pH adjusted to 6.21 @ 22.2 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> G13xGB, KK2 (veg):

1. Feed: 1-1/2 gal each
   Per gal:	
	 1  T  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Adjusted with water to 900 ppm (from ~970 ppm)
   pH adjusted to 6.25 @ 22.3 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> MTO2, MTO3, OC6:

1. Flush: 1 gallon water each
         no additives
   pH adjusted to 6.27 @ 21.7 C 

--> TBD1:

1. Flush: 2 gallons water
   Per gal:	
	 2  T Clearex
   pH adjusted to 6.24 @ 21.6 C (should have been pH 6.4)

--> PS, BD (bloom):

1. Pre-flush: 1/2 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.21 @ 21.5 C

2. Feed PS, BD: 1 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozime
      Natural @ 1100 ppm (from ~1185 ppm)
      pH adjusted to  6.22 @ 21.8 C
	1/2 t  Companion

I have lots of pictures but little time this evening. I'm trying to get the old girls down that I'm hashing up. I need the space.

SchB.1B is completely dead. This is not good because the only other surviving Schnazzleberry cutting is most likely a goner as well. I tried. I really did. :( I moved the new Matty clones down to the small-and-weak tray. CryLo.1A is looking fantastic if not large, and the two KK2 clones are really taking off now.

I have pictures of it all and more. It's a real good bet I'll have time tomorrow night too, so remember to come on back then and it'll be more interesting. :slide:

:peace:

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

Schnassleberry!? NOOOO!!!!!!!

(that's too bad man. sorry to hear. glad you got all those other, eh?)

Aberration, A mutual friend suggested that I check out your Grow Journal so here I am!!! I have a lot of reading to do but I have been told it will be well worth it... Well it's snowing big time where I am at so I have plenty of free time to catch up here!!!! weeeeee!

Aberration, A mutual friend suggested that I check out your Grow Journal so here I am!!! I have a lot of reading to do but I have been told it will be well worth it... Well it's snowing big time where I am at so I have plenty of free time to catch up here!!!! weeeeee!

:welcome: I hope you find my thread useful. Please feel free to ask questions. :ganjamon:

---

I know I didn't do pics last night. I will try to post them later tonight.

I gave away a dozen plants from veg. That brings me to 18 in the trays, but 2 of them have dead growing tips. That being the case they can't grow, and the existing leaves just get greener and greener. One of those is the only SchB left, as mentioned.

Between MTO3 and OC6, I got a total of 21 oz + 20 g. Too bad it was all Orange Cream. No more of that. I don't have it any more. Great haul, poor taste, smell and buzz. That's not what I want to grow.

Feed report coming up...

I finished stripping MTO2, MTO3, and OC6 of all the hash-able popcorn bud. I cut them down and removed them from the room. That leaves 3 openings in bloom.

So I transplanted KK2 and G13xGB into 10 gallon pots and put them in the bloom room.

Finally!

Now the veg table looks so empty. I need to put some of these into 2 gallon bags soon.

Also, I see a few roots under the cloning tray inserts. We have at least 3 rooted KK! They will all probably start popping roots now. Yipee! KK is some nice smoke.

Code:
--> Strong clonelings:

G13xGB.1A
    G13xGB.1D
    G13xGB.1G
    PS.1A
    PS.1D
    PS.1E
    BD.1C
    BD.1F
    KK2.1A
    KK2.1B

1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Adjusted with Bioactive to 600 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.25 @ 20.4 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i

--> Weaker/younger clonelings:

MT1
    MT2
    MT3
    BD.1H
    BD.1J
    CryLo.1A
    G13xGB.1H
    SchB.1A

1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 1  t  PGE
	 5  t  Bioactive
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Natural @ 525 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.29 @ 20.3 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i

--> TBD1 (flushing):

1. Flushed: 2 gallons water
   Per gal:	
	 2  T Clearex
   pH adjusted to 6.32 @ 20.5 C (target pH: 6.4)

--> G13xGB, KK2 (transitioning):

1. Transplanted to 10 gal pots with myco.

2. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 2  T  Bioactive
	 1  t  Big Foot
	 2  t  PGE
         1 oz. Yucca
   Natural at 420 ppm
   pH adjusted to  6.26 @ 20.7 C
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i

3. Placed in bloom room away from lights.

--> PS, BD (blooming):

1. Pre-flushed: 1/2 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.39 @ 19.9 C

2. Fed PS, BD: 1 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozime
   Diluted with water to 1100 ppm (from ~1230 ppm)
   pH adjusted to  6.23 @ 20.5 C
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i

Pictures!

I need to catch up. There's a lot coming. Hang on...

First, from Monday, Feb 1st, the new Matanuskan Thunderfuck clones I got. They are just rooted in plugs, wrapped in a wet paper towel and dropped into a ziploc. Rough treatment indeed:

20100201Aber-00-rooted-mt.jpg

Here they are potted:

20100201Aber-02-potted.jpg

Here's the rooting KK2 and G13xGB cuttings:

20100201Aber-01-rooting.jpg

Here's the veg area (minus the two big girls):

20100201Aber-03-veg.jpg

And here is the bud from MTO3 and OC6. There is so much, and it's so fluffy:

20100201Aber-04-oc6-mto3.jpg

From Wednesday, Feb. 3rd.

Here's a shot of BD. You can see OC6 remains still hanging on in the background here:

20100203Aber-00-bd.jpg

Here's my assistant, clipping away at the popcorn bud. She's a real soldier in here:

20100203Aber-01-for-hash.jpg

Here's a shot of some of the popcorn. I know that looks substantial, but it ends up being worthless as bud:

20100203Aber-02-like-this.jpg

We filled a whole bunch of paper grocery bags with this:

20100203Aber-03-into-this.jpg

Then we rolled them down and stapled them. We put this in the freezer. We did a bunch of these bags. This morning (today, Feb 6) they were carried off to the hashmaker. :cheesygrinsmiley: :

20100203Aber-04-done.jpg

Continuing Thursday, Feb 4th:

Here's BD:

20100204Aber-11-bd.jpg

20100204Aber-12-bd.jpg

The left side of veg:

20100204Aber-13-veg.jpg

And the right side:

20100204Aber-14-g13xgb-kk2.jpg

I got the right combination of inserts and trays so that I don't have to pull that garbage bag 'liner' bs anymore. Yay! Here you can see the holes in this insert:

20100204Aber-15-insert.jpg

I put them in these white trays, which I already had:

20100204Aber-16-tray.jpg

Here's a new overview of small veg. First, side one of the weaklings:

20100204Aber-17-veg.jpg

Here's a closer view of the Matties:

20100204Aber-18-matties.jpg

Weaklings, side 2:

20100204Aber-19-veg.jpg

Hang on, there's more...

I don't think SchB.1A has any viable growing points left. :(

20100204Aber-20-shcb_1a-dying.jpg

This little G13xGB refuses to surrender:

20100204Aber-21-veg.jpg

Check out little BD.1J. She has tripled her height! She is now 1.5 inches tall:

20100204Aber-22-bd_1j.jpg

Side one of the first strong tray:

20100204Aber-23-veg.jpg

Closer:

20100204Aber-24-veg.jpg

Side two of the first strong tray:

20100204Aber-25-veg.jpg

Side one of the second strong tray:

20100204Aber-26-veg.jpg

Side two of the second strong tray. This whole tray could be transplanted into 2 gallon grow bags just any time:

20100204Aber-27-veg.jpg

Not quite done...

From tonight, Feb 6th. These are the last for now.

I transplanted KK2 and G13xGB, so I had to take root pictures. Here is KK2:

20100206Aber-00-kk2.jpg

Here is G13xGB:

20100206Aber-01-ps.jpg

20100206Aber-02-ps.jpg

Veg looks so empty without KK2 or G13xGB:

20100206Aber-03-veg.jpg

Quick overview of veg:

20100206Aber-04-veg.jpg

20100206Aber-05-veg.jpg

When you look into the bloom room on the left side of the door, this is what you see. That's G13xGB, with KK2 behind, and PS in the far back. G13xGB and KK2 are away from directly under the lights tonight:

20100206Aber-06-g13xgb-kk2-ps.jpg

On the right side of the doorway is BD with TBD1 in back. I put TBD1 back on a bucket to finish. She wasn't close enough. I adjusted the light and she's great now:

20100206Aber-07-bd-tbd1.jpg

So here's PS. Keep in mind that the plant is 4 feet tall where it passes the horizontal bars there:

20100206Aber-08-ps.jpg

Here's G13xGB, twisted up. She needs some time to cope I think:

20100206Aber-09-g13xgb.jpg

Here is a pic of KK2:

20100206Aber-10-kk2.jpg

TBD1 is just about finished:

20100206Aber-11-tbd1.jpg

BD continues to do well:

20100206Aber-12-bd.jpg

OK. I'm done for now. I'm glad I was able to split that over two pages, so you folks weren't slammed too hard all at once.

