Brand Spankin New ViparSpectra KS5000 Grows Herbies Seeds Collection In LOS

Very cool. :cool:
I can see my SIP's going this route! Earth pot has a rig for it. If all goes well!
Everything looks so neat and sorted. The plants in the 10 Gals look happy as. Also looking forward.
They're starting to get happy! I'll be getting calls from the neighbors for too much noise soon!
Ok now I can't keep up. Water barrel really. What's next dang self soil planter. Automatic trimmer would be really nice . Like corn shucker. :rofl: had to edit out my little laughing dude on
You know I'm a fancy man Dust! I like all the cool stuff! Kidding aside, the soil needs ro water and ro is slow to come so some storage is needed.

WATER BARREL UPDATE UPDATE

Good day all! Yesterday I got to install a float type water cut out inside my water barrel. That enabled me to hook a permanent full time ro water line to it and now I'll never have an empty water situation and twice a year I won't forget and walk away to flood the place out. It was easy and I'm glad I saw it here at The Mag! It's the same theory as your toilet's water closet kind of.
The feed
The float valve
And the alarm if something fails. We slept last night with no siren! Sweet, a good one first time!
Have a wonderful day!
You’re turning into a nutty professor!

Speaking of nutty professors, what ever happened to ours?

WEEDS ARE GROWING UPDATE

Hi all, I see some good things in this coolish environment. It's a week in the 10's now and they should be pretty rooted in. There's plenty of branching going on and all the new leaves are perfect! Check them out.
This mimosa Shot is growing in miniature I think. There's 7 or 9 nodes in there but tiny! She's putting out tiny branches too! very cute! Small packages?

And the tent becoming fuller as I get stonder!
I'm thinking of topping them soon!
Enjoy!

WEEDS ARE GROWING UPDATE

Hi all, I see some good things in this coolish environment. It's a week in the 10's now and they should be pretty rooted in. There's plenty of branching going on and all the new leaves are perfect! Check them out.
This mimosa Shot is growing in miniature I think. There's 7 or 9 nodes in there but tiny! She's putting out tiny branches too! very cute! Small packages?

And the tent becoming fuller as I get stonder!
I'm thinking of topping them soon!
Enjoy!
Good morning Stone. :ciao:
Guess I'm not very observant lately, I just noticed the bark? on top of the pots.
Just curious as to the purpose. :Namaste:
Love those great big Geopots. :thumb:
Girls lookgood this morning, nice and happy.
Enjoy your day.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

Lots of good things! Got a topping point in mind?

Small packages get booster seats. :)
I usually look at the plants in relation to the tent. This time I think I have to look at the plants only, as they may get too far off size to each other. I'm thinking any day now.
Good morning Stone. :ciao:
Guess I'm not very observant lately, I just noticed the bark? on top of the pots.
Just curious as to the purpose. :Namaste:
Love those great big Geopots. :thumb:
Girls lookgood this morning, nice and happy.
Enjoy your day.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎
Hey Bill, Good Morning! It's my mulch man. Mulch allows more microlife to live closer to the very top of the soil. In late flower if I turn a piece over there's roots and all sorts of tiny crawly critters living there. Not something you'd see in coco I guess.

I usually look at the plants in relation to the tent. This time I think I have to look at the plants only, as they may get too far off size to each other. I'm thinking any day now.

Hey Bill, Good Morning! It's my mulch man. Mulch allows more microlife to live closer to the very top of the soil. In late flower if I turn a piece over there's roots and all sorts of tiny crawly critters living there. Not something you'd see in coco I guess.
Is that pine bark mulch? I used some for 2 grows and didn't have any issues with fungus gnats....it was great. I wish I could stillness it with geoflora but unfortunately can't with having to top dress

Is that pine bark mulch? I used some for 2 grows and didn't have any issues with fungus gnats....it was great. I wish I could stillness it with geoflora but unfortunately can't with having to top dress
Hi Tim, it's a mix with pine as its major part. Some oak and maple. Oh I can grow gnats through it if I try :laughtwo: . I do top dress through it but a whole grow of geoflora would gunk things up I think huh?

