A Modest Attempt At A 101 Growers Guide

I pulled some blue dream out of the bucket for a progress test nug.

20200713_001527.jpg

And some lemon cheese
20200713_003250.jpg

The lemon cheese is actually taking on more of a citrus smell as time goes on curing. Noticeable shift in smell

Vegging out after up potting the babies. Gave them their 1st gram per gallon of nutes. Want them to acquire a taste for the nutes and grow to be trees!

Kind of dumb to throw them in 3 gallons because I will be putting them in bigger pots but I'll let them rock out in these for now
sounds like yur raising crack babies... :laugh:

I like the shape and tightness-firmness of the buds.. That lemon-Cheese looks allot like Colombian Gold or Skunk derivative ..
Super lemon haze x exodus cheese. So she has some skunk lineage for sure, thus the cheese. I'm happy with the strain for sure. I have one more freebie of it so I'll be saving that one for when I run out.

Super lemon haze x exodus cheese. So she has some skunk lineage for sure, thus the cheese. I'm happy with the strain for sure. I have one more freebie of it so I'll be saving that one for when I run out.
Looks all good but not a fan of lemon peels & cheese thing.. I like earthy musky incense mountain Kush type aromas like Sandalwood.. But I'm glad you're into it..That's why there seems to be a strain for everyone..

Looks all good but not a fan of lemon peels & cheese thing.. I like earthy musky incense mountain Kush type aromas like Sandalwood.. But I'm glad you're into it..That's why there seems to be a strain for everyone..
I do love the cheese and citrus personally but I get what you mean. I mean their are strains that smell and maybe? Taste like cat piss haha. I like the variety and I really like when the taste is distinct and not like chlorophyll or grassy. Sure I have preferences but new tastes in bud is exciting. To date my absolute favorite is Cherry Pie

I do love the cheese and citrus personally but I get what you mean. I mean their are strains that smell and maybe? Taste like cat piss haha. I like the variety and I really like when the taste is distinct and not like chlorophyll or grassy. Sure I have preferences but new tastes in bud is exciting. To date my absolute favorite is Cherry Pie
Mine go back to spending summers near keystone - Breckenridge Colorado up in the mountains fishing on the Blue river for Cutty's and brookies.. It would lightly drizzle all day, with sun shining. Smelled like wet birch leaves, and mineral aroma soggy soil. Those earthy mountain scents were so intense.. Maybe the incense thing goes back to my teen years where everyone had a burner and assortment of cones or sticks, that take me back to Rundgren - Zeppelin-ish dreams of Frankincense and myrrh silk road caravan trade..

I loved zeppelin and floyd on vinyl. I used to always burn incense. My favorite was pounding surf but I bought them stoned and always thought it was a smurf sex joke and thought they were called pounding smurf until fairly recently

I loved zeppelin and floyd on vinyl. I used to always burn incense. My favorite was pounding surf but I bought them stoned and always thought it was a smurf sex joke and thought they were called pounding smurf until fairly recently
That's funny as hell.. Yeah, a Floyd playlist goes well with a couch lock high. Along with solo Waters and Gilmore stuff that catalog is huge..:rofl:

Veg tent lil ones are looking good. The tip that comes to mind here is how to water seedlings.

I personally like to mist them with water until they get their first leaf. Then in this case, I up potted them. I would have gone to five gallon pots but I only had 3 gallons so that's what they are in currently.

Now, I water around the edge of the pot with a watering can. I highly recommend fabric pots with a drain pan and a riser underneath, especially if you are new to watering these or any plants.

Flowering tent looks good but I noticed some brown or rusty spots on the leaves. They were in need of a watering or overdue. I gave them around 4 grams per gallon MC in 3 total gallons for the 4 plants.

I added calmag. I'm pretty new on this diagnosing front so I'll have to take a pic and see what you all think.

Next is setting up the watering system. I have next week off so that will be completed soon. Automatic watering system set on a timer running to little horseshoe sprinklers.

Finally, I've been burping the buckets/bags of bud from the last harvest. I highly recommend this method. Bud goes into 3 gallon turkey bags, into 5 gallon buckets with screw on tops with gaskets and throw in humidity packs. I was out burping or releasing the build up and letting fresh air in and checked out a nug of Lemon Cheese.

20200714_233621.jpg

20200715_001606.jpg

Last tip of the day for my attempt at a 101. When photographing a nug play around with different backgrounds and lighting. There are options for purchase but the world is your backdrop! I've been drawn to this hood but have a few other ideas in mind as well.

Have no idea what I'm doing with this journal but I hope you're enjoying it. Feel free to throw in tips or questions, whatever. Thanks

MG :passitleft:

Veg tent lil ones are looking good. The tip that comes to mind here is how to water seedlings.

I personally like to mist them with water until they get their first leaf. Then in this case, I up potted them. I would have gone to five gallon pots but I only had 3 gallons so that's what they are in currently.

Now, I water around the edge of the pot with a watering can. I highly recommend fabric pots with a drain pan and a riser underneath, especially if you are new to watering these or any plants.