Wow Aberration, you are a prodigious bud producer and photo poster for sure! :woohoo:

I was looking at your flood basin and saw that you built your own frame for it. Great job on that; I'm going to have to make one someday.

Oh, why the grass interspersed among your cuttings? Do they help the cannabis in some way?

i think that's garlic chives, no? if so, they should repel some pests.

hell of an update man. made my mouth water. Go Schnazzleberry, Go!! lol

Just ook at those colas low up! I love your updates..Thats lemon grass in the veg area yeah or no?

Wow Aberration, you are a prodigious bud producer and photo poster for sure! :woohoo:

I was looking at your flood basin and saw that you built your own frame for it. Great job on that; I'm going to have to make one someday.

Oh, why the grass interspersed among your cuttings? Do they help the cannabis in some way?

i think that's garlic chives, no? if so, they should repel some pests.

hell of an update man. made my mouth water. Go Schnazzleberry, Go!! lol

Man that is a great looking crop ,, Nice pictures thanks for a keen job

Thanks folks. I appreciate the encouragement. That is garlic chives as newsisnoise said. They are the simplest companion planting choice to repel spider mites, which is my primary concern.

---

@ munki: The table frame was pretty simple. I even used shelf brackets to reinforce the one leg. Two sides are attached to walls so the other three corners don't need legs. In the next phase, hopefully to commence this summer, I expect I'll be using three 3'x3' tables.

I also want to use an 8-tube fixture instead. The flexibility of these lights is fine, but it's fiddle-y. I would rather keep it simple. Also I intend to put that whiteboard paneling (abitibi?) that is used above shower stalls around the sides of the table and caulk all the seams. That way if I need to spray I can just raise a light or two and spray away.

That's the plan anyway. Plans tend to change though. We'll see what happens when I get there.

---

I got a full size tripod for the camera today, so I'm hoping to get even sharper pictures from time to time now.

---

I moved G13xGB and KK2 more under the lights. I also pinched the tallest branches, because the damn thing is 4' tall now and I'm in over my head again. Why do I always do this? She's going to get huge. I only have a 9' ceiling. She can only put on a couple feet of new height or it's bend city. :helpsmilie:

---

I found what I believe might be a cheaper-yet-still-appropriate relay today at Fry's to use in my quest for computer monitoring and control.

The problem is a complete lack of confidence on my part in the relays I will be flipping via USB. The vendor says they are rated for 240VAC. The relay itself says right on the side it is rated for 120VAC. The vendor assures me it is a labeling mistake. I am not reassured by the vendor's claim. Sorry. I'll trust them with 120VAC only. That said, I could easily have that relay drive a second relay that has a 120VAC coil, but is rated for switching 40A @ 300VAC or 5A @ 600VAC. The DPDT ones I have used have easy screw terminals and can bolt down directly. but they are $65 each. Ouch!

Today I went to Fry's and found a 120VAC relay that is contact rated for 250VAC/28VDC 10A res., 250VAC 7A gen. To my understanding, that means this relay is fine for 240VAC as long as I stay under 7A.

So I did the math. My heater is 120VAC so it's fine without a relay. The AC is going to need the $65 relay, because it's huge and pulls big current. The only other high-current item is lights. So assuming 10% waste, a 600W light could be assumed to use 700W of power. At 240VAC, that's 2.92A. Even if I went with 1000W lights, each light only pulls (1000 * 1.1)/240 = 4.58A. This Fry's relay should be fine if I keep it to two or less lights per Fry's relay. Since the USB relay can flip several of these, there's no problem. Plus the new relay only costs $11.99.

There's a minor issue though. The new relay is an 8 pin octal socket style mount, so I need the socket. Naturally, Fry's had one that fit rated 600V 10A for only $3.99. So not much of a problem really.

