten any worse in the last 5 days...
6.jpg

And that's about all I can say about that one right now...
Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support!
And please, stay safe out there!

Sorry about that, T! My schedule will probably be all screwed up till after the holidays...

Time with the grandkids has to come first- they aren't kids for very long... :love:

Thanks! , but If I did that, I'd of missed out on this tiny bouquet she picked for me...:circle-of-love:
Lydians Bouquet.jpg

Isn't that just the cutest thing???

Better late than never.... it's time for an Update on the Blueberry Hill!

She's doing pretty well under the new Nextlight 420h- it's running at 135 watts, and the plant seems pretty happy with that- I'll slowly crank up the wattage as the plant gets bigger.

The SaugaView®:

1.jpg

I thought the branches would be past the edges of the pot by now, but they haven't quite reached it yet..
2.jpg

She's 6" tall now, still fed 3.5g/gal of mc- she's 32 days old today, and seems pretty happy..

3.jpg

Damn. that's a lotta sticks!- there's a few more now because I'm using them to direct some of the inner branches to the outside edge of the pot...
4.jpg

And a pic of the other, faster growing side -these branches are about an inch longer than the ones in the pic above- no big thing, it'll even out in a few more weeks...
5.jpg

One of the main tops ...it's got a while to go before I let it grow upward...
7.jpg

And finally- these 2 leaves are the only ones to complain about the new light- I guess that's light burn, but whatever it is, it's not happening anymore, and it hasn't gotten any worse in the last 5 days...
6.jpg

And that's about all I can say about that one right now...
Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support!
And please, stay safe out there!
It's too bad there isn't a pot leaf in the first pic.
Hands down picture of the month. :green_heart:
Stay safe.
Bill

Good morning C Horse :)

So first and foremost, about time you showed up your grow is looking as beautiful as always. And yes grandchildren are adorable… until they cough in your mouth or sneeze directly on your lunch (it’s funny coz it’s true).

I do have a question. Wtf is this?

54E6452E-FA61-4D25-98F4-44E05583F469.jpeg

Coz right now I’m imagining a home made telephone and you are on the other side, can in hand singing something like Unchained Melody!

317BCA03-F561-452C-BBFF-9284D4B9B0BB.jpeg

OoooooOh, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your smoke…
A long, grow tent time
And time goes by so slowly…

It's too bad there isn't a pot leaf in the first pic.
Hands down picture of the month.
Thanks, Bill - it's funny- her mom used to do the same thing 30 years ago :love:
I do have a question. Wtf is this?

That is a cover for the temperature probe, so the light doesn't hit it directly- I adjust it up or down to match the height of the canopy...
Here's what's at the other end:
Thermometer.jpg

Thanks, Bill - it's funny- her mom used to do the same thing 30 years ago

My son would bring me rocks. “This one is a special one mummy…” and funny thing, his son brings him rocks. So strange how we inherit behaviours via dna.

That is a cover for the temperature probe, so the light doesn't hit it directly- I adjust it up or down to match the height of the canopy...
Here's what's at the other end:
Not for me T. For me on the other end of that line is you bursting out in full song.

❤️❤️❤️

For me on the other end of that line is you bursting out in full song.
I can guarantee you, no one wants to hear that shit! :oops:

I can guarantee you, no one wants to hear that shit! :oops:
Bollocks. I think Mark Twain said it best when he wrote these famous, inspiring and powerful words.

“Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening and fuck like you’re being filmed…”

He was certainly ahead of his time.

You have so much headroom in the box that I have no doubt this one can get a lot taller than the past grows.
Thanks, Shed!
13 inches more headroom than a year ago, so I could theoretically grow a 2.5 footer in there if the plant cooperates!

Ha!....I'll do it for you: "using that fancy light on that old box is like putting lipstick on a pig" :rofl: :)
Dude don't say stuff like that, you better hope that Miss Piggy isn't a member here at 420 or she'd be gunnin for you....:rofl:

That's a good idea, but I'll need to find a crate (or something) to fit a 3 gallon pot...seems like I've seen
smaller plastic crates at the dollar store- I'll have to check that out!

It is! - Although the binder clip idea is what I'll probably end up doing...

I may not need pot elevators anymore, since I installed the new ceiling in "the box" ;)

What do I mean by "new ceiling"? :hmmmm:

Well, one of the prizes for GJotM is a new grow light- a Nextlight 420H to be exact...It got here yesterday afternoon....It's actually a little big for my application, but I'm going to make it work.

So, the light measures 25"x24.75", and the ol' grow box measures 24"x24", so with a little adapting, It should fit ...although, 420 watts is a little more than I need in there, but the dimmer feature will allow me to turn it down to an acceptable level.
a few pics:
The light is actually the "top" of the box now...This is a nice light- the term "industrial art" comes to mind...
2.jpg

The box used to be 44" tall, now it's 48" from floor to light.
I've got a few little light leaks to fix, but other than that, it's a pretty good fit.

The light is running at apx. 25% right now, and the temp of the heatsink is only 80f, since most of the light is actually outside the box, it only raised the temp inside the box about 1 degree..(that thermometer in the rear left corner is the inside temp of the box)

The "ugly assed box, beautiful light" irony is not lost on me.... :)

1.jpg

And my new "ceiling" from the inside- cool thing is the lux readings are the same at the walls and in the corners, as they are in the center.

It'll be pretty easy to burn plants with this much wattage in there, so I'll probably only be able to turn it up to 50% or so (210 watts) That's the plan, anyway. I will have to be careful...
3.jpg

So that's what I've been working on so far today...took a little longer than planned, but most things seem to anymore... :)
I kind of hated to retire the Hydra 1000- it worked well for the last 2 plants in here, but I think a few more watts will get my yields above the 5oz.per plant that seems to be the limit with 100 watts.

And here's the @Herbies Seeds Blueberry Hill, happily basking in the very white light of the Nextlight 420H:
5.jpg

And that's that! "Not enough light" is never going to be a problem... :oops:

Sorry I didn't get any pics of the light before I installed it, but I totally forgot til it was too late.

And Thank you to @420 for the cool contest, and @NextLight for the great light!

I hope everyone's week is going well, and thanks for looking!
Great adapting for the Nextlight! Happy Thanksgiving Carcass!

Back
Top Bottom