Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Yeah ... dont blow anything but room temp past those buds, or you might as well oven dry it. It should dry slowly and controlled .. you should not be blowing them dry, but move enough air to prevent stale air and thus mould.

OK.. I'm seeing a pattern here. lol The heater is my grow room heater to keep the temp. up where it belongs. I don't have to have it anywhere near the drying box..... and from your question KJC, I'd say heat isn't what I need. Thanks for the tip brother. :Namaste:

Is your drying box located a cool location and you are using a heater to warm the air to room temperature?

Thanks to you as well PlanetJ. When you and KingJohnC are saying almost the same thing... it's time to listen! :) :Namaste: :peace:

Yeah ... dont blow anything but room temp past those buds, or you might as well oven dry it. It should dry slowly and controlled .. you should not be blowing them dry, but move enough air to prevent stale air and thus mould.

Heat degrades THC over time .. so that makes sense.

(if you prefer couchlock and do not care about bone dry bud, it's kinda irrelevant if you quickdry but there is no way you'll sell it that way for what its actually worth)

I believe when you are drying cannabis it is important to allow the moisture to leave the buds naturally and not add additional heat over ambient room temperature.

KingJohnC, Thanks....That makes total sense. I moved the heater to the other side of the room. The way the weather has been in these parts lately, I barely need it on. :Namaste:

Heat degrades THC over time .. so that makes sense.
(if you prefer couchlock and do not care about bone dry bud, it's kinda irrelevant if you quickdry but there is no way you'll sell it that way for what its actually worth)

PlanetJ, Thanks, I didn't know that. I have NO intention of ever selling any... this stuff is all mine! (and whatever buddies happen to be around). Sometimes couchlock is a good thing. :) :Namaste:

Holy Awesome Dry Boxes Beateo! Fine job sir, that is a piece of art man! I love it! Looking forward to seeing it filled with fruit :) Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas B. All the best to you sir!
:Namaste: :green_heart:

colorfuldayze, Thanks, It was a quickie... and I can't take credit for the design, I saw a similar one in the DIY section. I'll eventually make one out of plywood and probably put a much smaller fan in it. That's why I put the bottom panel in and cut a few smallish slots for air flow.... if I would have left it open that fan would have blown my buds out of the box! LOL :Namaste:

Here's something I found interesting... I'm taking a break from flushing all of my girls... got 3 finished, 1 to go... about the first gallon or two of pure, PH balanced water I ran through the plants, came out almost exactly the same bluish color as the Jacks nutes I was using!! I don't know if that means I was over feeding or if it's normal?? At any rate, after the first gallon or two the water ran crystal clear and man did those girls get heavy! :)

I'd also like to say... SEE!! I put one little thing up and I have responses that continue to keep me on the right path! I can't thank all of you guys and gals enough because without you all, or y'all, or youns, whatever... I would be crying over dead plants and contemplating how I could survive going back to the narcotics!! THANK YOU ALL and MERRY CHRISTMAS! :Namaste: :xmas:

merry Christmas B!

Happy Holidays BEATEO,
Plz keep a sharp eye on your crop. Paper products wick moisture quicker than a wink. I dried my last crop too fast in paper bags. Not a disaster, but definitely sub-ideal. Made the cure a little weird too. Wouldn't want this to happen to you.

i agree.. i messed my first crop up a while back with the paper sacs .. dries to damn fast . i now hang dry for a few day then put in the paper bag for one night then i put in the jars for cure !!

When I was doing the flush I broke a limp off of my skunk..... it comes out of the dryer in a day or two so I'll let everyone know how she smokes. :Namaste:

I've been quick drying them for an hour in an over @ 50C .. given the fact that there are no ambers yet, and still a few clears, aside from ruining the subtle elements of the taste, this works fine :p

The high & stoned is soooo much better ALREADY then what I am used to :)

Back
Top Bottom