Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

Pictures:

Here's a cool picture I took by accident:

SS855286-cool.JPG

Here's OC1 hung up. The fan leaves have been removed. The manicurists will trim it next:

SS855294-oc1-hung.JPG

I emptied the pots of some of the plants already harvested. I wanted to see what the root balls looked like. All three of the ones I checked were the same. They looked like this coming out of the pot:

SS855307-rootball.JPG

Then when I cut into the rootball I found it disintegrated easily. I started using an old saw, but quickly decided it was pointless. There were fine roots everywhere that held the soil together. The really dense mass of root was only 6-8" across and 3-4" deep. The rest was just the finer roots everywhere:

SS855308-rootball-shredded.JPG

:peace:

holy shyte batman!! i think alfred got stoned and pulled without us!! +rep

:rofl:

So last night I did nothing. MTO1 didn't need water. Some nights I get off easy. Later, I'll do a feeding.

---

Today I recorded final dry weight for the jarred MTN2 and OC3.

MTN2 produced just north of 6 oz, plus I've probably already smoked 1/4 oz myself already.

This stuff is the bomb. I'm told by people with a better sense of taste that it has a great one. I know it gets me wrecked - fast. I usually smoke 1.0-1.2 g joints by myself for medical reasons. I usually forget I was getting high about 3/4 of the way through a joint of good pot. I only get about 1/3 of the way through a j of Matty. I love this stuff.

Have I said this before?

The OC3 was a good producer at a bit more that 14 oz. It has a hint of spicy orange to me. It's an up high. Don't smoke it late or it will keep you up. Not a strong (4/10) or long lasting buzz (5/10). Everyone else seems to like it though. Who am I to argue with the majority?

That brings me to 4.1 lb so far for this round. Two more plants still to go. OC1 is drying now. MTN2 is harvest-ready in a couple days, but longer is better, so she will wait until it is convenient. Which could be in 2 days - I don't know yet.

Sativa Claus rides again tonight. :cool:

Simply beautiful Aberration! 4lbs and two plants left, you must be very pleased. Great success with the nutes man that's one hell of a formula. 2nd grow my ass, your a pro dude...

Thank you. I dunno about pro. Anyone with the same nutes. and soil, and a controllable environment could obviously do as well. I'm just following on those that went before me.

I hope that my thank you's don't come across as shallow or unconvincing. I do appreciate all of your comments. I'm just not really very good at smalltalk - I'm kind of geeky that way. So I do my best to be polite. That's why I'm so wordy when people ask questions, I think. It's because it's so much easier to respond to a question than it is to figure out some gracious way to say thank you, I guess. Either that or it's that I'm stoned. ;)

It is nice to have the cream of my own homegrown for a stash, I'll say that much. :)

So today is a 'big' feed, which isn't saying much atm:

Code:
--> MTO2, KK1, MTO3, OC6, OC7, MTN3 (*VEG*):
1. Feed: 3/4 gal for MTO2, 1/2 gal for KK1, 1/4 gal for rest
   Per gal:
	 1  T  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 .5 t  Companion
   Dilute to 890 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.28 @ 21.2 C

2. Dilute: 1/2 gal for SchB:
   Dilute to 740 ppm
   Brought down with golden amber to pH 6.23 @ 21.0 C
Code:
--> MTO1:
1. Flush: 1 gallon plain water

The 'manicurists' are raring to go on MTO1, so she will probably come out on Wednesday.

Edit: Checked the trichomes: they are pretty uniformly cloudy. It'll be good timing on Wednesday.

Again, you all are so kind.

I tied out MTO2 today. Actually, I staked her out, to be precise. She is now bowl-shaped and quite large. I also stripped away a lot of suckers and dying undergrowth. She is ready for the bloom room. Here's what she looks like from the side in her 10 gallon pot:

SS855312-mto2-staked1.JPG

Here is a very blurry overhead pic so you can see what she looks like. I would take a clearer one, but I risked my neck taking this one and you get the idea. That is a yardstick laying across the branches, and that is white duct tape on the ends of the stakes (to help avoid putting my eye out):

SS855313-mto2-staked2.JPG

Finally, here is a shot under the canopy. Nine stakes. A tenth may come later - I have a branch in mind to fill the empty space in the center-top. I'm keeping that branch at the bottom-right for a clone or two, otherwise it would be gone:

SS855314-mto2-staked3.JPG

The problem now is that she takes up half the floor space in the veg-room/work-area. There is simply too little room on the veg table to put her back now. Good thing I'll be able to move her into the bloom room in a little over 24 hours. I would go nuts with her in the way for too long. It's really tight in here as it is. I so need to add the new veg area, but I must be patient. I need to have another project inspected by the city first, and that one is not completed. No rest for the wicked, I suppose.

Lookin good Aberration! I cant wait to see how she beasts out in flower... Nice stake job bro!

Today I harvested MTO1. I scrubbed the bloom room floor. I couldn't get it perfect without chemicals. This is good enough. Sample corner before:

SS855334-before.JPG

Sample corner after:

SS855337-after.JPG

Here is a better shot down the center of MTN2:

SS855355-mto1.JPG

She is now in the bloom room under the 600W MH only on a 21/3 cycle (same as before). She's 30" from the glass. I want to give her some growing time before I flip her.

I will be spraying and wiping down everything with a peroxide solution ASAP. I also need more garlic chives.

Finally, here is a patchwork pano from the back of the bloom room looking out:

2009-10-14-pano.jpg

Code:
1. Feed: 1 gal for MTO2, 3/4 gal for KK1, 1/4 gal for rest
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 .5 t  Companion
   Dilute to 900 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.26 @ 21.0 C

Dilute to 700 ppm
   Brought down with golden amber to pH 6.23 @ 21.0 C

Having trimmers come in ah geee... my wife and I have been trimming for over 3 weeks and only half done.. no one wants to come down here and be paid for this, even in this economy. On the other hand I miss that being back in my ol home town area I.e. Portland, to call up some close by homies and trim for awhile.. I make it back there occasionally but left in 70's.. Then coming back and setting up indoor grows via Platt Electric and their endless supply of 1K Halides and HPS.. before any grow shops ever opened up.. baking out and going to Marcos or the Buffalo Gap and of course my fave,
The Ringside, along wit the ol Jazz de Opus, but they are closed now I hear..
Any way Aberration, again my hats off to you sir!!. You continue to amaze me in your quest for excellence and not settling for anything less in your grows.. Please send some trimmers my way full airfare R/T. You have and continue to share your valuable knowledge to many amongst us here in forum, and that brother is an ultimate kudos, Job Well Done. I have started using a pre flush with the Liquid Bone Meal / and Lime, and have already witnessed the results in this new (no not posted yet) way top apply liquid fertilizers..I am always trying to learn something new every day and have applied this new way..

Really super grow room setup. Do your clothes smell after drying your plants near them?

Thanks. That isn't my closet, but I imagine those coats reek.

Having trimmers come in ah geee... my wife and I have been trimming for over 3 weeks and only half done.. no one wants to come down here and be paid for this, even in this economy. On the other hand I miss that being back in my ol home town area I.e. Portland, to call up some close by homies and trim for awhile.. I make it back there occasionally but left in 70's.. Then coming back and setting up indoor grows via Platt Electric and their endless supply of 1K Halides and HPS.. before any grow shops ever opened up.. baking out and going to Marcos or the Buffalo Gap and of course my fave,
The Ringside, along wit the ol Jazz de Opus, but they are closed now I hear..
Any way Aberration, again my hats off to you sir!!. You continue to amaze me in your quest for excellence and not settling for anything less in your grows.. Please send some trimmers my way full airfare R/T. You have and continue to share your valuable knowledge to many amongst us here in forum, and that brother is an ultimate kudos, Job Well Done. I have started using a pre flush with the Liquid Bone Meal / and Lime, and have already witnessed the results in this new (no not posted yet) way top apply liquid fertilizers..I am always trying to learn something new every day and have applied this new way..

Thank you. I actually send the plants out for trimming to another location. There just wasn't enough time for me to keep up.

Glad to hear you are trying the preflush. Let me know how that goes for you, since my mentor and I are the only ones I've ever heard of doing this. I would love to see how it works for others.

Abb.... why don't you have it in the standard square layout?

I need some more pics... I haven't quite yet got the visual of your exact room...

is there a way you could take some video?

Abb.... why don't you have it in the standard square layout?

I need some more pics... I haven't quite yet got the visual of your exact room...

is there a way you could take some video?

I don't have it in a square because I have 3 HPS lights and 1 MH light (all 600W). I want to put 6 plants under that and I want them to evenly share the HPS and to evenly share the MH too. I started out with the plants in a circle, with an HPS shared between each pair of plants, and the MH in the middle.

The problem is that I found it difficult to do anything in the room without brushing against colas later in bloom. There wasn't enough room to maneuver in there at all. The only real solution was to crawl around underneath. I smoke pot medicinally for my poor knees, so I don't crawl. This last round it was crazy and the first plant in this time will be over 3' across to start. I can't do that again.

I would like to go with a row of three on each side of a center aisle, but I need another light if I want to do that and have light equality. Besides, the AC is right where the fourth HPS would go.

So I decided that they can be along two adjacent walls. That puts one in each of three corners, two more between them, and one out under the MH in the center of the room. Like this:

20091016-layout.jpg

That's the bloom room on the left. I hacked that out in Paint, so I apologize for the crap quality.

Anyway, you can see where I moved the lights to. The green blobs are where the plants go, with the one in the center of the room being the smallest and newest. When I need to work, I can drag it over to the corner where the red circle is. Then I have fairly good access to all the pots.

The bloom side is about 9x10, and the veg side on the right is about 9x8. I didn't place the divider wall in quite the center of the room.

The 5 plants along the walls never move once placed. That way I can spread them out better. The small plant in the center is just acclamatizing and waiting for a permanent slot to open up.

That's the theory anyway. Right now, the bottom-left HPS (#3) and the MH (#2) are lit, and MTO2 is centered between them.

Does that make sense or am I just too high. Seems like a good plan, but I'm always ripped by the time I work on it, so I could be full of crap.

Please, folks, give me some feedback on this idea. I can't think of a better way to distribute the light more evenly and still get the accessibility I need.

---

Yesterday:
Code:
--> MTO2: 1 gallon plain water (looked like it was starting to wilt)
Today:
Code:
1. Feed: 1 gal for MTO2 &  KK1, 1/4 gal for rest
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 .5 t  Companion
   Dilute to 900 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.22 @ 21.2 C

Dilute to 700 ppm