Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Btw are yours all hybrid strains? And around same flowering time
mostly 8 weeks flowering , gz , pog, Hulkberry and Os is about a week after with the cookie kush. So close now. the density of these buds is great too.

mostly 8 weeks flowering , gz , pog, Hulkberry and Os is about a week after with the cookie kush. So close now. the density of these buds is great too.
Yeah looks good mate!
Was checking on Barneys and already choose 3 strains for next grow; glookies, gorilla zkittlez and blue gelato 41 and maybe one more strain, what do you think? Just to give Baneys a try.

Yeah looks good mate!
Was checking on Barneys and already choose 3 strains for next grow; glookies, gorilla zkittlez and blue gelato 41 and maybe one more strain, what do you think? Just to give Baneys a try.
Iove barneys genetics. good choices Peter but be prepared with the bg41 it grows tall and very sativa with rhe node spacing ect. exceptional looking buds and profs will be amazing without a doubt BUT... it does seem very prone to hermie. The Gz are amazing growers even though i have one of the small phenos in one plant. Glookies looks a beauty too. I venture outside of barneys too but i do love their stability and consistency.

Purple Punch Update....

Since dosing her with the H2O2 she does have more white roots but she still has some brown and not so pleasant look ones too. She's due another res change and more treatment. This time I'm going to pour some of the solution down through the clay pebbles to make sure I cover all her roots. She doesn't looked phased one bit though and is actually improving on her appearance daily. I'm going to top her a couple more times before she hits flower and as Shed has allowed me to use the net I'm going to try to grow her a bit flatter than the POG. Other than the root, which I think may be improving, I'm really happy with this one. Keep doing what you're doing PP....
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG
roots look great to me mate. most nutes stain them too. she is doing excellent.

ORANGE SHERBERT
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. Today I shall be reviewing the Orange Sherbert from the breeder Barneys Farm. Orange Sherbert is a three way cross between Orange Cream, Purple Urkle and Cherry Pie. The Pheno that I was lucky enough to get grew short and stocky with tight nodes. She needed some serious training and defoliation to get anymore than just the tops exposed to the lights. She was grown using 200w of lighting and produced a very decent yield. She's a colourful plant with wonderfully orange pistils that stand out against a number of dark tones of green and some purple with a silvery layer of frost on the very top of the buds. The flowers became very firm early on and have a heavy, and compact feel to them. She was a very easy plant to grow however as I said before I believe she did need some work to get the best out of her. She was a reasonably heavy feeder and I noticed that she consumed a lot of water. The Orange Sherbert will definitely need a good carbon filter and extraction unit if grown indoors as it has a very strong odour. The smell is pungent and deep. It's a sweet and floral citrus peel that sometimes reminds me of a fruity Skunk. The dried buds grind up light and fluffy go a long way for the amount used. It burns very well in a joint and smokes beautifully. The Orange Sherbert has a great flavour that is somewhat true to its name. There's the citrus that can be found in the smell but it's a bit less pronounced. There's also sweeter, berry candy tones that compliment the zest in an interesting way. The flavours can be tasted in the back of the throat and out through the nose as you exhale on a toke. The effect is straight up indica with a solid stone causing a relaxing feeling felt throughout the entire body. Classic movie watching and munchie inducing bud with medical potential as a pain reliever and appetite stimulator. It also relaxes the mind so there are stress relieving qualities too. The Orange Sherbert has earned a place as a firm favourite of mine with its great bud production and beautiful beautiful appearance. She has the potential for some very decent yields and I grew a lot of bud in a small area making her also good for closet and stealth growers. I would highly recommend the Orange Sherbert to growers of all experience levels as she is very easy to grow for beginners and can be mastered by the more experienced. In the end It was very difficult to find anything that I didn't like about this strain. An absolutely wonderful strain. Enjoy....

Brilliant report Prof. really helpful and detailed. You have clearly put a lot of thought into it and it shows. I am looking forward to mine even more now. Thanks Prof. Beautiful Job on her.

