Becca Buries a Bean

A bean of Forbidden Fruit that I had in the fridge, that is. I'm getting low and this cross was delicious and super-stoney last time I grew it, so I'm going to grow another one. Leafly has this to say about it:

"Forbidden Fruit is the mouthwatering cross of Cherry Pie x Tangie. This sumptuous genetic cross expresses a beautiful dense bud structure with deep purple hues, dark green foliage, and wiry orange hairs. The terpene profile is a perfect mixture of Cherry Pie’s musky, sweet cherry undertones and Tangie’s loud tropical flavors. There are also notes of pine, mango, and passionfruit candy. The indica effects hit hard between the eyes and lay into the body with each hit. Forbidden Fruit’s deep physical relaxation and mental stoniness make it perfect for dulling minor physical discomfort and discarding stress. "

Here's pics of the seed I've selected, just to get things rolling.

ForbiddenFruit.jpg
ForbiddenFruitBubblSeed.jpg
ForbFroot20240813_121835r.jpg

The seed was soaked overnight in distilled water and placed between some damp paper towels. At 10:00PM on Saturday, August 10, I put it into a Root Riot rooting cube (sterilized with wet heat in the microwave) after I saw it had cracked open. The emerging root tip was visible with a 5x loupe. The cube weighs 20.0g fully watered and the little seedling pot it’s in weighs 1.45g.

The seedling emerged from the ground around 8:00PM on August 12.

The rooting cube will be planted directly into a 4.0-gallon SIP container filled with used FFOF that's been leached and amended with old B+ shroom substrate and Geoflora Veg.

For germination the seedling will be under a parabolic reflector mounted 15W Cree bulb with a 5000K color temp, then it will go into the cactus tent under a 200 Watt Bestva P2000 LED rig running at 35-40%.

Welcome @Lady Cannafan, welcome one and all! :welcome:

This is going to be pretty casual. It will be interesting to see how the plant does sharing it's soil with psilocybin mycelium, though!

I took a shoebox B+ cake and mixed it into the potting soil in one SIP a couple months ago. It smelled really good when I uncovered it the other day- like fresh mushrooms. That's the SIP I will be transplanting to.

Just checked and the tap root has already exited the bottom of the rooting cube, and cube weighs 17.6g now. Time to dump some more perlite and a couple tablespoons of Geoflora Veg into the soil I'm getting ready for it. I have a 1.5L ice cream tub that will make a perfect disposable starter pot with a bit of perlite in the bottom to prep the plant for the SIP.

ForbiddenFruitDay1_20240813.jpg
4biddenRoot.jpg

Hey I got in early!! Gonna pull up a chair and fire up the vape and watch you smash it!! I always put my used mush cakes in my soil outdoors for my garden. The plants go crazy. I also use manure for fertilizer and the mushies get fired up and pop up now and again. Especially after a good rain!! Happy Wednesday!! 😎✌️🎶

Hey I got in early!! Gonna pull up a chair and fire up the vape and watch you smash it!! I always put my used mush cakes in my soil outdoors for my garden. The plants go crazy. I also use manure for fertilizer and the mushies get fired up and pop up now and again. Especially after a good rain!! Happy Wednesday!! 😎✌️🎶
Hi @Scottay Welcome to my mini-grow. Nothing fancy, just some (hopefully lots of) good buds eventually! :lot-o-toke:
Hi @Melville Hobbes Welcome to my tiny grow wherein I see what shrooms do to growing pot! :cheer::morenutes:🍄

Last night I amended the 3 liters of used soil with 6 tablespoons of Geoflora Veg and 4 cups of perlite, then planted the rooting cube so the seedling could rest and adapt overnight. There's a 1/2" deep layer of perlite only at the bottom. Here's a photo of the plant this morning in its first home:

ForbiddenFruit20240814_072952r.jpg

Edited to add: The 1.5L container weighs 25.1oz (710g) fully watered. I punched 8 drainage holes in the bottom and 8 slits around the bottom of the cylinder.

Day 3 update. She's doing well. Rooting cube was a little dry last night so I drizzled 10mL of water directly onto the cube, cut out a soil cover sheet from a plastic bag, and installed it. I always do that to keep the soil moist longer while the seed is beginning life. No humidity hood or tray warmer needed as the humidity averages 45%@75F hereabouts. ;)

ForbidenFroot20240815r.jpg

I made it. I was on the yellow submarine bus and had a long trip getting here. :rofl:
I think I missed the stop twice.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Welcome, @Tokin Roll, you are still early. She's just getting up a head of steam now!:lot-o-toke:

ForbidenFroot20240816_0920r.jpg

You got this.
Just grow something that Adam will want to try.
We know Eve will. :laugh:
If it turns out like the last one (below), it will be loved by all! :ganjamon:

ForbFrt20231128.jpg

Day 4, almost lights out. The surface of the rooting cube took on a lighter shade of brown so I gave it 6mL of water.
I think I'm going to start giving it a weak solution of CalMag, MaxiGro, Jones Juice & pH-Up. She looks a little pale.

ForbiddenFroot20240816_233020r.jpg

Day 5. Second leaf set is now forming. Made a small batch of 1/4 strength MaxiGro nutrient solution (decided not to use the other stuff) and drizzled 5mL onto the rooting cube. The top soil in the pot was getting dry so I spritzed with distilled water. Pot weighs in at 701g, 24.77oz.

ForbiddenFruit240817_1136r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom