Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Good morning everyone. I just went to do my morning checks and to my amusement the pump in the propagator had stopped working. I did say in a previous post that I was surprised that it hadn't happened sooner lol. There has been some damage caused by this and now there is uncertainty hanging over the BG as well. Maybe we will see the BG and SL run side by side after all. I'll be throwing the SL out today as there's pretty much no chance of her recovering from this. The BG may be alright but it is already weak and didnt need the extra stress. I'm going to try and nurse her back to health but at this stage it doesn't look good. Oh well. Time for me to go and reassess the situation and yet again tweak my ever so solid game plan lol. At least it's the weekend :)
gutted for you mate. sad to put time and effort into their rescue to be let down by tech. pumps are pants and made so poorly designed they only need a fly turd to stop the impeller and its game over. it does seem that the universe has other plans in mind for you on these two ?. still some hope alive for the bg Prof. I think the pog and Os are going to engulf your rooms so wouldn't be room for any others anyway !. keep on keeping on mate.

gutted for you mate. sad to put time and effort into their rescue to be let down by tech. pumps are pants and made so poorly designed they only need a fly turd to stop the impeller and its game over. it does seem that the universe has other plans in mind for you on these two ?. still some hope alive for the bg Prof. I think the pog and Os are going to engulf your rooms so wouldn't be room for any others anyway !. keep on keeping on mate.
It's happened before so I should have been more vigilant. In my other journal it happened twice to a plant I was trying to clone and we still saved her. It's hard to say at the moment whether it's worth trying to with the BG but I'll leave her until tomorrow at least. Her new root was visibly dry so it may be too damaged to continue growing. It's a bit frustrating but not the end of the world. I have 2 more seeds of each strain ready to go I'm just working out how's best to do it now. I might try the paper towel method and go straight into the net pots instead of using any propagation cubes. I won't be using those hemp cubes again that's for sure.

It's happened before so I should have been more vigilant. In my other journal it happened twice to a plant I was trying to clone and we still saved her. It's hard to say at the moment whether it's worth trying to with the BG but I'll leave her until tomorrow at least. Her new root was visibly dry so it may be too damaged to continue growing. It's a bit frustrating but not the end of the world. I have 2 more seeds of each strain ready to go I'm just working out how's best to do it now. I might try the paper towel method and go straight into the net pots instead of using any propagation cubes. I won't be using those hemp cubes again that's for sure.
i would write to the fucking idiots who make them tbh prof. I wonder if it is risky/worth starting a thread for products like this that do not lend themselves to our growing needs. It would be an easy mistake for total newbie to use them and lose a whole batch of seedlings. Your knowledge and skills have been the saving grace ( hopefully) but most would have lost them weeks ago. Being hemp would attract a lot of folks to their possible "perfect" match.

Good morning (ish)
quick update on these beauties. all going well still. patience has me beat and i want to get strapping these down now , just not quite there yet. hopefully the last feed before lights off will boost them today. halved the coco feed to lower the ppm too. now at a more normal 580ppm. No signs of overfeed but not taking any chances . Will up it if they need it as we go. The Os is deffo a mutant ( @dutchmann1990 ) and has continued on that vein with her 3 normal nodes and "Stephen hawkings/Helen Keller" one. Seeing how bushy and productive they become and how she looked pre chop , has me wondering if she would have been better suited to low scrogging as she went instead. She is growing ok but she had a good bushiness starting prior too.The others are great though with no issues from the stripping.

Orange Sherbet
20190608_094737.jpg
20190608_094702.jpg
20190608_094655.jpg

The gang
20190608_095016.jpg

i would write to the fucking idiots who make them tbh prof. I wonder if it is risky/worth starting a thread for products like this that do not lend themselves to our growing needs. It would be an easy mistake for total newbie to use them and lose a whole batch of seedlings. Your knowledge and skills have been the saving grace ( hopefully) but most would have lost them weeks ago. Being hemp would attract a lot of folks to their possible "perfect" match.
I don't think I need to. They're getting slammed by poor 1 star reviews. That was pretty much what attracted me though. Hemp cubes sounded pretty cool but the woody nature of it seems to make it not suitable for being in a consatantly moist environment. I've never seen mushrooms/slime on any media like that before. There was 3 different species of something in there lol

