Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Time for an update. Better do it while I have the time. ;-)

First up, the reveg is going well on the main one:

Reveg_3-14.jpg

Next is the White Widow clone. I did bend it over so it would lose that stretchy thing. The leaves are funky and spiraling, now I know why so I'm not worried about it. I'm just happy it's finally getting some growth:

White_Widow_CLone_3-14.jpg

Here's a cool pic of one of the spiral leaves:

Spiral_Leaf.jpg

The flowering girls were fed this morning. Going good so far, I will get some pics over the weekend.
Have a great night everyone. Been another long day and I'm heading under my 'lectric blanket early. I want lots of rest so I can play with the butter machine the next two days. Might even get up the energy to clean the house. LOL

Brilliant unusual photo Canna! :thanks:

Nature is amazing! Why would re-veging leaves be different? Where canna re-vegs in nature and evolution (if you believe) would have taken place, what is the advantage of spiralling leaves?

All these questions!:lot-o-toke:
:thanks:
I really don't know AJ, it's quizzical for sure. The Reveg plant that I have going purposefully had funky leaves but they didn't really spiral in this way. It's cool, but curious. LOL

:thanks:
I really don't know AJ, it's quizzical for sure. The Reveg plant that I have going purposefully had funky leaves but they didn't really spiral in this way. It's cool, but curious. LOL

It would suggest that flowering leaves and vegging leaves are different.........and the leaves are reverting to a vegging configuration. I had a plant outside last year that produced single leaves a foot long and 3 inches wide..........a purple kush, then the leaves went back to normal and it finished normally.

Don't the leaves spiral around and wrap up on themselves to be able to form a calyx for seed? McLoadie, am I right on how that goes? I took pics of the whole seed making process and it sure seems like that's what had happened.

Not exactly, calyx form in a couple of different configurations, you have the ones that form by the petioles.....the sexing ones, and then you have the ones inside the bud that hopefully make up most of the bud. The ones in the bud are the juicy ones we like to consume, and the ones on the petioles are the ones that are too much trouble to collect..........but are still covered with trichs, if they are too far away from the bud they are left on the stem during the trim. Calyx are formed of themselves. My revegging plants are puttin out singles right now, and will soon begin to form normal leaves...........I have 20 plants doing it now........they are all foxtailed up!

It would suggest that flowering leaves and vegging leaves are different.........and the leaves are reverting to a vegging configuration. I had a plant outside last year that produced single leaves a foot long and 3 inches wide..........a purple kush, then the leaves went back to normal and it finished normally.

It also suggests that early re-veg leaves are different to normal veg leaves? But Why? Not expecting a definite answer Mac, I'm just curious.

I was wandering if it was advantageous to growing through last year’s dead top growth?

Nature doesn’t generally do much for no reason.

Anyway we should leave Canna alone to get busy with the Butter machine!

It also suggests that early re-veg leaves are different to normal veg leaves? But Why? Not expecting a definite answer Mac, I'm just curious.

I was wandering if it was advantageous to growing through last year’s dead top growth?

Nature doesn’t generally do much for no reason.

Anyway we should leave Canna alone to get busy with the Butter machine!

LOL, AJ. I'm playing the waiting game now. Have tincture going in it and it takes 4 hours. Can't wait to try that tonight!

Thanks McLoadie for answering that question on the calyx's. I have been curious about that since the first seed was growing. :thumb:
I didn't pay quite close enough attention in the beginning.

It also suggests that early re-veg leaves are different to normal veg leaves? But Why? Not expecting a definite answer Mac, it's just curious.

I was wandering if it was advantageous to growing through last year's dead top growth?

Nature doesn't generally do much for no reason.

hey aj, it seems that the plant is producing more surface area for photosyn to take place, I mean they put out more leaves during transition back to veg, but they appear to make up around the same surface area as normal leaves would if they were present. The plant produces non differentiated cells, these cells are then etched with rna that gives them their purpose, and the ability...configurationwise, to perform that purpose. The mapping is decided by the conditions the plant is experiencing.....what it requires to reproduce....which is all a plant seeks to do.

LOL, AJ. I'm playing the waiting game now. Have tincture going in it and it takes 4 hours. Can't wait to try that tonight!

Thanks McLoadie for answering that question on the calyx's. I have been curious about that since the first seed was growing. :thumb:
I didn't pay quite close enough attention in the beginning.

There are only so many hours in a day canna, LOL, you will notice very subtle details as time goes by...........which gives you a more intimate knowledge of the cannabis specifically. All your time and attention is well spent!

I'm not growing through last years growth, I made a mistake; I got the clones from oakland, I was told they were on a 18/6 light schedule, I put them on 18/6, and started cutting the light back very slowly to match the hours of daylight at my projected planting day...when they go outside. They went into flower.........I put the light to 24 on and they're coming out of flower, and when they are out far enough I'll start to cut the light back slowly again....way slowly, and I hope they don't try to flower again before fall. I am working on a comprehensive backup plan now....these 20 are all mothers, so I have that going for me.....I just want the cuts from them, or from the best of them! I take full responsibility for my error, partially a lack of experience, and partially because of misinformation............I am an honest grower and I don't try to make excuses for my screw ups, we all learned from my blunder, and it won't get past me next time. All my plants are VERY healthy and I think they'll be fine for what I need them for. The cloner is sterilized and just waiting for me to fill it!

I'm not growing through last years growth, I made a mistake; I got the clones from oakland, I was told they were on a 18/6 light schedule, I put them on 18/6, and started cutting the light back very slowly to match the hours of daylight at my projected planting day...when they go outside. They went into flower.........I put the light to 24 on and they're coming out of flower, and when they are out far enough I'll start to cut the light back slowly again....way slowly, and I hope they don't try to flower again before fall. I am working on a comprehensive backup plan now....these 20 are all mothers, so I have that going for me.....I just want the cuts from them, or from the best of them! I take full responsibility for my error, partially a lack of experience, and partially because of misinformation............I am an honest grower and I don't try to make excuses for my screw ups, we all learned from my blunder, and it won't get past me next time. All my plants are VERY healthy and I think they'll be fine for what I need them for. The cloner is sterilized and just waiting for me to fill it!

Well, dang...if we didn't make "blunders" we wouldn't learn anything. LOL I like that you can admit to making mistakes, that's a rarity in my world. LOL
I will always admit when I've goofed...sometimes even when I don't have to. :rofl:

Well, dang...if we didn't make "blunders" we wouldn't learn anything. LOL I like that you can admit to making mistakes, that's a rarity in my world. LOL
I will always admit when I've goofed...sometimes even when I don't have to. :rofl:

We are much stronger collectively, I have within earshot hundreds of years experience.......open discussion is not only productive, but absolutely necessary...............I am given tons of freedom to do what I do BECAUSE of my honesty.........my work is monitored, but I don't get instructions other than the prime directive; "grow copious amounts of potent, medical grade, organic cannabis". LOL, and of course strain selection, which may include factors that I am ignorant of.

Back
Top Bottom