Alex801's New Scrog - Pepper Jack + Super Lemon Haze - 600 Watt HPS

Hey jaga friend good weeeeeed :) CFls for another week till I think Sunday. Then a week more veg but with hps then hps all through flowering. May keep some 6400k CFls in too for more spectrum

Good weed spimp :) and light addict. Il get on it soon as I have time :)

hey, where did you get that light from, my local church is not lit up on the one side anymore, im sure it was one just like that, hmmm

maybe ill go get the other one, lol

i was just on about these floodlights in another journal, my local tool station sells them very cheap, 150watt hps comes in an enclosed black case with glass covering the bulb and reflector, their waterproof for outdoor use and used to light up hotels and the sides of monuments and stuff like that, so they work out cheaper but you either need to suspend the whole unit so its all enclosed and the bulb facing down, or you need to strip it down and attach wires to the bulb holder and ballast to extend it, just make sure you use pretty thick wire as it will get hot if its to thin, so you want good thick wire to extend it from, but that light will work well, you want the side of the bulb facing the plants unless you use a parabolic reflector then you can mount it how you had it in the pic,
the parabolic reflectors direct the light more and most big grow rooms use them,

so you do have options, either use it as it is and hang it so the bulb is facing downwards and leave it built as it is, or strip it down and have the ballast mounted on the floor or wall then run long wires to the bulb holder which unscrews out of the unit its in, you would just need a reflector then unless you using the one its got with it,

i think if i was going to go and get the other light from the lit side of the church then id just mount the light as it is and have the bulb facing down, i know their waterproof so heat shouldnt really be an issue as their left out in the rain so got to be totally water and frost proof,

Haha not from ur church lol it's my 400watter I bought off a auction site a while back. £35 I paid had two grows off it and have a new bulb for when this one goes into flower. As for the parabolic reflector there cool but big and expensive. Il be extending the wires with household "1st fix" wire kinda like the stuff u wire a cooker too lol it's near as thick as a coat hanger lol so will take it no probs :)

I no the lights u mean they have them at car dealerships pointing up at the manafacturers names n that
They'd work great I was subbed to a grow that was using 4 of them on a pole over a Scrog. Hps is hps at the end of the day. Long as the spectrums somewere near its all good :)

Good weed don p

Never caped light addict but I'm guna try before long.

Good night all off to sleep

I agree hps is hps, ive been using for the first time a 250w street light head and i love the results, the globe is rated at 2050k which should be fine. As for heat a street light head is a lot of Fing about to split the ballast and light so i left it as is and have found that as long as there is constant air movement in the room all is ok. I have a 6" extracting fan at the top of my small tent and an inlet vent at the bottom oppeset corner with a small fan running next to it that way the air is always circulating through the plants and the up and around the light and is then cool to touch the casing, fixed my heat probs with the ballast and light being together, but if you can separate then even better

Hey jaga friend good weeeeeed :) CFls for another week till I think Sunday. Then a week more veg but with hps then hps all through flowering. May keep some 6400k CFls in too for more spectrum

Good weed spimp :) and light addict. Il get on it soon as I have time :)

Sound,s like a great idea an the goal is in sight once again :thumb:

Happy Tokesday Alex:circle-of-love:

ah the old street lights, when i lived down south i had a mate who used to shimmy up the lamp posts every time he needed to replace his bulb, every 12 months he would find a nice new lamp post and climb up and swap his old bulb for the new bulb, the light still worked but he got a new bulb to fit in his light,

he could only do it in the daytime so had to find lights a bit out of the way or along footpaths, he used to climb up the post then shimmy along the pole at the top until he got to the end then unclip the cover and swap the bulbs, not something id do myself but he used to do it quite often, if he saw a new light go up he would be up it the next day swapping the bulbs, his grow light was an old street lamp with the wires extended, the ballast was all stripped down and fitted to a metal plate so it could be mounted on a wall or the floor then he just used cables to extend and mounted a hood to the bulb,

Happy Weednesday Alex:circle-of-love:

Happy Thursday friends. Managed to take a few pics before work today of the v Scrog
Day 25 of veg

image3852.jpg

image3853.jpg

image3854.jpg

image3855.jpg

Also guys I wonder if someone can help.....
Last grow I didn't use any carbon filter just air freshiners (never again)
In previous grows iv used a homemade carbon filter and cheap bathroom extractor fan. Never cleared as much smell as I'd like tho.

So iv ordered a 5" rhino carbon filter
Question is does anyone no how many "litres per minute" (lpm) the fan I choose to run it should be?
I guess more is better but what lpm is a ballpark figure?

Thankyou reps waiting lol

Also guys I wonder if someone can help.....
Last grow I didn't use any carbon filter just air freshiners (never again)
In previous grows iv used a homemade carbon filter and cheap bathroom extractor fan. Never cleared as much smell as I'd like tho.

So iv ordered a 5" rhino carbon filter
Question is does anyone no how many "litres per minute" (lpm) the fan I choose to run it should be?
I guess more is better but what lpm is a ballpark figure?

Thankyou reps waiting lol

Hey Alex great LST I do understand the Q I dont understand the math,s but my tent is a 2x2 and 180cm in hieght now I have a 6inch duct pipe leading out on the top of my tent at the start of the pipe I have a cheap turbo suck an blow fan this gives enough suck to pull every thing through in second,s through into the filter which is also a cheap carbon filter. If it help,s for the size of my tent it give,s enough suck to pull in the walls so I have to have an open window. I wish I could help a little more. But if it is simply the smell that you are a little worried about maybe get an Ona block, it will neutralize all smell, so I have been told as my filter is on it,s forth go I really aint sure it,s going to hold out for this grow so please could you also let me know how good or not the Rihino filter is
sorry I aint so great at explaining thing,s so try Slee bay and Hem,s hydro this guy,s good and he is very discrete, good luck bro it,s all looking excellent
Plus happy tokersday mate :grinjoint:

Thankuo jaga I'm thinking of buying the most powerful extractor fan I can which I think is 150 lpm. Iv just paid £50 for the filter so I want to get the most of of it I can and not buy many odourisers. I'm not sure if the extractor will have the power to push the air through the filter at the end of the ducting or if il have to buy a specific inline filter which is again nor money. I. Can get a good extractor fan for £15-£20

Back
Top Bottom