Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

Beautiful garden as always.. maybe try out those 3 gal tall pots they have at the greenhouse megastore, not the regular 3 gal. Not as wide so maybe plants wont be as bushy and big if ya dont fill em up all the way. I got a couple they look good am gonna use em for autos so they veg longer.. testing the theory of taller pots means a longer veg time for autos.

Glad you got a bit of a break.. enjoy the vacation lol!:surf:

Beautiful garden as always.. maybe try out those 3 gal tall pots they have at the greenhouse megastore, not the regular 3 gal. Not as wide so maybe plants wont be as bushy and big if ya dont fill em up all the way. I got a couple they look good am gonna use em for autos so they veg longer.. testing the theory of taller pots means a longer veg time for autos.

Glad you got a bit of a break.. enjoy the vacation lol!:surf:

Thx toasted....do you mean the Root Pouch grays? Bought a 25 pk. of those but haven't used them yet. Mixed feeling about going larger pot as already get pretty big plants in 2's. :thanks:

looking awesome bl! Just curious, what is your preferred method for drying/curing when harvesting? Im sorry if youve posted this a hundred times lol i cant seem to remember everything
:passitleft:

Nothing fancy Pj......no wet trim except to pull off large fans, hang entire plant for 3-7 days depending on season, put into ventilated box for 2nd stage dry, trim or put into half gal. jars until trim time, put into final jars after trim. All drying done before placing into final jars....no drying in jars only cure. :Namaste:

A couple of new ones.....as mentioned always a couple of high sativa % or lean strains ea. run. Let's see how these pics appear.....I dislike posting out of focus pics & have noticed some pics, especially close ups turn up fuzzy/blurred after posting to 420. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Swamp Boys 3D. Nigerian x WiFi 3
They love their Nigerian used in many strains. Have seen it linked to the Nigerian used by Top Dawg & also to Nigerian Silk but IDK for sure. Have stayed away from growing African genetics as most I've smoked aren't really my cup of tea....not exactly comfortable highs. Nigerian supposed to be strong but mellower. Tried a 52 day sampler last night.....well WiFi 3 I do know & is one of OGR's orig. WiFi cuts that is pretty energizing by itself. Together it's a physically energizing/active strain reminiscent of an old time sativa....not as mentally euphoric as say a Haze or Amnesia or Thai. Decent 1st impression. Sativa style buds bulked up thankfully by the WiFi. Metallic minty terps.

Connoisseur Lemon N Lime Jones. Casey Jones x Haze
Been sitting on these for awhile....entire time thought I had a pack of Casey Jones x SSSDH, which I thought would be a double dose of ECSD crossed to some legit. sativa. Turns out this fem version is CJ x Haze. Not SSSDH, which is a long time favorite & very familiar to me. But this is ONLY the Haze from SSSDH. So likely this strain is ~90% sativa. The buds were paltry & skimpy like a landrace sativa. At 6 wks. the buds were seemingly a production joke. I'm like WTF....CJ is supposed to build big buds? It wasn't until then that I checked & saw I was growing something different...hahaha. The Haze was in control of this pheno. Then during 7th wk. they started filling out. Also noteworthy was the emergence of an intense sharp citrus smell replacing most of the earlier haze, nutty smell. Odd for so late. Not sampled yet. The Casey Jones x SSSDH is actually Sour Hazy Jones. Laughing at myself....can't even buy the seeds I want correctly.

:peace: :Namaste:

I'll be interested to see what you think of the Casey Jones x SSSDH. I was looking at CJ crosses for awhile last year.

I have a SSSDH in veg right now, due for flip in a few more weeks. :slide:

Laughing at myself....can't even buy the seeds I want correctly.
I had to do the same thing....just laugh. I wanted Lost Coast OG and bought Lost Coast Hashplant. Who knows...the hashplant might be the winner if I ever get around to growing the thing.

Sativas will come to my tent very soon :smokin:

When i get home from walkin the dog ill get a pic of the difference between the two. 3 gal talls are like the width of 2 gal pots but taller. So was saying you could fill with 2.5 gal and it would give them some extra room.

All my pics come out blurry on the site.. they compress them down and that is what causes it. If you wanted them to look the same you would have to resize them to be smaller then upload. Why i dont post pics too much anymore.. blah. Dont mean to cause a commotion. Just sucks cause you cant zoom in and look at trichs.

Whatever the jones is looks like a nice sativa.. nutty then citrus, sounds like some tasty complex terps. More beautiful flowers my friend. GLO is putting out their wifi crosses in a few weeks.. if interested lol.:):green_heart:

I'll be interested to see what you think of the Casey Jones x SSSDH. I was looking at CJ crosses for awhile last year.

I have a SSSDH in veg right now, due for flip in a few more weeks. :slide:

Exactly why IDK but haven't grown any Casey Jones until now. Used to get club weed versions ~10 yrs. ago when it 1st hit the West Coast. I consistently enjoyed it very much but took 10+ yrs. to get around to growing any. Some similarity & parallels to SSSDH. I also have Devil's Harvest pure CJ (love those 3 packs!) & Mamiko Casey Cookies. SoFresh in OR grows Casey Cookies....organic & mostly outdoors. Pics were inviting. Cookie sativa crosses have become a big personal favorite.

I had to do the same thing....just laugh. I wanted Lost Coast OG and bought Lost Coast Hashplant. Who knows...the hashplant might be the winner if I ever get around to growing the thing.

Sounds like you were looking at the HSO version of Lost Coast. Take a look at Emerald Triangle version too....grew it several times. A really nice strain....great effect, frosty, straight forward to grow. Everyone likes it.

Hey Sour Hazy Jones sounds like winner to me!

Me too! Wish I'd bought what I intended to buy...lol. Can live with what I got....what the hell, a new unexpected strain.
Sativas will come to my tent very soon :smokin:

Hahaha.....any long time 420 grow mates would expect that.....know how you love your sativas.

:passitleft:

When i get home from walkin the dog ill get a pic of the difference between the two. 3 gal talls are like the width of 2 gal pots but taller. So was saying you could fill with 2.5 gal and it would give them some extra room.

All my pics come out blurry on the site.. they compress them down and that is what causes it. If you wanted them to look the same you would have to resize them to be smaller then upload. Why i dont post pics too much anymore.. blah. Dont mean to cause a commotion. Just sucks cause you cant zoom in and look at trichs.

Whatever the jones is looks like a nice sativa.. nutty then citrus, sounds like some tasty complex terps. More beautiful flowers my friend. GLO is putting out their wifi crosses in a few weeks.. if interested lol.:):green_heart:

Casey Jones is Thai x Trainwreck X ECSD. That "nutty" description is one I use for Haze, some metallic hints too. Never expected the citrus takeover in week 7.....a nice surprise. Had no clue why he named it as he did until the late citrus smell came on strong.

I'm going to compare my 2's to the 3's. Thanks again for tip & also letting me know about your pics too. Using a phone isn't good for trich closeups.

Intended to buy certain strains if & when I could get them in 2018. Goal was less flyers & late night seat of the pants seed buying. Year to date status.....3 packs that I wanted.....4 more good ones but def. impulse buys or hard to resist sale pricing. I give myself a C+ grade....lol.

:high-five:

I just grabbed Ortega and Neville’s Skunk from Mr. Nice, definetly an impulse buy.

I'd like to run a few of Shantibaba's strains in packs. Maybe in a few months I'm gonna do it.

That's his flagship skunk line :)

Back
Top Bottom