Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Keeping nitrogen uptake under control is practically 80% of success when growing cannabis and opposite to folklore plants need it both throughout veg and flowering, cause it's a building block for all plant cells. All the other nutrients are minor in that regard, which content analysis clearly shows. In fact nitrogen should be used even right before the chop if plant is clearly lacking it.

Plants look the picture of health.
Good info. I like your approach brother.
So much to learn here.
Sobglad you have this tread up , and all thebgood people sharing here.
You guys make me feel like a toddler.
Always something to learn for me.
Thanks everyone.
Thank you brother bright for keeping this growing.
Much love from the kiefers.

Thats quite a line up BL! Everythings healthy and beautiful.
Youve probably read were I got russet mites. Yea!! I have NCW giving me the run down.
My question for you is with the salts in the soil....... using FF soil with FF nutes should I dump the old/used soil in the garden area? Or in the garbage can? Im thinking dumping the used potting soil in the garden area might cause a salt overload after awhile???

Them mites are nasty looking. Under the scope they look evil. I got up close and personal. I wonder it they are down your way?? I read where my area is the worst in the country! I had no sign of them last year and I know my yard is ALWAYS infested cause of the damage to some tomatoes I tried to grow one year. The Emdogs were coverd as were the Raskals, I pulled them and plastic bagged them. They were the oldest plants there. I hope I dont lose my Pergutorys or Bananas. Theyve noticbly have grown since I started their treatment 3 days ago. Scotts OG, My Indica Cross I bred and the MK Ultra are hardly infested. I think strains matter BL.
Fuck! My tent!! Ive got a challenge at hand! What fun. I read where Doc Bud I think said.... either youve got them or are about to get them. I can now relate.
Toasted I was told if your using FF nutes no need to check PPM cause It will always read fucked. Keep it at 6-2-6.5 ph the best you can.
Im going to go pull a few leafs and check. Many dead ones but a few acting like spring chickens yesterday.
Thanks BL! and great day to all.

Strains do matter Dutchess... I've had spider mites in my flower room and they do like some plants better than others. Same with molds. If you're growing outside with mother nature,, it's always a good thing to research all your seeds parentage. You don't want to be growing a say pure thai plant outside in Washington. Or alot of the Hazes. GL
Keepem Green

Good to see another soil grower talk about measuring pH and PPM.

Why not use every bit of info available, to grow best plants possible?

I also (fanatically) pH every drop. I measure runoff PPM, and slurry test. That smug attitude about pH being essentially irrelevant is pretty obnoxious. Sorta the bias that self righteous ideology brings. My plants like their pH stable.

Going to grab that SLF 100 for the next run. Worth a spot on the shelf I'm sure.
Looking forward to seeing your new lineup flower :high-five: They are looking like a crazy nice set. :love:

I don't even use anything on my plants in veg cept alittle blood meal and alittle ewc. Unless I see a problem or something. One of the most common mistakes,, least in my eyes, I see people bombing their veg plants with shit up around 1000 PPM in soil. I've fried all my brain cells to many times to get into all the technical jargon, just isn't any room in there. JK But it's sure nice to have access to all this info. I hear that Con, BL has been knocking them outta the park with his grows.......
Keepem Green

Plenty of pot knowledge left in your "fried brain cells". Heard of even higher....like in the 2000's, soil not hydro. All kinda ways & styles.

Keeping nitrogen uptake under control is practically 80% of success when growing cannabis and opposite to folklore plants need it both throughout veg and flowering, cause it's a building block for all plant cells. All the other nutrients are minor in that regard, which content analysis clearly shows. In fact nitrogen should be used even right before the chop if plant is clearly lacking it.

You think the time honored fade is really not the best way to go?

Plants look the picture of health.
Good info. I like your approach brother.
So much to learn here.
Sobglad you have this tread up , and all thebgood people sharing here.
You guys make me feel like a toddler.
Always something to learn for me.
Thanks everyone.
Thank you brother bright for keeping this growing.
Much love from the kiefers.