There looking fantastic, well turned out .
Thanks HTH! There's still time for some drama yet but it looks like we're in the clear and hopefully it'll be plain sailing for these from here on out. I might be dropping some more later
Good morning (ish)
quick update on these beauties. all going well still. patience has me beat and i want to get strapping these down now , just not quite there yet. hopefully the last feed before lights off will boost them today. halved the coco feed to lower the ppm too. now at a more normal 580ppm. No signs of overfeed but not taking any chances . Will up it if they need it as we go. The Os is deffo a mutant ( @dutchmann1990 ) and has continued on that vein with her 3 normal nodes and "Stephen hawkings/Helen Keller" one. Seeing how bushy and productive they become and how she looked pre chop , has me wondering if she would have been better suited to low scrogging as she went instead. She is growing ok but she had a good bushiness starting prior too.The others are great though with no issues from the stripping.

Orange Sherbet
20190608_094737.jpg
20190608_094702.jpg
20190608_094655.jpg

The gang
20190608_095016.jpg
loving the green machines GG! Nice colour on the OS.

I don't think I need to. They're getting slammed by poor 1 star reviews. That was pretty much what attracted me though. Hemp cubes sounded pretty cool but the woody nature of it seems to make it not suitable for being in a consatantly moist environment. I've never seen mushrooms/slime on any media like that before. There was 3 different species of something in there lol
bet they would work well with straw bale growing and more suited to mushrooms maybe.???. They had so much promise too. I think we were all suprised by their failure. i found similar with the Co2 bag alternative in a small plastic bag. supposed to be as good as exhale bags but they used chemicals instead of medium and the rooms moisture to activate them. Absolute shit and did sod all.lol i tried every way to get either of them producing co2. sadly some unscrupulous gits out there.
I think this is also one of the benefits of 420. seeing all the different products available and in actual use with real advice available on the spot. Better even than a review sometimes. Same with all the sponsored grows. Works wonders for breeders to allow potential sales from live grows. Thats why i pump Smokesara constantly.lol I had hoped conversion of an HPS stalwart like myself could also convince so many other non-L.e.d convinced dinosaurs too. There are a lot of us that still view them with confusion and fear of buying the wrong ones after a huge outlay.. sorry off on one there prof.lol

Thanks HTH! There's still time for some drama yet but it looks like we're in the clear and hopefully it'll be plain sailing for these from here on out. I might be dropping some more later

loving the green machines GG! Nice colour on the OS.
Thanks Prof. she is a freak though. curious to see what the stunted node does. it is following the misshapen leafs side too. I dont think she will be as bushy as your girl with the quad and this mutation but wont look down on her for it.lol

You so crazy!! Recirc dirt....what??? Grow luck to your new SL and BG41.

Hey y'all. I started my Barney's grow journal. Stop on by if you have a second to spare.

Here you go GG. It's on now! I've decided I'm getting the Wilma System out and doing my first ever recirculating soil grow....
ORG_DSC01560.JPG

2 of each in the 3x3 tent....
ORG_DSC01562.JPG
Brilliant news Prof . keep those fires burning baby ( as they say !) Never seen recirc soil before so again with the pioneering for us , top job. I like the recirc coco stands i saw recently too , for rhizo pots . Never seen a wilma going so will be a new one for me too. Love the new fire mate.

Yay, Wilma's back! Going old school for the new grow :).

Sorry about the mechanical failure but it's good to put it behind you. Nursing tiny seedlings back to health is rarely worth the time if you have more seeds to sprout.

In terms of the hemp cube, it might have been designed to be buried in soil after germination, where it might have decomposed just fine. Aerobic and damp was it's downfall.

You so crazy!! Recirc dirt....what??? Grow luck to your new SL and BG41.

Hey y'all. I started my Barney's grow journal. Stop on by if you have a second to spare.
Lol, why thank you VG. That's just the thing. I may not go fully recirculating. If I can get the timer set right then I should be able to water with a small amount of run-off. Then I can block up the drainage holes and use the lid as a collection tray meaning it essentially becomes an auto watering pot for 4 plants. I'll be stopping by shortly :)
Brilliant news Prof . keep those fires burning baby ( as they say !) Never seen recirc soil before so again with the pioneering for us , top job. I like the recirc coco stands i saw recently too , for rhizo pots . Never seen a wilma going so will be a new one for me too. Love the new fire mate.
the Wilma is good fun. Once you get it set up and dialled in it makes life very easy indeed. It's just a case of topping up the res and cleaning it every now and then. It can run with soil, coco and clay pebbles and I've seen some conversions where people are turning them into huge DWC/recirculating combo's. I'll be using my 4 pot system for this grow. I have a 10 pot system as well but that's designed for a 2x4 tent and works best with smaller plants. It should be fun GG
Yay, Wilma's back! Going old school for the new grow :).

