Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

That Looks awesome. I know you used angle stock as well. I did not build a frame though. Just put them on the ends of my sheets of sheet metal lol. I got some generic LED sunglasses off of the rainforest site. I could not find any that were intended for use with white LEDs, they all seemed set p for blurples. They seem to work ok. I got used to the light though and do not use them even though should.

@LadyGaea I did not think I would be able to build mine either. I am the same way when it comes to electricity. It was easier than I expected it to be and I am super glad that I took the leap and built something for myself. I have $900 and probably a day of my life put into 4 panels. These 4 panels completely cover my 4x8 tent. I could not buy prebuilt LEDs to cover the same area for less than twice that anyways.
Yeah! I have a 2 x 4. If I had a 4 x 8 I would not be able to afford the coverage either unless I did a DIY! Nice work! My hat is off to both of you! :goodjob:

Hiya Amy,

Nice light build. That's not easy for a first time build. I built a 4 cob light bar a couple years ago, and made it work. But yeah, there's a lot of details to get right. And you did! Great job! I hope it increases yields a great deal!!

Congrats on that build and guide for others to look at in the future.

That extra 1/4 foot you said you are going to have around the plants in tent...... Forget it, with that light forget it. They are going to grow so much. You are going to need an extra 1/4 for your smile.

Yeah! I have a 2 x 4. If I had a 4 x 8 I would not be able to afford the coverage either unless I did a DIY! Nice work! My hat is off to both of you! :goodjob:
Thank you! :Namaste: If you ever decide to give it a go there are plenty of people here willing to help. ShiggityFlip gave me a detailed parts list that I have shared with a couple of people. Graytail has pretty extensive experience with it and has helped out a few with their builds and Buckshot helped me out quite a bit as well. here is no shortage of support when it comes to this community!

Thank you! :Namaste: If you ever decide to give it a go there are plenty of people here willing to help. ShiggityFlip gave me a detailed parts list that I have shared with a couple of people. Graytail has pretty extensive experience with it and has helped out a few with their builds and Buckshot helped me out quite a bit as well. here is no shortage of support when it comes to this community!
Awesome! Thanks! This community is amazing! It's an "all for one and one for all" place for sure. When we move and I get a bigger grow space I'll likely need to upgrade my lighting. Sadly it looks like that is a year away, but time grows fast. That's like 3 grows away! :rofl:

Awesome! Thanks! This community is amazing! It's an "all for one and one for all" place for sure. When we move and I get a bigger grow space I'll likely need to upgrade my lighting. Sadly it looks like that is a year away, but time grows fast. That's like 3 grows away! :rofl:
I’m liking now you measure time! Awesome

You should build your lights like Amy! Wow she did a great job... and you already have everyone you’ll need to get them up and running! Since you have a year, plenty of time to gather all the parts...

Your little ladies are looking great btw, coming along very nicely.

Edit: oops, sorry forgot that Yeti had already said most of what I said about the lights... my bad. But hey, we’re all just trying to save you money!

Back
Top Bottom