Haha..."toddler" that rolls out continuous frost! Thanks for saying....appreciate the good folks who drop by & post all the interesting info. :thanks:

Thats quite a line up BL! Everythings healthy and beautiful.
Youve probably read were I got russet mites. Yea!! I have NCW giving me the run down.
My question for you is with the salts in the soil....... using FF soil with FF nutes should I dump the old/used soil in the garden area? Or in the garbage can? Im thinking dumping the used potting soil in the garden area might cause a salt overload after awhile???

Them mites are nasty looking. Under the scope they look evil. I got up close and personal. I wonder it they are down your way?? I read where my area is the worst in the country! I had no sign of them last year and I know my yard is ALWAYS infested cause of the damage to some tomatoes I tried to grow one year. The Emdogs were coverd as were the Raskals, I pulled them and plastic bagged them. They were the oldest plants there. I hope I dont lose my Pergutorys or Bananas. Theyve noticbly have grown since I started their treatment 3 days ago. Scotts OG, My Indica Cross I bred and the MK Ultra are hardly infested. I think strains matter BL.
Fuck! My tent!! Ive got a challenge at hand! What fun. I read where Doc Bud I think said.... either youve got them or are about to get them. I can now relate.
Toasted I was told if your using FF nutes no need to check PPM cause It will always read fucked. Keep it at 6-2-6.5 ph the best you can.
Im going to go pull a few leafs and check. Many dead ones but a few acting like spring chickens yesterday.
Thanks BL! and great day to all.

Fine to amend & recondition soil to reuse. Maybe add in a little new soil to it too. Good flushing should have gotten a lot of salty shit out already. It will break down when you recondition it. Man sorry you're having so much bug problems. Those store bought clones may be a cause. I know you like those fancy clones like Darkheart Nursury, but even if they come in healthy & clean to the store but get parked next to a foul pest infested tray, the bugs will hop over. Quarantine & dipping to cleanse good most of the time but no guarantee. Eggs seem indestructible. Hope you nail them.

Good to see another soil grower talk about measuring pH and PPM.

Why not use every bit of info available, to grow best plants possible?

I also (fanatically) pH every drop. I measure runoff PPM, and slurry test. That smug attitude about pH being essentially irrelevant is pretty obnoxious. Sorta the bias that self righteous ideology brings. My plants like their pH stable.

Going to grab that SLF 100 for the next run. Worth a spot on the shelf I'm sure.
Looking forward to seeing your new lineup flower :high-five: They are looking like a crazy nice set. :love:

I always liked chemistry & have time. Borrowing from the hydro growers to add more precision helps me. SLF is a solid mainstay.....quietly does a lot of good work. You can just tell.....

Pulled out last of Luther Dogman x Trainwreck harvested day after Christmas '16. Stronger than when younger & I have penchant for the early fresh bud high. LD is Chem 4 x old Sensi Star. The deep well cured aged weed high. Green gradually fading away. Senior bud.
IMG_364715.jpg

:passitleft: :Namaste:

I have bud i harvested in late 2016, i want to try it at 1 year cured. Hope the extra time is worth the wait. .

Nice nugs BL.
Do these breeders breed inside or outside or both? Like TGA from Santa Rosa? I was just curious.
Im sure ive had these russet mites outside before. I know why my Tomatoes grew like shit last time. I did a Azamax drench on the yard grow and the tent is soon for the Aza. Im spraying with G.Cleaner. Next July I HAVE to Aza the yard grow all month. I might of did that last year. If so I wont forget next time. The tent will get treated with an Aza drench twice a month till flip too. I have Gbeans and a few sunflowers in the yard grow too and pulled some leafs and no bugs. Not one fucking Green Bean!! The vines look great but not a one of them. Russet mites dont like them looks like. I thought theyd be coverd. Im thinking grow some pest plant with them like Marigolds or Rosemary maybe. Maybe research that.
I was reading where you can make your own Alcohol spray and they say the ratio is 50/50. I think too much Alcohol?? Maybe 1/4-3/4 water? If you were going to add a oil like Rosemary how much per qt? Im thinking 1/4 tsp of oil per qt?? Im going to try to make my own Green Cleaner.
I sprayed them last night with the hose and Im going to go check for mites. Learnin and what fun!
All the fancy seeds I have will have to be grown inside Im thinking and grow what I bred outside cause I think maybe theyre more immune to pests???? Thanks BL.