Flowering tent looks good but I noticed some brown or rusty spots on the leaves. They were in need of a watering or overdue. I gave them around 4 grams per gallon MC in 3 total gallons for the 4 plants.

I added calmag. I'm pretty new on this diagnosing front so I'll have to take a pic and see what you all think.

Next is setting up the watering system. I have next week off so that will be completed soon. Automatic watering system set on a timer running to little horseshoe sprinklers.

Finally, I've been burping the buckets/bags of bud from the last harvest. I highly recommend this method. Bud goes into 3 gallon turkey bags, into 5 gallon buckets with screw on tops with gaskets and throw in humidity packs. I was out burping or releasing the build up and letting fresh air in and checked out a nug of Lemon Cheese.

20200714_233621.jpg

20200715_001606.jpg

Last tip of the day for my attempt at a 101. When photographing a nug play around with different backgrounds and lighting. There are options for purchase but the world is your backdrop! I've been drawn to this hood but have a few other ideas in mind as well.

Have no idea what I'm doing with this journal but I hope you're enjoying it. Feel free to throw in tips or questions, whatever. Thanks

MG :passitleft:
seen some photo's of fabric pots with roots growing through them and I know that's not good exposing roots to light..Those may be low quality and you often get what you pay for.. I like the sewn on handles on them but dont know if its enough to sway me away from the cheap black plastic nursery pots I'm currently using..

Here's a couple shots of the outdoor plants going. The first is an auto, it has sketchy genetics so I'm just happy to see something come of it. The second shot is several photoperiod Indicas. When you grow outside you obviously need to be more selective of your strains. Here, mould is not am issue but something to keep in mind. Here, short flowering time is the most important. These will hopefully be ready the first week in October and I'm guessing the cold will really bring out the purps.

20200716_101610_68916374263298.jpg
20200716_101616_68916527988871.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the outdoor plants going. The first is an auto, it has sketchy genetics so I'm just happy to see something come of it. The second shot is several photoperiod Indicas. When you grow outside you obviously need to be more selective of your strains. Here, mould is not am issue but something to keep in mind. Here, short flowering time is the most important. These will hopefully be ready the first week in October and I'm guessing the cold will really bring out the purps.

20200716_101610_68916374263298.jpg
20200716_101616_68916527988871.jpg
I see a little beetle damage there on that big fan leaf.. If this something that is just give and take being an outdoor grow? or did you have to spray?

With the plant that is flowering it is what it is, I wouldn't recommend spraying. For the photoperiods I wouldn't be totally opposed to spraying. This is a test to be honest. First time grower is growing out plants I started for them. They send me occasional update pics and I visit from time to time.

I would like to research more but there may be some plants that could be planted in the area that may prevent this in the future. Again, learning as I go. Marigolds rings a bell but I could be off my rocker.

With the plant that is flowering it is what it is, I wouldn't recommend spraying. For the photoperiods I wouldn't be totally opposed to spraying. This is a test to be honest. First time grower is growing out plants I started for them. They send me occasional update pics and I visit from time to time.

I would like to research more but there may be some plants that could be planted in the area that may prevent this in the future. Again, learning as I go. Marigolds rings a bell but I could be off my rocker.
I wouldn't spray anything hard..I made up a spray bottle of tobacco, rosemary and clove. So far it works like a charm..I noticed the beetle damage because i have the same thing attacking my grape vines and so far haven't found an easy way to treat it. There's a company that advertises here, Get the best natural pesticides available – toxin free & vegetable safe so kinda skimmed through it noticing i had all the ingredients.. Someone here in the group mentioned the tobacco proportion was 3 strong regular cigarettes and used that as my base proportion.. I steeped some concentrate after grinding it together and running it through a fine mesh basket sieve a few times to catch sediment.. It looks medium amber in color and just treated it as if I was brewing up a cup of loose Earl Grey tea.. [color should be a medium amber leaning towards the darker end of the spectrum..] In your case because of crop size i think you'll need a pump-wand sprayer and need to hit those plants few times during the week.

Because I've been vigilant and pro active, no real big insect issues on my plants except for an occasional grass hopper/Katydid I catch taking a nip or two but i expect this and it is what it is being a partial outdoor grow.. Also some of those holes in the plants are being made by ants, the medium sized ones.. Been a mild winter rainy spring and there's an ant explosion this season.. We watched them enter the house through a window crack taking out a small African violet windowsill plant in a matter of days. Tell tale sign was those big ass holes in the center of the leaf..They were not going for the edges..

I heard it was marigold and citronella but that's more for natural forms of mosquito repellent..

Thanks @Backlipslide so not much of a 101 but more of a follow up. I burped my 3gallon turkey bags o bud tonight. As I mentioned, I keep them in 2 gallon buckets with air tight screw on tops. I also put 62% humidity pack in each bag.

I have been taking from the buckets to fill my grinder. It helps me remember to consistently burp the buckets. Here's the cheesy nugget I took for my troubles today.

20200720_233401.jpg
20200720_233606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom