Last nights hail didn't do much damage. Just a little tear in one of Fay's upper leaves.

Leona- day 106
However the downpour of rain bent some of Leona's branches out. The same thing happened last time I grew this strain, and just like last time she didn't try to straighten back up, but started to adapt to the new position.
I've bought the branches back up, so over the course of the day I should see the tips pointing up again.

Fay Wray- day 55
Looks like we'll have another purple plant in the garden soon. Several leaves are starting to show some colours, but no buds yet.

Mel has a beautiful garden 🪴 not just awesome weed but his entire garden. CL🍀
I second that.
Thanks guys!

Is Leona the one in the bucket from 'building a sip like planter'?
Hi Fender.
No, that was Desdemona. Leona is in a 30 litre/7 gallon fabric pot.
I'll be working on the planter next spring, converting it into a real SIP.

Hi Fender.
No, that was Desdemona. Leona is in a 30 litre/7 gallon fabric pot.
I'll be working on the planter next spring, converting it into a real SIP.
Ah right that was the one covered with pebbles.
Leona is looking great though!
Probably most interesting to try photos in SIP outdoors as that might speed up the process a bit.

Ah right that was the one covered with pebbles.
Leona is looking great though!
Probably most interesting to try photos in SIP outdoors as that might speed up the process a bit.
That's the plan for next year. I still haven't decided what strain to go with, but I've ruled out Apple Betty. That one grows out of control in regular pots, so I think a SIP might be a bit much.
I'm planning on sticking with strains I know finish quickly around here next year, although Lemonchello Haze did finish earlier last time I grew it.

The SIP auto here finished on time as per instructions, the ones in the ground are still going and not as girthy.
It could shave a couple of weeks on the photos outside which for us in not as fortunate climates can make a huge difference.
This kind of makes me think I should grow a strain I've had consistent results from outdoors, like Blueberry, indoors this winter to get a couple of clones and put one in the SIP, and the other in the ground to compare finishing times.
Hmm. Something to think about.

This kind of makes me think I should grow a strain I've had consistent results from outdoors, like Blueberry, indoors this winter to get a couple of clones and put one in the SIP, and the other in the ground to compare finishing times.
Hmm. Something to think about.
Kay! My money is on the SIP finishing earlier.

Fay is coming on strong for the end and tell Leona to get a move on, for me of course. I don't want her to get mad at you!

Two questions:
Are two plants a "group"?
Are you concerned about Leona outgrowing the pot? I guess I am or I woudn't have brought it up.
You could borrow from orchids and call a more than one a “coterie”

As in,

“Nick had a motley coterie in his flower room”

😅

Beautiful.
Thanks Keith!
Loving your work mate. They look set up for a solid finish
Thanks DV8!
Fay is coming on strong for the end and tell Leona to get a move on, from me of course. I don't want her to get mad at you!
Thanks Shed!
Are two plants a "group"?
Technically yes, I think. Also having the same title makes searching groups easier. I have a lot of pics of plants, so searching pic titles narrows things down to manageable levels.
Are you concerned about Leona outgrowing the pot? I guess I am or I woudn't have brought it up.
I was, a bit. But not really anymore. I only have to water her once a day (if it doesn't rain) so I don't really see how she could be overly rootbound.
I was thinking, early in the season, that I might want to get a larger pot and transplant her mid to late July. But by then it was clear that the season wasn't going to be like last year, with the crazy amounts of sunny days we got, and the root growth to support the beasts that caused.
Of course by this point last year all the plants in pots were well into flower.
We'll see what happens, but given her smaller size and slower growth, I'm not too worried yet.
You could borrow from orchids and call a more than one a “coterie”

As in,

“Nick had a motley coterie in his flower room”

😅
Thanks, but I think I'll stick to group for now!
I think you can go with the traditional "crüe"!
Too much hair!

Leona- day 109
Doing well so far, if a bit behind where I was hoping to be at this point.
Just one odd thing. I found a bit of bud turning black. The black parts don't look damaged by mould or fungus. They look like ink was injected into the leaf. I'll keep an eye on it.

Fay Wray- day 58
I'm really impressed with the speed with which she is flowering, and the frost she's putting on.
She keeps showing potassium excess if I give her MC, so I've switched to straight water and she seems to like it.

Back
Top Bottom