I do have to spout out alittle something, something, if you dealt with bud rott in the fall on a plant, remember once a plant is infected,, it can outbreak anywhere. Not just your fingers spreading that shit it's vacular. And a 'real' common place to get bud rot is roots too. But once a plant has it, chances are good your root system had it too, and reusing this untreated soil could be a bad thing??? They say most problems start in the root zone. This Actinovate is supposed to help that. It eats the dead roots before molds get them. Least the short list.Use it as a drench. Now I'm not sure how it reacts if you are using a salt based fert. It is alive enzyme. Whats the difference between a hormone and an enzyme? Can't hear the enzyme... Oh well. But I'm not sure about the soil,,, maybe if someone turned it afew times and let the sun in migh help.. But that always worried me. New dirt for the last 3 grows here. Last year I had them Hemp Mites too.. I didn't trust any dirt after them sucker........ But now you do a nice clean grow without any molds,, I'd imagine it wood be great soil with alittle water...........
Just babbling
Keepem Green

What's up BL... Nice highs drom Christmas... they look fantastic still.. my buds don't last that long..

I've been using this Slf100 and I think I might need to cut back on my nutrients. All my plants seem to uptake more nutrients then normal. I've noticed my roots being nice and bright on transplants too..:thumb:

What's up BL... Nice highs drom Christmas... they look fantastic still.. my buds don't last that long..

I've been using this Slf100 and I think I might need to cut back on my nutrients. All my plants seem to uptake more nutrients then normal. I've noticed my roots being nice and bright on transplants too..:thumb:

Usually I'll run out sooner but harvesting 3x in 5 mos. gave me a lot of bud & variety. So wasn't intentional. Lol. SLF will help clean out any salty stuff & clear the media.....promoting more nutrient availability to plants. Less nutrients always a good thing if plants look good & yours' sure do. I use a tsp/gal in every watering & a tbs/gal every now & then to drop pH rise resulting from lots of Ca. Glad you like it! I now buy in gal. size.

Question for you....exactly what genetics is Seed Junky's Wedding Cake? See other versions of WC out there besides his. Narrowed his down to TK x Animal Mints but also saw somewhere that WC is a pheno of his Triangle Mints? IDK? Reason I ask is I picked up his WC x Gelato 33. Some of your influence on this.....:laughtwo: :high-five:

Usually I'll run out sooner but harvesting 3x in 5 mos. gave me a lot of bud & variety. So wasn't intentional. Lol. SLF will help clean out any salty stuff & clear the media.....promoting more nutrient availability to plants. Less nutrients always a good thing if plants look good & yours' sure do. I use a tsp/gal in every watering & a tbs/gal every now & then to drop pH rise resulting from lots of Ca. Glad you like it! I now buy in gal. size.

Question for you....exactly what genetics is Seed Junky's Wedding Cake? See other versions of WC out there besides his. Narrowed his down to TK x Animal Mints but also saw somewhere that WC is a pheno of his Triangle Mints? IDK? Reason I ask is I picked up his WC x Gelato 33. Some of your influence on this.....:laughtwo: :high-five:

What's up Bl... I've been using the spf once a week as directed but I think I'll it every watering and see how it goes... do you use it during your flushes?? I used it on my very first flush and have been running straightvtap since then..

The wedding cake is pheno #3 of SJ's Triangle mints. Triangle mints is Triangle kush x Animal mints (animal cookies x sin mints).. the strain isn't actually called wedding cake, it was just the best pheno from his hunt.. Birthday Cake use to be referred to as wedding cake, anniversary cake and now, pink cookies.. all 4 of them are GSC x Cherry pie.. different phenos maybe, not sure about that one.. The weeding cake pheno stacks hard and has a distinct smell.. I have a pack of his animal mints bx with wedding cake... oni seeds has a Papaya x Wedding cakes that looks killer... the gelato x Wedding Cake is going to be killer.. he has a whole new fem line up coming soon all crossed with his wedding cake so if you miss out there are more crosses on the way..(edit, you got them, freakin awesome... Symbiotic released some Purple Punch f2s that I grabbed instead of the gelatoxtrianglemints. I'm glade somebody here scooped some up... he has the real deal gelato too)

Morning Bl. You think these breeders breed outside or in? Both??