ORANGE SHERBERT
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. Today I shall be reviewing the Orange Sherbert from the breeder Barneys Farm. Orange Sherbert is a three way cross between Orange Cream, Purple Urkle and Cherry Pie. The Pheno that I was lucky enough to get grew short and stocky with tight nodes. She needed some serious training and defoliation to get anymore than just the tops exposed to the lights. She was grown using 200w of lighting and produced a very decent yield. She's a colourful plant with wonderfully orange pistils that stand out against a number of dark tones of green and some purple with a silvery layer of frost on the very top of the buds. The flowers became very firm early on and have a heavy, and compact feel to them. She was a very easy plant to grow however as I said before I believe she did need some work to get the best out of her. She was a reasonably heavy feeder and I noticed that she consumed a lot of water. The Orange Sherbert will definitely need a good carbon filter and extraction unit if grown indoors as it has a very strong odour. The smell is pungent and deep. It's a sweet and floral citrus peel that sometimes reminds me of a fruity Skunk. The dried buds grind up light and fluffy go a long way for the amount used. It burns very well in a joint and smokes beautifully. The Orange Sherbert has a great flavour that is somewhat true to its name. There's the citrus that can be found in the smell but it's a bit less pronounced. There's also sweeter, berry candy tones that compliment the zest in an interesting way. The flavours can be tasted in the back of the throat and out through the nose as you exhale on a toke. The effect is straight up indica with a solid stone causing a relaxing feeling felt throughout the entire body. Classic movie watching and munchie inducing bud with medical potential as a pain reliever and appetite stimulator. It also relaxes the mind so there are stress relieving qualities too. The Orange Sherbert has earned a place as a firm favourite of mine with its great bud production and beautiful beautiful appearance. She has the potential for some very decent yields and I grew a lot of bud in a small area making her also good for closet and stealth growers. I would highly recommend the Orange Sherbert to growers of all experience levels as she is very easy to grow for beginners and can be mastered by the more experienced. In the end It was very difficult to find anything that I didn't like about this strain. An absolutely wonderful strain. Enjoy....

Thank you. Great report.

Btw does anyone here know where I can get the original Gorilla glue #4, I heard there are allot phenos of it but not the real deal GG4.
Would help me so much, sorry for disturbing this post lol

roots look great to me mate. most nutes stain them too. she is doing excellent.
I did think that some of what I was seeing could have been nutrient staining. It's not particularly slimy but it's definitely the early stages of rot. I think it'll be fine because she's shown no signs of slowing at all.
Brilliant report Prof. really helpful and detailed. You have clearly put a lot of thought into it and it shows. I am looking forward to mine even more now. Thanks Prof. Beautiful Job on her.
Thank you GG. I really enjoyed growing this strain and it would have been easy to write up the review had her effects not been so slowing lol
Nice report Professor. Very detailed. Beautiful pics. It's good to have me around as well. Have a great weekend.
Thanks Mr.S! The Gorilla Zkittles review will be rubbish because it's fairly debilitating lol. It's been a good weekend so far. More relaxing than usual for some reason
Thank you. Great report.
Thanks Al! I'm hoping to be able do another one for the Gorilla later today.
Dang, I got behind fast on this thread!! Nice stumps Prof, particularly on that vanilla kush. Nice smoke report too :thumb:
Stumps is my middle name! Lol. Thanks HH. Don't worry. I'm constantly behind on threads at the moment. The eternal catch up. Much like real life really
Btw does anyone here know where I can get the original Gorilla glue #4, I heard there are allot phenos of it but not the real deal GG4.
Would help me so much, sorry for disturbing this post lol
sorry Pete. I'm not sure of the origins of the GG#4. I bet Pennywise would know all about it

:passitleft:

I'm constantly behind on threads at the moment. The eternal catch up. Much like real life really
Haha, you have a new baby free pass. I’m pretty sure it stays valid for a year.

Haha, you have a new baby free pass. I’m pretty sure it stays valid for a year.
Isn't it valid for life? I'm sure that it's just evolves. Toddler pass, teenager pass, 30 year old kids still living at home pass...
Yep. I'll be attempting it soon. See you tomorrow lunchtime

Flowering Tent Update....

I missed the lights but took a pic of each plant using the camera with the flash on....
ORG_DSC04566.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 1....
ORG_DSC04567.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 2....
ORG_DSC04568.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 1....
ORG_DSC04569.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 2....
ORG_DSC04570.JPG

GORILLA ZKITTLES
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420! Today's review will be of the Gorilla Zkittles by Barneys Farm. She's a simple cross between GG#4 and Zkittles and is a mostly indica variety. She's a vigourous plant with a good amount of stretch for an indica. I had an interesting pheno which produced many tight buds on dozens of weak branches. She needed good support and couldn't hold her own weight up after her buds started to develop. The plant was quite beautiful and had lots of pretty dark colours ranging from green to ruby red in parts lower down on the plant. The buds were quite small but were incredibly dense causing her to produce a good yield. The inevitable trimming session proved arduous and was such a relief when it was over. The plant was overall relatively easy to maintain however I think that she may have caught a few beginners out with her literally flopping branches. She fed heavily and was trimmed several time throughout flower to help with light penetration. If grown in a small space then she'll definitely need a defoliation or two but if you have the room then she her buds are spaced apart enough to let a good amount of light pass. Mine was grown in a closet tent so a good defol was a must. Now, on to the finished product. Her dried bud is colourful, tight and very smelly. There's a good amount of frost with this one and it really clogs up the grinder and makes rolling joints quite tricky after you handled it. The smell is a bit fruity and gassy with heavy floral notes that I'm unfamiliar with. It's a unique smell and really fills a room if you crack open a jar. When the bud is ground the smell is intensified and and you get some other beautiful scents that didint seem to be there before. She tastes amazing. It's quite a lot different to the smell in that it's very earthy with so many undertones that each toke is like a different sensation. The floral smell is still present in the taste but sometimes it's fruity and at others it's like a chemical perfume. Very different to what I was expecting and I'm very surprised by the quality. Her effects are solid. I felt relaxed and happy shortly after lighting up and by the time the joint is done it's pretty difficult to get motivated. Definitely an evening variety though I don't have a problem with using it in the day provided I don't get comfortable. There are feelings of warmth and pressure felt around the entire body and probably most noticeable in the face. My cheeks and eyes are like I have hay fever at the moment. This plant has great calming effects is good for relaxing. I didn't get as much improvement in my appetite as I thought I would but that's probably because I'm asleep. Overall this strain is of great quality and provided you're ready for her awkward growth that needs support during early to mid flower you should be fine. Crazy flavour, amazing colours and some serous dank to try and cover up if you're out and about. Enjoy....

Purple Punch Update....

I've topped the Purple Punch so that we now have 16 growth tips. I've left some of the stem for strength ;)
ORG_DSC04580.JPG
ORG_DSC04581.JPG
ORG_DSC04594.JPG
ORG_DSC04595.JPG
ORG_DSC04596.JPG

Maybe I could pour nutrient solution straight down her neck like Mike the headless chicken....
ORG_DSC04597.JPG

Her roots are growing well but still have the off colour to them....
ORG_DSC04587.JPG

Flowering Tent Update

It's day 27 of flower today. I've been messing around with the camera in the hopes of getting better pic of the buds. They're almost blue on the BG41 number 2. I think I've managed to get sharper pics but they're a lot darker. I'll have another go later. No problems to report in here today. Just lovely looking buds developing. It's just a mix of pics today as I was trying to get to grips with the cam again lol....
ORG_DSC04626.JPG
ORG_DSC04627.JPG
ORG_DSC04628.JPG
ORG_DSC04629.JPG
ORG_DSC04631.JPG
ORG_DSC04632.JPG
ORG_DSC04633.JPG

Back
Top Bottom