Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

The most colourful strains that I've grown have all been Autos. Ive never grown a photo that has gone any way near as purple as some of the autos I've run. I'm hoping that the Ayahuasca Purple will be nice and bright. The Blueberry OG by Barneys had some great shades to it. I'll be doing that one again in this thread in the future

I'd like that as a title under my GJOTM award. The Ron Jeremy of Cannabis Award! I'm worried about you now GG! Lol :rofl:

Ayahuasca Purple should color up. Appealing and nice tasting strain but in my opinion a little bit too mellow. Perfect for daytime smoke. I was rolling very fat joints with it. I guess thats why it didn't last so much :Rasta:

Since I switched to my new nutrient combo, all of the stuff turned colorful. That is just a coincidence but I am really happy with the resulting taste of organics. I used to have some colorful buds but I think its the genetics. People enjoy colorful buds more so breeders must be using these colorful genetics to max the sale. I can definately say that compared to 5-6 years ago I see more colorful buds these days. That might be the reason behind it.

You should try Pineapple Chunk to get some colorful and potent Barney's buds. My favourite is Liberty Haze though it doesn't have purplish hue.

I am very curious about Purple Punch. Can't wait to get my hands on some beans..

Pog is going crazy here Prof. def one of the front runners. All thickening up too
Os has 3 limbs and a jeremy beadle hand.
20190609_112004.jpg
20190609_111852.jpg
Go POG! You're gonna have monster on your hands there GG. I like the OS and her extra arm

Go POG! You're gonna have monster on your hands there GG. I like the OS and her extra arm
Always the positive fromnyou prof. She is Missing and arm !!. lol other one is just about forming a tiny leaf.lol

The new and downgraded veg tent....

Today the pump packed in again and this time it was different. It wasn't because of the nozzle coming loose but instead because of a blockage. Not a lot in there that could block a pump I thought so I investigated. It was full of some mouldy gooey like substance so I thought what the hell. Let's just start fresh. I ditched the BG41 and SL and scrubbed the entire tent top to bottom with the alcohol spray. Right. This time we shall do this properly....
ORG_DSC01570.JPG

BG41's will be on the left and SL's will be on the right....
ORG_DSC01574.JPG

You should try Pineapple Chunk to get some colorful and potent Barney's buds. My favourite is Liberty Haze though it doesn't have purplish hue
I've done the Liberty Haze twice before and both time I really liked what I got at harvest. I've had terrible luck with the Pineapple Chunk though. I've tried to grow her about 5 or 6 times maybe with disastrous results. I couldn't get all but one past the seedling stage with a few not germinating at all. Then the one that did finally work for me grew massive and I mean massive but had weird bud formations all over it. The buds never matured and just looked like whispy hairy foxtails. I pulled it at week 12 and it looked like it could have gone for well over another month or so. It was definitely not as advertised. All those seeds were freebies though and came without the original packaging. Maybe they weren't stored correctly or something. I've not tried her in recent years so maybe I could try again in this journal and see if I could turn my luck around
Always the positive fromnyou prof. She is Missing and arm !!. lol other one is just about forming a tiny leaf.lol
that right there is a glass half full extra arm GG. The tiny leaf is just for decoration :)

Flowering Day 14....

I'll be doing the first major defol next weekend on this one. She's looking good after her watering yesterday. The buds are developing as fast as the OS which is great because she's way bigger. The thrips are still everywhere so I'll be giving her another spray shortly. She's going to look great after a trim. The buds go right down to the bottom of the plant and when I get the net in place they should receive enough light to get the to grow to usable size. Not much frost yet but it won't be long. Then we shall see if the thrips are effected by the trichs or not....
ORG_DSC01575.JPG
ORG_DSC01576.JPG
ORG_DSC01577.JPG
ORG_DSC01578.JPG
ORG_DSC01580.JPG
ORG_DSC01581.JPG
ORG_DSC01582.JPG
ORG_DSC01583.JPG
ORG_DSC01584.JPG
ORG_DSC01585.JPG

Flowering Day 28....

The Gorilla Zkittles will need a watering tomorrow morning and I'm going to raise the Orange Sherbert a tin you bit more but other than that things are pretty groovy in here. I decided to see how bad the thrip invasion was in here so I spent half an hour just looking at them this morning. I couldn't find a single larvae on any of the leaves. I did find a few dead adults glued to the plants and there are a few flying around but things look good. Really impressed with the two of these....
ORG_DSC01588.JPG
ORG_DSC01589.JPG
ORG_DSC01590.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
ORG_DSC01591.JPG
ORG_DSC01608.JPG

Orange Sherbert....
ORG_DSC01592.JPG
ORG_DSC01609.JPG

Orange Sherbert....
ORG_DSC01601.JPG
ORG_DSC01602.JPG
ORG_DSC01603.JPG
ORG_DSC01604.JPG
ORG_DSC01605.JPG
ORG_DSC01606.JPG
ORG_DSC01607.JPG
All looking amazing on the flowering side prof. OS Buds liok brilliant too. very chubby looking.
Shame about the seedlings but great to see the bouncing back with new babies . looking forward to them.
I gave in on another of the Hulkberry as the little bastards have begun settling into one more. down to 1 now. shit bags.
No signs on the other girls at all.