Sorry about the mechanical failure but it's good to put it behind you. Nursing tiny seedlings back to health is rarely worth the time if you have more seeds to sprout.

In terms of the hemp cube, it might have been designed to be buried in soil after germination, where it might have decomposed just fine. Aerobic and damp was it's downfall.
Yep, good ol'trusty Wilma.

I'm still going to keep that BG going but it'll be put to the side for now. If I didn't drop some more seeds then there may have been a big gap in this journal where there's nothing happening other than me waiting for roots lol. We have lots more to see yet so we can't afford to hang around

Very possibly but it doesn't specify anything like that on the pack and clearly says hydro. These have gone straight in to the dirt oldskool style

Infirmary/Hatchery update....

When I awoke from my disappointingly short and disturbed sleep this morning I had no idea that the veg tent would look like this by the end of the day. Dynamic growing! We're still going to see a DWC grow. I'm thinking of running the Purple Punch and Shishkaberry in hydro next. They were going to be soil originally but things change lol. Let's look at the new veg tent....
ORG_DSC01563.JPG

This one may still survive. If she does then I'll put her to one side for a future project....
ORG_DSC01565.JPG

This one will probably be going in the bin soon. She gets worse every day now and I don't think she has many of them left....
ORG_DSC01564.JPG

The second attempt. If at first you fail, compensate by going mental to make up for it!....
ORG_DSC01566.JPG

Flowering Day 13....

Now that the downer is out of the way let's look at something a bit more inviting. The Phantom OG. She's got some flowers on her now. I can see that she's going to have some great colas. The nodel spacing on her is nice and short and she's going to have great light penetration after her trim. Not as many thrips today which is good. The treatment is working to keep numbers down but never stop. Her buds are developing rapidly now and look great for how early in flower it is. This post makes up for the last couple lol....
ORG_DSC01550.JPG
ORG_DSC01551.JPG
ORG_DSC01552.JPG
ORG_DSC01553.JPG
ORG_DSC01554.JPG
ORG_DSC01555.JPG
ORG_DSC01556.JPG
ORG_DSC01557.JPG
ORG_DSC01558.JPG
ORG_DSC01559.JPG

Flowering Day 13....

Now that the downer is out of the way let's look at something a bit more inviting. The Phantom OG. She's got some flowers on her now. I can see that she's going to have some great colas. The nodel spacing on her is nice and short and she's going to have great light penetration after her trim. Not as many thrips today which is good. The treatment is working to keep numbers down but never stop. Her buds are developing rapidly now and look great for how early in flower it is. This post makes up for the last couple lol....
ORG_DSC01550.JPG
ORG_DSC01551.JPG
ORG_DSC01552.JPG
ORG_DSC01553.JPG
ORG_DSC01554.JPG
ORG_DSC01555.JPG
ORG_DSC01556.JPG
ORG_DSC01557.JPG
ORG_DSC01558.JPG
ORG_DSC01559.JPG
sexy lady doing her thang. looks great prof

I checked with Van and he said at 1:9 (70% iso:water) he doesn't see a problem going all through flower with it. In case castille soap isn't on the horizon...

POG looks great with all the flowers!
That's good to know. I'm going to see what happens to the POG after she's got a few crystals forming. The thrips are still leaving the GZ and the OS well alone. I'm wondering if the trichs are either harmful to them or if they act as a deterrent. It's interesting that the only plants that are affected don't have any bud. It's only an observation but there may be something to it
sexy lady doing her thang. looks great prof
Indeed she is. Giving me the horn is she!

That's good to know. I'm going to see what happens to the POG after she's got a few crystals forming. The thrips are still leaving the GZ and the OS well alone. I'm wondering if the trichs are either harmful to them or if they act as a deterrent. It's interesting that the only plants that are affected don't have any bud. It's only an observation but there may be something to it

Indeed she is. Giving me the horn is she!
I hope baby birth controller is still sharing your room or she may get a littler friend to bully soon. "Watch out mrsProf , His second wind is up , get the football on" hahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom