Buds growing

So if both of your males are flowering and your female is not yet, are you planning to harvest and save the pollen?
Probably. Im thinking of throwing away the Male that Doesnt have many pollen Sacks and harvest the ones from the almost finished Male and then Putting the female in the Greenhouse instead of outside

I'd love to see new pics of all three plants if you don't mind, the whole plant, but up closer if you can?
Yeah ofcourse
The Female is 100cm x 60cm x 70cm
1723807409635.jpg
1723807409617.jpg
1723808053120.jpg
1723808053128.jpg
1723808053146.jpg

And the Male is 105cm x 70cm x 70cm
1723807409661.jpg
1723807409686.jpg
1723807409670.jpg
1723807409650.jpg

Sadly i threw away the other Male right before you asked to See her but i got a Pick from 3 days ago that is somewhat close (he only Had small/few Sacks so yeah)
1723555012156.jpg

Interesting thing is that so far we know that the plants are photo-period. No mention if the seeds were from a known stain or even if all 3 seeds were the same strain.

In my photo below of a male plant with developing flowers none of the balls are ready yet to release pollen. Pollen will not release until the balls open and separate into what looks like a bunch of bananas and the small white flower starts to show.

Sadly i threw away the other Male right before you asked to See her but i got a Pick from 3 days ago that is somewhat close (he only Had small/few Sacks so yeah)
And most likely the plant would have developed more male flowers . They all would have gotten larger. Plus as the plant grows taller it would continue to produce male flowers at the top which would continue to grow larger. The largest male flowers will be at the bottom. If you are going through all this work in an attempt to produce seeds it is best to be sure that you have the healthiest female and male plants.

I hope that you have done some research on what the "balls" will look like when they open up and what they will look like when they start to release pollen.

The pollen is a tiny grain that is so light it will float on the air. It will be a creamy white to light yellow color. There are ways to collect and store pollen. And there are methods of pollinating just one branch on a female plant so that the rest of the plant can still be dried and cured for smoking or for making edibles.

Royal Queen Seeds has several decent short articles on pollen collecting and pollinating. One of the best articles is from Dutch Passion Seed Company and includes some good photos to help show the methods involved in pollen collecting, storage and use.

full

Interesting thing is that so far we know that the plants are photo-period. No mention if the seeds were from a known stain or even if all 3 seeds were the same strain.

In my photo below of a male plant with developing flowers none of the balls are ready yet to release pollen. Pollen will not release until the balls open and separate into what looks like a bunch of bananas and the small white flower starts to show.

And most likely the plant would have developed more male flowers . They all would have gotten larger. Plus as the plant grows taller it would continue to produce male flowers at the top which would continue to grow larger. The largest male flowers will be at the bottom. If you are going through all this work in an attempt to produce seeds it is best to be sure that you have the healthiest female and male plants.

I hope that you have done some research on what the "balls" will look like when they open up and what they will look like when they start to release pollen.

The pollen is a tiny grain that is so light it will float on the air. It will be a creamy white to light yellow color. There are ways to collect and store pollen. And there are methods of pollinating just one branch on a female plant so that the rest of the plant can still be dried and cured for smoking or for making edibles.

Royal Queen Seeds has several decent short articles on pollen collecting and pollinating. One of the best articles is from Dutch Passion Seed Company and includes some good photos to help show the methods involved in pollen collecting, storage and use.

full
The Strain should be master Kush, they all came from the same Weed plant/buds(got it from a good friend/dealer) and the Male is definetily healthy and strong (never Had any pests, infection or deficiencys. The Female is also the same (shes only a Bit less bushier and the only Problem for both was the sun while growing) other then that they we're Always healthy and never Made Problems! I threw away the 2nd Male cause i only need the Pollen from one Male cause im only gonna do it once. Imma Look Up some ways on how to pollinate only 1-2 stems cause i want the other ones for Smoking😂🤷🏻‍♂️ i know somewhat when they are ready to collect the Pollen! For the Wind Problem i have him in a small Greenhouse when the Pollen comes im gonna Put a trap under IT and Close the Greenhouse for 2-3 days

They look so happy and full now, with the addition of sun! I love your little tent, I want one!
Yes definetily! They got much more bushier and bigger! I got that tent for Like 40€ or something im thinking about buying a slightly bigger one so my mother can Put her plants in there If she needs more space again😂😂 but idk If i should get the 2mx2mx2m or the 3mx2mx2m
1723854398798.jpg
1723854398789.jpg

full
So i Just saw that the First Ballsacks opened and releases some Pollen! Ive Put some plastic bags under the plant and removed the Female from the Greenhouse for a few days until i Feel Like i got enought Pollen.
1724091262595.jpg
1724091262603.jpg
1724091262600.jpg

Do you know when the perfect time to pollinate is?
Good question. Before too many of the stigma/pistils have started to turn brown. So while the buds have that white or pale color.

Then once fertilized the plant has to be kept around long enough for the seeds to ripen. I have read or heard that it can be 3 to 4 weeks for that. Wait to long for pollinating and you might have to harvest the rest of the plant and still keep it going because the seeds are not ready yet.

Good question. Before too many of the stigma/pistils have started to turn brown. So while the buds have that white or pale color.

Then once fertilized the plant has to be kept around long enough for the seeds to ripen. I have read or heard that it can be 3 to 4 weeks for that. Wait to long for pollinating and you might have to harvest the rest of the plant and still keep it going because the seeds are not ready yet.
Well she got a lot of Long pistils but Not really any big buds so it should be in the timeline

Well she got a lot of Long pistils but Not really any big buds so it should be in the timeline
Yes. As the bug gets larger the older part will already be showing signs that the pistils are drying out.

You have the plants to get more pollen if needed and the plant that can be pollinated. Maybe do one branch this week and do the other branch in a week or so.

Let us know what you do and then keep in touch so we can find out how it works out.

Yes. As the bug gets larger the older part will already be showing signs that the pistils are drying out.

You have the plants to get more pollen if needed and the plant that can be pollinated. Maybe do one branch this week and do the other branch in a week or so.

Let us know what you do and then keep in touch so we can find out how it works out.
Alright thx👍 im gonna pollinate her in a couple hours before i Close the Greenhouse (its currently pretty windy outside)

Whatsup? So i Just did the second branch and i pollinated the first branch again just to be sure.
1725184842462.jpg
1725184842469.jpg

I also marked them with a cable tie so i know wich one was pollinated.
1725184842477.jpg

+ Shes almost to big for the Greenhouse (Like 1.8m height) If she keeps growing in the Last few weeks of her life then idk what i should do😂😂
1725185223954.jpg

+ Shes almost to big for the Greenhouse (Like 1.8m height) If she keeps growing in the Last few weeks of her life then idk what i should do😂😂
There are training methods that can be done. The longer top branches are bent over. Not that hard to do but sometimes newer growers often have not developed the confidence so they worry. But, it is easy to do and the plant continues to grow without getting into the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom