Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

The flowering girls are looking great- what a nice lush jungle! Your journal moves so fast I get lost sometimes. Do you still have some under HPS and some under your brilliant CFL fixtures?

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

It really did not bother me until now.I will more then likely just replace them and keep the cheapo's for back up.I can't believe I have not addressed this yet.As much as I have read about it.Tomorrow for sure.:high-five:
Good on you Jimmy! Don't do what I did...assume I won't have a problem. LOL

The flowering girls are looking great- what a nice lush jungle! Your journal moves so fast I get lost sometimes. Do you still have some under HPS and some under your brilliant CFL fixtures?
Thank you PeeJay. I have one plant that is still giving me some really odd spotting on the leaves. It's driving me crazy. I think I will get another pic tomorrow and have some kind of contest to see who can figure it out. LOL I posted a pic a while back and no one had seen anything like that.
I do still have one plant under the CFL fixture. She's doing good, and thank you for reminding me that I failed to get a pic of her. The timer peeved me off and I got dismantled in the head. :laughtwo:

Here is the original post on the leaf spotting:
Maybe someone here has seen this problem since I posted it the first time??

And this is the leaf issue on one of the clones.
I think the soil mix is ready to start having nutes added. I'll be doing that tonight at 1/4 strength. I do let the pots dry out completely before watering. I have inspected the leaves under and over for bugs as well as the soil, no bugs. Anyone know what this might be?

Leaf_issue_12-6_2.jpg
Leaf_Issue_12-6_1.jpg

Here's what I'm thinking is a possible issue based on very low humidity in the veggie room right now:
Toxicity
Young and newer growth developes chlorotic dark orange to dark rusty brown molting, first on young leaves then progressing to older leaves. Slow growth and loss of vigor. Toxicity is compounded by low humidity.

I do have a small humidifier that I will add to the room tonight too. I am burning wood for heat, which dries the air and it is getting colder by the day in my area.
Just looking for opinions and hoping someone else has had this leaf problem and knows what caused it.

I don't have much experience dealing with deficiencies myself, but I did a lot of reading about purple stems and magnesium deficiency back in october. Purple stems can be ok and are often genetic. Purple on the leaf veins is a sign of Magnesium deficency. The discoloration and spotting will start where the stem meets the leaves and crawl outward. It is primarily on the veins and is spotty before the color fills is. Mag deficiency also causes the outer edge of the leaves to curl upwards all over the plant sometimes. It looks like what I'm seeing in your picture, but I'm no expert.

Also, Canna you need to go see the crazyness Dyold has going on. He speaks of you in his recent posts.

Huh? I lost part of that last post somewhere. The lines on the leaves range from a liver-color to more purple tones (necrosis) and is accompanied by chlorosis (the chlorophy producing choloplasts fail). Chlorosis is a fancy name for leaf yellowing.

Thanks Peejay, I'm going to research that magnesium deficiency tomorrow a bit and see what I can come up with. I've looked at all the charts available on 420 and couldn't come up with anything even close to those type of "spot" lines.
I'll head over to Dyolds' grow, it's been too long since I checked in there anyway. Need some inspiration for that big grow I will do someday. LOL
Have a great night!

mag222.jpg
mag111.jpg
I hear you on the deficiency charts not showing that exactly, Canna. I base my scetchy diagnosis on off site reading mostly and looking at lots of pictures of mag deficiency on things like maple trees as well. Jay? Jay? Calling Jay. Here are a couple of pictures of a mag deficiency from an age old completed journal that look remarkably like what you have going on.

I hear you on the deficiency charts not showing that exactly, Canna. I base my scetchy diagnosis on off site reading mostly and looking at lots of pictures of mag deficiency on things like maple trees as well. Jay? Jay? Calling Jay. Here are a couple of pictures of a mag deficiency from an age old completed journal that look remarkably like what you have going on.

I believe I saw that picture before somewhere. LOL I remember looking at the spots and thinking mine were tiny tiny spots with no ring of lighter color around them and mine don't look like stains. They look more like individual pin head size spots in the hundreds. I do have one plant that suffered mag def. and the leaves looked like what you posted, included the edges and tips browned.
This is different, but it could very well be the magnesium.
I'm going to give it a shot of Cal/Mag again next time and maybe give it with each feed for the next 3 or so and see what happens to any more leaves. I was only dosing it once every couple of feeds before.
Thanks for taking the time to find that and your suggestions!

If you look at the bottom of the second picture you will see the spots. Also notice that in both cases all the discoloration is located on veins primarily. There are differences, to be sure, but there are also many similarities. Have you noticed that looking at pictures of mag def you see a lot of different things? It's a crazy the variations the deficiency shows in different plants. It's like stumbling around in a blizzard trying to find an exact match. If only the process was like modern medicine, your plant was insured, you could take it to the clinic, and they could order up a battery of expensive tests and get and expensive prescription cure for a reasonable co-pay. :hmmmm: What this country needs is OCanna Care, damit!

Thanks Peejay, I'm going to research that magnesium deficiency tomorrow a bit and see what I can come up with. I've looked at all the charts available on 420 and couldn't come up with anything even close to those type of "spot" lines.
I'll head over to Dyolds' grow, it's been too long since I checked in there anyway. Need some inspiration for that big grow I will do someday. LOL
Have a great night!

Usually bottom to top probs are mobile nutes and top to bottom probs are immobile. Mag's mobile and Calcium's immobile and both seem to bring out the worst in each other...much like some marriages, lol. Red in my experience is Calcium usually and purple usually Mag. I'd say your root zone is either to wet or to cold or both. Give the one plant a dose of Grandma's or Cal/Mag but don't over do it. Actually, depending how the plant looks overall, I'd probably just dilute some Cal/Mag and foliar feed the bad spots and see what happens. If that's the issue, it will correct faster than watering. Just be careful with the lights, your timer's on the blink anyways so just let the rest of the room's lighting keep her awake when you spray and then turn 'em on once dry...shouldn't take more than an hour.

If you look at the bottom of the second picture you will see the spots. Also notice that in both cases all the discoloration is located on veins primarily. There are differences, to be sure, but there are also many similarities. Have you noticed that looking at pictures of mag def you see a lot of different things? It's a crazy the variations the deficiency shows in different plants. It's like stumbling around in a blizzard trying to find an exact match. If only the process was like modern medicine, your plant was insured, you could take it to the clinic, and they could order up a battery of expensive tests and get and expensive prescription cure for a reasonable co-pay. :hmmmm: What this country needs is OCanna Care, damit!

+1

Great looking journal. Wow canna you are all over the place very busy. lots off good info put up in the last few days. great idea on the timers. some things you can go cheap on others not so much. you will figure out the issues it lloks like your having you have a lot of good advice on here. keep up the good work

Okay, I got to thinking this morning on this leaf problem...(I know, thinking is dangerous. LOL)
Thinking back on when this problem started, it was when the plant was a clone in veg. I had stopped using rain water and began using the water from a faucet in my barn straight from the well. I remember last year testing the PPM of the water and KingJohnC (I'm reasonably sure of that) said the PPM's would be fine. I can't even remember what the number was right now.
I adjust my PH on the water to the suggested numbers, but am I supposed to be adjusting the PPM's with something too??
I guess I'm a bit confused on the importance of PPM's in soil growing....if I need to adjust it..what's my procedure?
Thanks in advance if someone can help make a clear spot in my brain on this subject.

:rofl: yeah, and O'canna care would actually help people who really need it!!

Great looking journal. Wow canna you are all over the place very busy. lots off good info put up in the last few days. great idea on the timers. some things you can go cheap on others not so much. you will figure out the issues it lloks like your having you have a lot of good advice on here. keep up the good work
Thanks Kushington, I am a busy busy gal. I like to stay busy, keeps me thin. A little too thin lately. LOL
And yes, the advice and information is awesome 'round these parts. ;-)

Lots Happening Canna - caught up. Sorry about the timer - I'm worried about that myself. Looking into good one. I don't need to burn the darn house down! YIKES!
Good gr8ful! Don't forget that reachable updated/inspected fire extinguisher in your grow area!

Hey Canna :) Timers lol. As I found out through Gert ahhh! One thing not to scrimp on!! On the fire safety bit my work men are comming soon to update all my fire stuff and instal fire blanket right on the wall next to my grow spot lol. :) Really nice of them to be honest lol.
Best of buds to you!!

Ooohhhh, fire blanket! I like that idea ....a lot!
That ought to ease your mind a bunch LA. :thumb:
Thanks for the additional idea there. :)

On my way to work this morning....should I say as I slid into work this morning...the strangest phenomenon occurred. The clouds parted and this big round yellowish ball appeared in the sky. When I got out of my car I felt warmth hit my face. I gazed at it in pure wonderment before it sadly slipped back behind the clouds.....

I shall venture forth on some research to see what it could possibly have been!

Back
Top Bottom