Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

I’m liking now you measure time! Awesome

You should build your lights like Amy! Wow she did a great job... and you already have everyone you’ll need to get them up and running! Since you have a year, plenty of time to gather all the parts...

Your little ladies are looking great btw, coming along very nicely.

Edit: oops, sorry forgot that Yeti had already said most of what I said about the lights... my bad. But hey, we’re all just trying to save you money!
I'll be enlisting the help of hubby...He built our bike rack in our hall. We have limited space and our basement is not a safe spot for our bikes, I like the metal framing he used, too. The bikes can slide on the frame. I love Amy's set up. Looks like a professional custom job!:thumb:

We could use a template name and Doc I bet you could get the other one renamed, just thinking you probably have connections. Something like:

High Brix Tutorial #2 Doc & Amy do (Plant type here)

I would be great if we could talk Doc into doing another tutorial grow with Amy.
I'm all in for that......

Well it’s a great idea - and very generous of you Doc to do it again...

Too much pressure tho!!! It’s kinda gonna happen a bit organically anyway, with Doc and all you brixers in here watching my back. I mean it would be cool, but not needed and I really need to remain unreliable - it’s part of my new normal (that’s how I’m seeing it to keep myself amused instead of angry about being sick ;) - I am systematically unreliable :) so I can’t commit!)...
Besides... while this vvv is a good idea...
We could use a template name and Doc I bet you could get the other one renamed, just thinking you probably have connections. Something like:

High Brix Tutorial #2 Doc & Amy do (Plant type here)

... with this journal we’d be inserting “Blue Dream” in there... now read that back and tell me if doesn’t sound just a little... well...
:rofl:

Besides, I’m already following back through ‘scotia thread as a companion here ... now if this seed will just come up...
:popcorn:
:ciao:...Standing room only in here, eh?

I don't mind--I'll be back in the corner, watching from afar, puffin on some Malawi..please, try some!

Oh Stoney M!! :welcome: So glad you’re here, look there’s plenty of room, no need to hang in the back - I have acres
:smokin:Malawi eh... oh nice, I’ve never tried it before - Thank you fine sir
:passitleft:
:passitleft:...and of course, :welcome: to the High Brix 'gang', Amy! Can't wait to see what you do with the kit.

:thumb::high-five:

Me too! Just easing in slowly :slide:

BTW I love the little bits you added to the frame so you can set the light on a flat surface! Great idea there! I’m going to use that when I build my frame. :thumb:

I’m so glad - I got the idea from LED gardener talking about QBs and how the little wire ports sit higher than the diodes so you can sit the board face down without touching the diodes. It was one of those great moments when hoarding odd little bits n pieces pays off ;) - I even knew exactly where I’d buried them in the shed :)
Them standoffs are a great addition.
Standoffs! That’s whatchA call them. Thanks JM, I was chuffed with them myself :thumb:

I really couldn’t be more pleased with it. I love building/making things and there’s been a looming threat that those days are behind me but some innovation in approach and adjustment to speed of build (like a snail I go now) has shown me I can do some things, gently. I definitely over did it with some of drilling I did myself, but I’m recovering ok. Aaaand have discused with the lovely other the wisdom of investing in a drill press :slide: to make these kinds of things more possible. Oooh - a drill press will expand the range of possibilities actually... :slide: It’s aways away tho, gotta get some soil tests and then save up for it (hey, now that the light is done! Yeah saving for drill press starts today!)

mmm Malawiiiiiii!!!!! :cough:

‘ken eh Stoney! I’m gonna want to grow some of that one day !

:love:
:Namaste:

Honest that was not on purpose. How about this:

High Brix Tutorial #2 Doc & Amy grow Blue Dream

Then when Doc feels up for another one it could be like:

High Brix Tutorial #3 Doc & Joe grow Malawi Gold

I'll be enlisting the help of hubby...He built our bike rack in our hall. We have limited space and our basement is not a safe spot for our bikes, I like the metal framing he used, too. The bikes can slide on the frame. I love Amy's set up. Looks like a professional custom job!:thumb:
Sweet! Sounds like yours will come out great too, gotta love handy people! I myself am just cheap, so I prefer to DIY most things if I can and the end product is usually made a lot better than what you can buy. Tomorrow I will be modifying my 5gal ACT brewer to a 30gal... my outside garden needs some love and microbes!

Hey jerm - 30gal is pretty big eh!!!

I’d like to do one for the outdoor garden one day... one day...
MMHM, pretty big indeed. It will be awesome! But its for my tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkins, all peppers, etc. There is a nice DIY layout online if you google DIY ACT brewer then look for build a soil site. He lays it all out, even the length of all pipe pieces you'll need.

I love WAG0s toooo!

......love the diy. Glad you found a supplier to pre cut to size, brilliant.
I wish I did, I just dont like cutting aluminum, long story, I cut/worked with tooo much Alum in a previous life:goodjob:

I used extruded L angle alumi with my COBs as well, good stuff.
I dont really have any tools any moreo_Oo_Oo_O
here is a pic of the in progress diy.
CIMG14831.jpg

drilling holes here.....
I did my work in a cardboard box to catch the alum shavings:cool::laugh:

Those lights will last you a long time:peace:
Cheers

Hola kelticBlue! :welcome: to my humble corner of the mag :thumb:

Thanks for the encouragement :high-five: :passitleft:

Nice tip on the box for catchment too. The shavings were something to “manage”. I ended up leaving them as much as poss and then vacuumed at the end. In future i might put something down - or do it outside in warmer weather!

Those lights will last you a long time:peace:

:yahoo::slide::yahoo:

ever worried about heat during a few special months of the year.
Oh and I missed that part before. I won’t be using this light during summer. I grow outside for 6months of the year :)
Oh and I’ll say this too - one cannot, i repeat cannot, find solid-core hook up wire that is 18AWG in this country.

I should clarify that to say except for huge quantities that would’ve set me back over $100 for teh very small amount I need... so...
So, what is used for thermostat wiring in Australia? 18 guage solid wire is the standard here in the U.S. Maybe try your local HVAC company next time?

Yes very good question. I’ll research that this week. I spoke to lots of electronic suppliers (including Cutter - who sell the growmau5 LED kits) and none of them had it adn didn’t know why I couldn’t find find it. Go figure hey. I’ll contact my electrician this week and ask him, if I havent found it online already :thumb::thanks:

You are going to need an extra 1/4 for your smile.

:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

It’s got nice rhythm that emoji....

Back
Top Bottom