Me using Fox farm should I use the SPF too? I do have some sledge hammer flush and only used it once the last tent grow. Im not sure how important it is or just more hype?? Also flushing is for potted plant only, not the ones in the ground?

All these strains and breeders talked about are nice. Ive got a 3yr supply of bought seeds now! So no reason for me to google Symbiotic and look but here I go. Last time at the club I got a gram of Gelato 33 and it was killer. Great Day 420.

I have bud i harvested in late 2016, i want to try it at 1 year cured. Hope the extra time is worth the wait. .

A cool plan....let us know what you think when you do the 1 yr. test.

What's up Bl... I've been using the spf once a week as directed but I think I'll it every watering and see how it goes... do you use it during your flushes?? I used it on my very first flush and have been running straightvtap since then..

The wedding cake is pheno #3 of SJ's Triangle mints. Triangle mints is Triangle kush x Animal mints (animal cookies x sin mints).. the strain isn't actually called wedding cake, it was just the best pheno from his hunt.. Birthday Cake use to be referred to as wedding cake, anniversary cake and now, pink cookies.. all 4 of them are GSC x Cherry pie.. different phenos maybe, not sure about that one.. The weeding cake pheno stacks hard and has a distinct smell.. I have a pack of his animal mints bx with wedding cake... oni seeds has a Papaya x Wedding cakes that looks killer... the gelato x Wedding Cake is going to be killer.. he has a whole new fem line up coming soon all crossed with his wedding cake so if you miss out there are more crosses on the way..(edit, you got them, freakin awesome... Symbiotic released some Purple Punch f2s that I grabbed instead of the gelatoxtrianglemints. I'm glade somebody here scooped some up... he has the real deal gelato too)

Morning Bl. You think these breeders breed outside or in? Both??

Me using Fox farm should I use the SPF too? I do have some sledge hammer flush and only used it once the last tent grow. Im not sure how important it is or just more hype?? Also flushing is for potted plant only, not the ones in the ground?

All these strains and breeders talked about are nice. Ive got a 3yr supply of bought seeds now! So no reason for me to google Symbiotic and look but here I go. Last time at the club I got a gram of Gelato 33 and it was killer. Great Day 420.

Thanks for clarification on the Wedding Cake genetics Twox. Must be a hellava strain when a pheno's notoriety results in its own separate name! Yes, I saw the new Symbiotic Purple Punch strains...thought you or other Slurricane fans might go for it. Haha. Seeing Oni's name pop up more & more...he must be good. Have you seen the new stuff from Compound Genetics? Apricot & Gelato crosses...caught my eye because I have some OBS Apricot x Aliendog. OBS was gifted the Apricot Helix from non-industry NorCal folks awhile back. Even OBS doesn't know the genetics....his best guess is it has some old Killer Queen in it. Very rare. Jungle Boyz put it in the public spotlight w/ Orange Apricot. Prices of these new release are going up real fast too....& they still sell like hotcakes.

SLF works well in conjunction w/ flushing routines. 4D...while it is useful in flush, it's greatest strength is it's ability to solubilize minerals, especially phosphorus. Believe me....it's no hype brother. It's the real deal. It's not inexpensive so only you can decide whether or not to give it a try.

4D....think most breeders do their actual breeding work indoors. Some NorCal & PNW breeders work with more attention to outdoor growers. But I don't see where breeders say inside or outside....it's more what I see at seed banks or old strain guides. In my experience all strains will grow fine both indoors or outside....with proper care. If you're using synthetics then fine to flush the outdoor ground plants too....less efficient but will still work.

:tokin: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom