Happy New Year!
Same to you otter! Thanks for dropping by ...
:passitleft:

I always have quiet NYE and 1stday, for the last 10years or so really. This year was even quieter! The world is a sobering place at the moment and I am quite content out here in the bush feeling fortunate in my physical distance from it all. I’m guessing that’s something an otter can appreciate well! :love:

Highya lady.
I use something very similar to your steel keepers.
Mine is called a C-Vault it's made by the folks from Boveda. Looks almost identical to yours. Has the same type of clasps on it.
I really like them.

Highya lady.
I use something very similar to your steel keepers.
Mine is called a C-Vault it's made by the folks from Boveda. Looks almost identical to yours. Has the same type of clasps on it.
I really like them.
Hey lovely!
These were my answer to C-vaults being too expensive for me here! I figured these looked as good. So far I’m confident in the airtight part. I’ve got some buds curing in them and I’m not smelling anything when they’re closed so that’s a good sign, usually. I did some jars once when I open the cupboard and I could smell everything :eek: that’s when I switch to the Mason jars. But the big Mason jars are just too much for me to manage they’re too heavy and even with the small ones I struggle screwing lids on and off while curing – it wrecks my hands. I do use some fabric to grab the clips on these to protect my hands a bit but it’s much easier than the screw tops.

I should probably keep an eye on the local C-vault prices in case they come down. They are literally my ideal, these are the poor woman’s c-vaults!
:thumb:
They are so much lighter than glass jars - I assume the c-vaults are as well. And I like that they are light-tight as well. :)

Hey lovely!
These were my answer to C-vaults being too expensive for me here! I figured these looked as good. So far I’m confident in the airtight part. I’ve got some buds curing in them and I’m not smelling anything when they’re closed so that’s a good sign, usually. I did some jars once when I open the cupboard and I could smell everything :eek: that’s when I switch to the Mason jars. But the big Mason jars are just too much for me to manage they’re too heavy and even with the small ones I struggle screwing lids on and off while curing – it wrecks my hands. I do use some fabric to grab the clips on these to protect my hands a bit but it’s much easier than the screw tops.

I should probably keep an eye on the local C-vault prices in case they come down. They are literally my ideal, these are the poor woman’s c-vaults!
:thumb:
They are so much lighter than glass jars - I assume the c-vaults are as well. And I like that they are light-tight as well. :)
Yours are probably every bit as good as a C-Vault. I'm pretty sure C-Vault buys them and rebrands them. Not sure if I'd switch. I got mine comped or I wouldn't even have them. I'm way to cheap/poor for that.

The world is a sobering place at the moment and I am quite content out here in the bush feeling fortunate in my physical distance from it all.
I as well took pleasure from staying at home with my lovely otter half for the same reasons. We're in suburbia, Bostons bush by 30 miles. A good place to ride this thing out.

Happy New Year, Amy! :circle-of-love:

Hello my folks. I’m sorry I’m so missing in action on my own journal.

Thing is my life is always like this it’s just most of the time I’ve still been able to come on here and post. But during this recent flare, few other things are also going on and if that’s the ever case (A bit of a flare and a bit more than normal going on) my functional capacity really drops out. So usually we don’t have the ‘bit more than normal’ going on but that’s not the case at the moment. So it’s close to a ‘basic life functions’ only kind of time. Eat, wash, sleep... and dose! Not necessarily in that order.

I’ve been managing to dip in an out a bit and visit other people‘s threads and engage here in there and that’s been nice.

Like I said. It’s actually always like this so it’s not like a “get better soon” kind of situation it’s a chronic condition and this is just what I always manage – and it doesn’t usually affect my posting here quite this much. C’est la vie right :)

Im gearing up to try some of the nearly cured Nepal Jam x Kali China soon. Maybe today, but I’ll check the calendar- it might be too soon. Maybe next weekend.

I’ve dictated this into my phone so I hope that it hasn’t produced any anomalies - I’m not editing it!

This is one of the reasons I’ve never applied to do a sponsored grow. Because this kind of thing can happen and does happen all the time and I can’t ever guarantee my performance.

I had a pretty awesome respite outing in the last few days and spent two days looking at this (pic below). I even went out for a walk through the park (a pushedin-a-wheelchair kind of walk ;) ) on one evening and it was really wonderful to traverse some distance and be close to the sea where I could smell the warm sand and the ocean :love: #landlockedsurfer

:love:
:Namaste:

Im gearing up to try some of the nearly cured Nepal Jam x Kali China soon. Maybe today, but I’ll check the calendar- it might be too soon. Maybe next weekend.

:love:
:Namaste:

Hi Amy.

I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering from a flare. I hope it eases a bit for you soon. :hug:

Do you cure for a set amount of time or are there things you check for to determine when the cure is done?

:circle-of-love:

cure for a set amount of time or are there things you check for to determine when the cure is done?
I think the general consensus is that once they’re stable at 62% in the jars then it’s a good 3weeks minimum until you can really call them ‘cured’ (and that’s with opening the jars once a day for the first week and then once a week for the next 2-3 etc etc).

I do also track the smells during this time, though mostly just out of interest not to consciously make any decisions. And there are times during early cure where the smell isn’t great!

And some folks like their bud fresh so smoke it as soon as it’s stable at 62%. That can vary by strain too I think.

I can say that at about two weeks, Ive never liked the smell or taste.

At one point when I was tracking this kind of stuff more carefully I remember thinking that I liked the six week cure point the best, But I can’t remember what strain that was.

An odd mix seeing that last pic and ‘Garden of Eden’ underneath.
;) nice catch. It’s kind of fitting though. It felt like that’s what happened last year with the amount of beautiful forest that we lost, that the garden of Eden did go up in smoke! One commentator said that eastern Australia had lost its lungs.

Also a fitting juxtaposing metaphor for the year that just was!

Back
Top Bottom