Hi Tim, it's a mix with pine as its major part. Some oak and maple. Oh I can grow gnats through it if I try :laughtwo: . I do top dress through it but a whole grow of geoflora would gunk things up I think huh?
Haha, yea I can grow some gnats too :)

Yea, I would think the mulch with GF wouldn't be good. I did talk to them about it, they didn't think it was a good idea either as the mulch may suck up some of the nutrients. Plus it would have been a PITA to remove and replace the mulch every 10 days

Haha, yea I can grow some gnats too :)

Yea, I would think the mulch with GF wouldn't be good. I did talk to them about it, they didn't think it was a good idea either as the mulch may suck up some of the nutrients. Plus it would have been a PITA to remove and replace the mulch every 10 days
Yeah, if there were something in two or three pieces to lift off and replace it would be different but this is too much.

Hey Tim, here's some of what I was talking about. This is what The Rev, my soil guy, says about mulch:

"Iknow for some of you, mulching your cannabis plants seems of little importance. I get it. Hells man, I used to be you. Today I want to explain, without getting all technical on your asses, how mulching enhances your soil microlife populations, and helps to diversify them. Specifically, regarding some special fungus, that is among us. Yeah buddy.
Fungi and bacteria share “the battlefield” of the soil in your growing containers. They are basically the yin and the yang powering your plants. Fungi and bacteria are at “war” with each other—from one perspective. Battling for resources and territory they can colonize, each claiming different zones within the container. Fungi and bacterial strongholds, if you will.
nabis-Plants-Should-Begin-as-Sprouts-and-Never-End.jpg
Mulching Your Cannabis Plants Should Begin as Sprouts and Never End
Giving the powerful soil fungi a place to call home in your containers is a great thing indeed. The activities of certain fungi make things like (rock phosphate as one example of many), phosphorous, and potassium much more plant-available. Along with things like sulfur and iron, et al. Cannabis prefers a bacterial dominated soil, but they couldn’t make it without the help of the fungi as well. Let’s have a little peek regarding these thangs…

Mulching Your Cannabis Plants Using Tree Bark​

Tree Bark for Special Fungi Up Top and for Bacteria in the Soil
Let me begin by saying that almost any tree bark is fine. I would be very hesitant to use cedar, or walnut tree bark indoors, or in containers especially, myself. The resin/terpenes in cedar are off the chain heavy/powerful; but I have used cedar mulch outdoors several times without any obvious issues. Walnut bark/twigs/leaves/nuts are super high regarding pH value, so that’s the only reason I hesitate with walnut.
s-Rather-Than-Shredded-to-Summon-the-Ancient-Fungi.jpg
Use Chunky Bark Mulch Like This Rather Than Shredded to Summon the Ancient Fungi
Using the chunky style of bark mulch is fantastic for many reasons, trust me. But when it is used as a mulch up top, it attracts—and is colonized by—special fungi. The same kind of fungi you hear old artisan growers call “leaf mold”. Let’s just say they are HIGHLY beneficial, and aid greatly with phosphorous that they un-bond from the soil minerals and make available to the plant. The plant benefits are obvious once you see them, especially where flowering and root mass are concerned.
Shredded bark, used as mulch on top is attractive to both bacteria and fungi, but bacteria dominate quickly thereafter. Bark buried in your soil mix is also mostly dominated by bacteria, no matter the grade, chunky or shredded. So, this is one of those really cool subtle things to know when growing, all artisan druid style. Keep some chunky bark mulch up top and you make a home for some of your favorite fungal microlife; a stronghold for some very special good-guys."

I love questions! I wouldn't have seen what I missed the first times I read it! I missed the alfalfa meal part!
"If you never have used mulch before and you are about to try it for the first time, I would use a little alfalfa meal top dressing underneath your mulch. If you find mulch already composted, you’re golden no worries; just use it and ignore the alfalfa meal suggestion."

Make life happen seems to be a theme!

CURSES UPDATE

Yep I've been operating this grow as if I had fixed the Magnesium issue my soil had. Nope, still cursed with a mag def. I just top dressed a Tbsp of epsom salts over these girls.

I've been waiting for them to rip into the new soil and really go but the ribs are showing and all 4 plants are having very slow growth. Like nodes are being made but all bunched up in the last quarter inch of the cola. Let's see how they recover.

Back
Top Bottom