36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

Wow, way cool. We need to chat some time. I will share my era data points. I was on some semi famous fires in my day.

ok, going to share with you the view I have of my plants... in real time... while we chat...

4203.png

Now, the most important thing about growing plants, is what you see but dont see in that picture...

Aki the Mysterious.

My dad is a fire marshal now (worked his way up from volunteer) and my grandfather has spent many summers keeping fires off his property. Myself, I would have been a firefighter if I got along with my father in my teens. I was the dummy for cpr and shock training when I was a kid.

I rambled too much already, and you with limited time.

Plants natural CO2 levels according to their biology is 1200 to 1600 ppm, yet we currently barely have 400 which is just above plant death rates around 150ish... irony is how low our CO2 is, not how high... cough cough...

Aki the CO2 WTF Guy, Plants have CO2 Rights too...

So how would you go about naturally raising co2 levels in either an indoor or outdoor garden?

Dig a hole in the ground with a back hoe. Make a bowl. CO2 is heavier then air, make that a tool. Plant your plants 15 ft below ground level. Angled at the Sun. So they out out of wind, and CO2 cant escape. You can use natural CO2 engines or even CO2 tanks to fill the pit the plants are buried in.

The plants grow up in a place out of the wind, angled at the sun, with raised CO2 levels... what doesnt work.

In my case, I rain CO2 down on the plants all day and day and oh wait, its still 24/0 day... lol

Aki the CO2 Rain Dancer.

So how would you go about naturally raising co2 levels in either an indoor or outdoor garden?

Indoors:

Large water container, I use this design. This is a duplicate dual system. It generates CO2 for weeks to a Month. you can pour off water, add new sugar and it will continue fine. works until the booze level kills the process. Great feed stock for a home distillery then.

IMG_180314.JPG
IMG_180415.JPG

Yesterday I messed around with making some rosin for my friends and I to dab. Different temperatures, pressure, and time affected the oil being produced. The plates on the hair straightener don't heat up equally, but I was liking around 300 degrees for two or three seconds, with enough pressure as I could, gave a nice golden shatter. The dabs were very smooth, no coughing, no harshness. Barely felt like smoking, was like a very smooth clean vape hit. We are going to be experimenting with making it more efficient with max yields. We were all impressed, to say the least.

On my way to the Mariners game. Go Ms!

I'm beginning to wonder if it is the night time during veg. We need big root balls to support our plants, and I'm not finding that with a 24/0 light cycle.

This was a GREAT point. I have also noticed a lack of root growth in my 24/0 plants. However, I put it down to a lack of 2700 shift in the spectrum of late. That is, I have gone from a nice mixed spectrum grow, to a focused CFL 6500 for Veg and CFL 2700 for flowering. The plants outside that have been underwhelming have gone directly from 24/0 with 6500 CFL lighting.

Your quote dug at my subconscious all morning... I just went in and removed some 6500 and hot swapped in a 65w in 2700 to the current grow space. At a minimum, it will increase the stretch in the plants, requiring them to move out quicker, which isnt such a bad thing. It should also cause Sweet80'sSue to stretch too.

Aki the outdoor gardener thinking about a lack of roots in his indoor plants

Back
Top Bottom