So I should be able to buy 4 of these, plus 4 sockets, for $1 less than 1 of the old relays. Woot! Now I'll be able to afford to stage the lights on and off.

Here's a pic of what I was jabbering about. First, all three. Left to right - previous style relay, new style relay, socket for new relay:

20100207Aber-00-relays.jpg

And close-ups so you can read for yourself...

The previous style relay:

20100207Aber-03-relays.jpg

New sexy hotness relay from Fry's:

20100207Aber-01-relays.jpg

Socket for sexy new relay:

20100207Aber-02-relays.jpg

I'm pretty sure I understand this correctly, but is there an electrician in the house?

:ganjamon:

Code:
--> Strong clonelings (10):

1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Adjusted with Bioactive to 600 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.20 @ 21.0 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> Weaker/younger clonelings (8):

1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 1  t  PGE
	 5  t  Bioactive
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Natural @ 525 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.23 @ 20.3 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> TBD1 (flushing):

1. Flushed: 2 gallons water
   Per gal:	
	 2  T Clearex
   pH adjusted to 6.36 @ 20.4 C (target pH: 6.4)

--> PS, BD, G13xGB, KK2 (bloom):

1. Pre-flushed: 1/2 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.20 @ 20.3 C

2. Fed BD: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozime
   Diluted with water to 1200 ppm (from ~1300 ppm)
   pH adjusted to  6.21 @ 20.5 C
	1/2 t  Companion

2. Fed PS: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozime
   Diluted with water to 1200 ppm (from ~1300 ppm)
   pH adjusted to  6.21 @ 20.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion

4. Feed G13xGB, KK2: 1 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 1  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Diluted with water to 700 ppm (from ~1170 ppm)
   pH adjusted to  6.25 @ 20.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion

PS has entered her final 3 weeks before flush, so her recipe is changing now.

I'm psyched!

I got my grow-room allowance the other day. So between yesterday and today I have spent somewhere around $1K on stuff for the grow.

I now have enough of all the nutrients and supplements I use to last me for an entire bloom cycle and then some. This is no small thing as that adds up to $600-700 worth of gallon jugs.

I also bought another round of soil-less mix ingredients. The timing on this is great because I'm almost out and a lot of transplanting is right around the proverbial corner.

I finally bought an atomizer for spraying the plants for bugs and foliar feedings etc. If you check my signature for the link on how I handle spider mites, that post has a picture of the atomizer I bought. I had been borrowing one from my mentor, but that's a long drive, maybe an hour and a half round-trip. So lately I had been using a hand pump garden sprayer with small tank. The new atomizer will make my life much easier. Too bad it was $250.

I purchased a backup TDS meter, and tomorrow I plan to pick up a backup pH meter too. I purchased extra calibration/storage solutions for those as well.

I have a second bottle of Azatrol now, as well as 2 lbs of Bt-i (Gnatrol) and 3 lbs of myco dust. I bought 40 more 3.5" pots, and a new 60-100x scope.

Finally, I bought new bulbs for the HID lights. For the 3 600W HPS I got GE Lucalox PSL bulbs. For the 1 600W MH I got a Ushio HiLUX GRO conversion bulb - all four ballasts are HPS. I had not noticed a decrease in light and my harvests seem fine, but I understand that the productivity of the plants drops as the light bulb ages and dims. I have heard they should be replaced every 6-12 months. The current set is 13 months old.

Tomorrow I plan to buy the backup pH meter, and refill the second 50-lb CO2 tank. At that point I expect to have about $300 left to cover unexpected expenses, so I should be good to go as long as I don't have any major equipment failures. I need to start an emergency fund for just that situation, but for now I know where I could borrow money in a pinch.

Soon I will start saving for phase II of my grow: I hope to add a second 11'x14' room this summer. That will be the new veg/mixing/res area. The wall between the current bloom and the current veg can and will be removed, and with the veg relocated that will expand the bloom room to 9'x18'. :cheer:

This would all be easier if I was selling, but I'm not. Good thing I have a good job. Indoor gardening is not cheap, but it's worth every penny.

I for one see very good work being done ,, Good posts and great pictures ,,Thanks for all your input and time

Ab, you put so much time and energy into your posts... Thanks for all your feeding details man it really puts it all in perspective.

Still cant wait to see what the finished TBD1 looks like!

Back
Top Bottom