I've done the Liberty Haze twice before and both time I really liked what I got at harvest. I've had terrible luck with the Pineapple Chunk though. I've tried to grow her about 5 or 6 times maybe with disastrous results. I couldn't get all but one past the seedling stage with a few not germinating at all. Then the one that did finally work for me grew massive and I mean massive but had weird bud formations all over it. The buds never matured and just looked like whispy hairy foxtails. I pulled it at week 12 and it looked like it could have gone for well over another month or so. It was definitely not as advertised. All those seeds were freebies though and came without the original packaging. Maybe they weren't stored correctly or something. I've not tried her in recent years so maybe I could try again in this journal and see if I could turn my luck around

that right there is a glass half full extra arm GG. The tiny leaf is just for decoration :)

There might be a problem with freebies but we can't be sure about it. Freaks are always there. Or maybe we should just assume that PC's have a low germination rate. I got 3 of them popped from a 5 pack. Same case applies for Liberty Haze too. I just lost 2 seeds so I decided to grow my BCxCC feminised cross. I smoked a lot of high THC strains but very few could matched Liberty Haze buzz.

I had the same problem of foxtails and immature buds with Peyote Cookies. I waited too long to harvest but it came out very potent. Buds had a mould problem and it was ruined anyways :laughtwo:

I soaked 2 jiffy pellets for GZ and BG and worked like a charm. I have never used germination equipment in any of my grows but I am very impressed now and I won't go back.

A little note: I have finished a lot of work today and rolled a joint to relax. I started writing here when I was smoking that and got totally lost for the last 30 minutes listening music with my new headphones.. Half joint just kicked my *ss :rip: Lets finish that :lot-o-toke:

All looking amazing on the flowering side prof. OS Buds liok brilliant too. very chubby looking.
Shame about the seedlings but great to see the bouncing back with new babies . looking forward to them.
I gave in on another of the Hulkberry as the little bastards have begun settling into one more. down to 1 now. shit bags.
No signs on the other girls at all.
I probably could have continued with the BG41 but would have been a drawn out affair. Much better for the journal to just start again than to have persevered through thick and thin to prove a point. I did that in my last journal and in the end it was for naught. It should be fun running these next ones in the Wilma system.

Shame about the hulks. Spider mites sound nasty. Makes me feel grateful for the thrips

There might be a problem with freebies but we can't be sure about it. Freaks are always there. Or maybe we should just assume that PC's have a low germination rate. I got 3 of them popped from a 5 pack. Same case applies for Liberty Haze too. I just lost 2 seeds so I decided to grow my BCxCC feminised cross. I smoked a lot of high THC strains but very few could matched Liberty Haze buzz.

I had the same problem of foxtails and immature buds with Peyote Cookies. I waited too long to harvest but it came out very potent. Buds had a mould problem and it was ruined anyways :laughtwo:

I soaked 2 jiffy pellets for GZ and BG and worked like a charm. I have never used germination equipment in any of my grows but I am very impressed now and I won't go back.

A little note: I have finished a lot of work today and rolled a joint to relax. I started writing here when I was smoking that and got totally lost for the last 30 minutes listening music with my new headphones.. Half joint just kicked my *ss :rip: Lets finish that :lot-o-toke:
Another thing to take into account is that those were from my first couple years growing. I used to have seeds not pop every now and then. 6 years on though and I can't remember the last seed not to sprout. It must be 2 years or more now. It's a deal. I'll do the Pineapple Chunk and face my demons from the past lol. Another example of me and my mouth VG!

I probably could have continued with the BG41 but would have been a drawn out affair. Much better for the journal to just start again than to have persevered through thick and thin to prove a point. I did that in my last journal and in the end it was for naught. It should be fun running these next ones in the Wilma system.

Shame about the hulks. Spider mites sound nasty. Makes me feel grateful for the thrips
makes sense in the long term but hard to give in when you know the potential loss. good decision though

You guys crack me up! :rofl::laugh::popcorn:
Prof your plants are looking great and pushing pistils like crazy. :adore: Looking forward to see what you get up to with the veg tent!
Good morning Irie! Guy 'puffball' Sherbert looks good. I just did my morning check and all still look great. It's nice not having to check on the dodgy propagator anymore. The veg tent will liven up shortly. There will hopefully be 6 plants in here by the end of the month. 2 Blue Gelato 41's, 2 Strawberry Lemonade's, 1 Purple Punch and 1 Shishkaberry. Hope you're well today buddy

Flowering Day 28....

Today I can actually see some of the bud behind the hairs on the GZ and it looks as if she has colourful flowers. I can't see it quite as well on the OS but looks as if she's going to have dark bud. I turned the lighting down to try and get some pics that show them in a slightly more natural light. I remembered to turn it back up again afterwards lol. Nothing worse than opening your tent to find the lights had been running at 10% for the last 2 days. Well actually there are lots of things that are worse but you know what I mean. I've given them both a light trim as well but it's barely noticeable....
ORG_DSC01613.JPG
ORG_DSC01615.JPG
ORG_DSC01618.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
ORG_DSC01619.JPG

Orange Sherbert....
ORG_DSC01620.JPG

Back
Top Bottom